Marvel Iron Age: Daredevil - Chapter 2 (Fallen Angel)

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

THE CHARACTER DAREDEVIL AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

Art by: Original by Marvel, Edited by me.

Writing by: and me.

Chapter 2: Fallen Angel.

No Caption Provided

(Note: All words spoken from Daredevil to Angel are in thought form)

New York City. Once a thriving skyline that stood up against the rest of the world as the leader of architectural and modern advancements; now a gloomy haven for murderers and rapists. Blood and metal flow through the dark, dusty streets as everyone walks across the damage and debris ignoring the screams and cries of the damned. The city itself was "A Devil among men" Chuck use to say. He would tell me stories about the city always falling and breaking apart, slowly opening from the inside, succumbing to the corruption and chaos that spread inside it like a disease that would some day spread and consume the rest of the world if not watched carefully. He use to tell me if Hell was on earth, New York City was built right on top of it.... I like to think that Chuck was right. The world since his father's time has slowly flushed into a trance of obedience to an army made of men who wear armor and flashy suits and pretend to be gods. I was raised into this obedience like a bound slave along with the rest of my people, and the people before mine. We were all born into a world of fire and chains... no one chose this life. I didn't want to be a man hiding behind a mask, cleansing the city of the demons that hide in it's cracks. I didn't want to be the subject of a cruel joke that God found funny.... I didn't want to be an empty vessel, void of words, sight and feeling. And I sure as hell didn't want to be here right now.

-

The face of an Iron soldier is seen. The helmet raises and transforms so that the face is revealed. The eyes inside the helmet are milky white and void of life.

[Angel: Charlie... we have company.]

[Daredevil: You don't say?....Genevieve...]

-

The face inside the helmet grins and the helmet closes to cover up the face.

-

[Angel: Ugh.. I forgot. Daredevil... we have company. Please don't ever call me that again... ever. ]

[Daredevil: When we're on the field don't refer to me as Charlie again, and you have yourself a deal.]

[Angel: I still don't get that. It's not like i'm physically saying your name.. i'm just thinking it. Paranoid much? ]

[Daredevil: No offense Angel, but you aren't exactly special in your area of expertise. More people read minds than actual books nowadays and you aren't exactly.. the strongest or brightest telepath out there. ]

[Angel: I will melt your brain into pudding!]

[Daredevil: Be careful, you might hurt yourself...]

[Angel: THE NERVE OF YOU SOMETIMES CHARLIE!--]

[Daredevil: Shhhh... we have company. ]

-

A small group of Iron Soldiers enter the room surrounding Daredevil. They are revealed to be in a locker room where Daredevil is sitting on a small bench pretending to finish putting his suit back on.

-

[Daredevil: Rank? ]

[Angel: Street Patrol. Nothing you can't handle if things go from bad to worse. A heads up would be nice if you go Enter The Dragon though.]

[Daredevil: Noted.]

-

All the soldiers remove their helmets as they begin to undress the rest of their armor.

-

Iron Soldier 1: --No way! Are you really going to sit there and tell me that The Kingpin doesn't exist...

Iron Soldier 2: All i'm saying is, The Kingpin is suppose to be the top dog around these parts and he hasn't even shown his face. Why would you want to hide all that power? If I was The Kingpin I would paint my face on every single building from here to Liberty.

Iron Soldier 3: It hurts me to look at your face enough as it is. The thought of your ugly mug reminding me of your existence every minute of every day just makes me cringe.

-

All the remaining soldiers laugh.

-

Iron Soldier 2: Laugh it up, go ahead. You monkeys can continue to run around, watching what you say and what you do in fear of some ghost coming after you. The Kingpin isn't real. Just an urban legend.. an excuse for the horrible conditions of this city passed down idiot to idiot.

Iron Soldier 4: The Kingpin is very real...

-

All the soldiers turn to face a fully unarmored soldier in the corner of the small room. He is looking down, tying his shoes in the shadows.

-

Iron Soldier 2: Oh really? And you know this... how?

-

Iron Soldier 4: Because I personally work for him. He pays me to report to him everything and anything I hear in this department.

-

All the other Iron Soldiers have blank looks on their faces as they stare at the mysterious man.

-

Iron Man 2: I... I... have stuff... to go.. and do...

-

The doubting soldier picks up his equipment and quickly and frighteningly walks through the automatic door and exits the room, falling in the process.

-

The other soldiers look at their mysterious peer and then burst out laughing. The mysterious man laughs too.

