Marvel Iron Age Chronicle #2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

New York Central Park

Jason tried to relax but three Iron Soldiers in close proximity to the woman carrying his child made him tense up. The soldier eyed the I-Dent cards then handed them back.

“You see anything suspicious?”