-

Iron Soldier 1: Jimmy is such a spaz.. haha

-

All of the men exit the room laughing. The only men left inside the locker room are Daredevil and the mysterious unarmored soldier in the corner of the room.

-

[Angel: Ready when you are. I say we have about 5 minutes. 7 minutes Tops. ]

[Daredevil: We better hurry this up then. Cut the lights. Lets see how our friend here likes the dark as much as we do. ]

[Angel: 1...2..3... ]

-

*PKCHAAAW*

-

The entire building goes dark. Panic and faint yelling among the entire police staff can be heard inside of the locker room.

-

Iron Soldier 4: What the hell?

-

[Daredevil: Your up kiddo. Make me believe you. His life depends on it.]

-

Daredevil pulls a small radio transmitter out of his pack. The voice of his partner Angel comes through the other end.

-

***Angel: Phillip Knives?***

Iron Soldier 4: Who...who wants to know?

***Angel: You have committed heinous crimes against your fellow man and therefore... deserve to pay.***

Philip Knives (Iron Soldier 4): Who is that?! What the hell is going on here!!

-

The man panics, stands up and runs into the automated door. It doesn't open.

-

***Angel: If I were you I would be more focused on me and my impatient partner here and not the door that isn't going to open unless

I want it to.***

Knives: You let me outta here you now, you BITC--

-

Daredevil swiftly envelopes out of the shadows and punches the man in the face and disappears into the darkness.

-

***Angel: Believe it or not... I am your redemption. He... is your punishment. Which one of us would you like to get to know better?***

Knives: Show yourself you *#@!*ing coward!!

-

[Daredevil: 2 minutes. You have 2 minutes...]

[Angel: Wait Charl--Daredevil I can do this!]

-

Phillip Knives ignores the radio and begins screaming and yelling and pounding on the door.

-

***Angel: Listen to me Mr. Knives. You can make it out of this alive! You just have to give us what we want... Please. Just listen, please!***

-

If you want things done right....

-

Daredevil slowly lowers the volume on the transmitter to the point where Angel's voice can no longer be heard anymore. The pitch black room grows less chaotic without the sound of Angel's voice screaming and pleading. Daredevil begins to whistle an old tune in hopes of setting the right mood. The whistling frightens the man. Mission accomplished.

-

....you gotta do it yourself.

-

[Angel: Charlie... I can do this. For the love of God..., just give me one more chance. I need more time!]

[Daredevil: Time is the one thing we are short of, Angel. Drop our connection and head back to base. I'll meet you there as soon as i'm done here... Daredevil.. out.]

-

A young woman is seen perched on top of a tall building directly across from the blacked out police station. She lowers the high tech binoculars in her hands to reveal a gentle face full of sadness and defeat. This is Angel, and tonight blood is on her hands.... again.

-

Angel: Dammit Gen... DAMMIT!

-

Angel forcefully puts her binoculars and radio transmitter in her duffle bag as her eyes fill with tears. She looks one last time at the building across the street then quickly jets away from view.

-

CAPTION: Saint Paul's Chapel: Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

-

[Daredevil: You were sloppy tonight]

-

Daredevil is cleaning his weapon with an old tattered towel. The towel is drenched in old and fresh blood. He along with Angel are in an old abandoned church. Candlelight dances across the walls and the floorboard.

-

[Angel: .. Yeah, well that makes two of us.]

[Daredevil: Excuse me?]

[Angel: Lately you have somehow gotten the idea that my opinion is just an option for you to take into consideration... we had a deal Charlie.]

-

Angel lowers her head in despair as Daredevil stands up to face her. He takes off his mask and stares angrily in her direction.

-

[Daredevil: Our deal was never broken. I gave you the chance to do things your way. Your way doesn't work. It never has, and it never will. Tonight we... I ..found out where The Kingpin is. Knives was a murderer and a thief who hid behind an iron badge. He won't be missed.]

[Angel: Then why the hell am I here Charlie? If you truly think that there is no hope in the way I do things, then why do you continue to put us both through this? Is it because of dad?]

-

Daredevil turns away from Angel. He sits back down on his chair to continue cleaning his weapon.

-

[Angel: Maybe... maybe dad was wrong, you know? We don't have to live the way he wanted us to. We don't have to go through with this.]

-

She sits next to Daredevil and gently grasps his chin to face her.

-

[Angel: He wasn't your real father Charlie. Why do you continue to put yourself through this? It isn't your burden to hold. It never was.]

[Daredevil: The moment they took away my soul was the moment I was forced to evolve. This fantasy land that you live in is... well, is just that. You have eyes. Open them. See what I hear. See what I smell. The death... the burning... it's not going to end unless someone makes it end. No one is going to fight this war for you Gen. The world is full of horrible things waiting for you to hurt so they can attack. We don't get to have the luxury to sit this one out. We were trained as soldiers by our... your dad. It's our duty to see this through. He wasn't a curse young one, he was a gift. And one day when all you have left is your unmodified, untainted hands... you will see that. And you will regret it.]

-

I can feel her heart beat accelerate. She wants to yell or punch me. She want's to, but she won't.

-

[Daredevil: I need air. We should link in before I go, in case you need me.]

-

She won't link in. She hates me too much right now. She will forgive me eventually though, she always does.

-

Daredevil picks up his dual club and places them inside the holsters on the side of his thigh. He turns around one last time to face Angel, but she doesn't make eye contact with him. He can feel it. She is hurt. He runs forward and leaps out the open window.

-

Daredevil is free falling from a massive height. This part of the city is old and forgotten. None of the buildings have electricity anymore and look like they can barely stand. A forgotten warzone.

-

She doesn't understand.. How could she? She had someone watching over her, her entire life. Whether it was me or Chuck, we made sure she remained safe and protected. She didn't have the best childhood, but who does nowadays? We kept her unharmed and pure..and in reality... that's far more than any of us are blessed with.

-

Daredevil pulls out and unwinds the steel grapnel from his billy club and throws the grapnel against the side of a building, swinging him to the lower end of the building gently falling on one of the larger gargoyle statues.

-

She isn't a child anymore. She needs to grow up herself before something.. someone does it for her.

-

I don't blame her though. She was always this way... so naive... so dumb. When we were kids she would always choose a daily beating from her father rather than train to become a soldier... a warrior. After her beatings when we would speak.. or in my case listen, she would tell me that she would one day grow up to be a princess, and that princess's don't fight. "You can be my knight!" she would yell in joy. I would smile and let her know that I accepted her offer. I miss those days... I know I shouldn't, but I do. It's the only time in my life where for once I didn't have to watch or take care of anybody.

-

It begins to rain slowly at first then it pours like large tears.

-

Chuck knew Angel was a telepath way before she did. He somehow knew that his daughter was special like her mother was. When I showed up young, blind, and without a voice, the first thing Chuck did was lock us both in an old rusty car.... then drowned it in gasoline and set it on fire.

-

We escaped the inferno after she was forced to prematurely develop her abilities. The poor thing. Chuck wired her mouth shut to keep her from speaking to me with her words while I was panicking and choking on smoke. I was her only hope to survive. You would think that a little girl in such a tough situation would just give up, but nope. She wanted to challenge her father one last time before she died and that's exactly what she did. There we were.. two kids working together to survive and thats exactly what we accomplished. WE survived. I was strong enough to break the window and she was smart enough to calm me down and tell me where to go and what to do. I hadn't been blind for a day yet and boom; there I am thrown into an almost impossible situation. I would be dead right now if she hadn't saved me from the fire. We both would have.

-

After our escape, Chuck was sure I was the one. He believed because I was blind and lost that I was destined to be the next Devil; the savior to a doomed world like his grandfather once was. His daughter being a telepath, me being a mute. It couldn't be a coincidence. Gen was my voice. The only person in the world who I could talk to... she was my Angel.

-

He trained us vigorously and mercilessly. He taught me how to kill...how to adapt... how to grow ....with every punch and kick I received he taught me how to become a master of ancient fighting techniques and acrobatics and he taught Gen how to speak more fluently with me and to eventually become one with my mind. Soon she became not only my voice, but my eyes. We weren't just connected, we were linked... like a chain. Chuck trained us and trained us to the point where we were bloodied and broken. Gen couldn't wait for it to be over and I couldn't wait for it to start up again. Chuck was a cold man, but he knew.. I knew he had to be. For his sake and for ours. I wanted revenge and the only way I could ever get it was to be trained and molded into the man I am today. When I killed my first demon, I received the tights. He warned me about the world and how accepting the costume would be signing my own death certificate, but that I would save many innocent people and at last get my vengeance in the process. I accepted and have been fulfilling the role of protector to the weak as best I can while looking for the ones responsible for the death of my family.. my real family. After we got older and Chuck died, Angel tried to break our link... we tried to break our link. It was impossible. She was tuned in to me and I was tuned into her. She almost went crazy with the thought of being handcuffed to me for the rest of her life. Wouldn't you? I was the very thing she hated as a kid. I was her father. She eventually figured a way to temporarily shut it off. We can control it now, but we can never get rid of it. The longer we shut it off, the more powerful it becomes when we turn it back on. We were meant to be together forever.

-

A nearby clock tower rings and whistles in the air. Daredevil turns to look at the far away tower to see a group of Iron Soldiers flying in the air in an orderly manner.

-

She doesn't understand that without her.. I would go berserk and kill every one of those demons that I could get my hands on. Every mugger, rapist, murderer, pimp, soldier... would all be dead before sunset. She holds me back from being completely fallen. I know taking the life of another has to be more poetic.. there has to be reason to it. "You only kill the ones that would have other wise killed or hurt someone else without your inversion. If you are watching someone being stabbed, you grab that knife and you stab the attacker back...But if you are too late, then it is your fault.. the blood is on YOUR hands... and the demon shall remain free from persecution to walk the earth and remind you of your failure... until the next time of course". Chuck looked at the anger on my face after he said that... he knew that that one rule would intervene with my vengeance.. And he let me know that once... just once.. it was ok to break that rule. When I find The Kingpin... I will kill him. I will kill not only him, but his idea and anyone and everyone else who supports it. The idea that we are all slaves to an Iron Nation.. to generals and corporations. The Kingpin isn't just a person, but a group of people. They will all bleed on my gloves as I choke and cut the life out of their soulless bodies. All these soldiers in suits are nothing more than trash who get paid to kick the already kicked. They are guilty, but as of now are free from my judgment. They follow orders from men in high chairs. These are the men who will pay without a second thought. I will show them the same mercy they have showed me. That's what Chuck taught me. You kill to survive... nothing more.. unless of course you just really, really have to.

-

Daredevil grins at the thought of achieving his goal.

-

Tonight I found out that The Kingpin is on the other side of the country. Tomorrow me and Angel will have to travel there without our masks and weapons. I really do hate to leave my city but... duty calls.

-

That feeling? I haven't felt that since...

-

Daredevil touches his closed eyes.

-

Something.. is wrong..

-

Angel..

-

Daredevil has a worried look on his face as he quickly climbs to the top of the skyscraper. When he gets to the top he smells and hears the commotion.

-

The church...my home...our home is engulfed in flames. Angel.. I can't feel her anymore. I can't leave her .. I must save her as she once saved me. The debt needs to be paid..The inferno has come back to claim what is rightfully his... It has come back for me and Angel. I will not let it succeed.

-

Daredevil opens his mouth to scream, but nothing comes out as he dives in through the large stained glass window of the church. The building collapses after him. It is presumed that Daredevil has died in the fiery chaos.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

Great job! This is a really great continuation of DD. Love the locker room scene. Keep it up

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@batkevin74 said:

Great job! This is a really great continuation of DD. Love the locker room scene. Keep it up

Thanks for reading and the feedback! Sorry for all the grammar mistakes too, just edited it.

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By desperado_

You killed them... -______-

Really ?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@desperado_: I think it's meant as a cliff hanger I doubt he's actually killed him on his first story

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By batkevin74

He aint dead ("its presumed daredevil died in the firey chaos)

He aint dead? (presumed not actually...right?)

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By desperado_

@joshmightbe: @batkevin74:

I was only kidding because he killed my last fan-fict project.. literally.

But I doubt he actually killed them. It wouldn't be beneath him though. :P

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By The Impersonator

a daring chapter!

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By tomdickharry1984

This is good...so Angel is in Daredvls head

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Time_Phantom

This is better than I thought. Great read!

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@The Impersonator: Thanks for reading and giving feedback!

@tomdickharry1984 said:

This is good...so Angel is in Daredvls head

Yes and no. Angel is real, but the thing is DD was born a mute (he can't speak). Angel is a telepath so she can communicate with him telepathically at a distance. She can also feel what he feels and hears what he hears at times. It's kind of confusing, but I will explain their connection more in the future.

@Time_Phantom: Thanks for reading, much appreciated!

@desperado_ said:

@joshmightbe: @batkevin74:

I was only kidding because he killed my last fan-fict project.. literally.

But I doubt he actually killed them. It wouldn't be beneath him though. :P

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#12  Edited By The Impersonator

@TheWholeDamnShow: No problem! :)

batkevin74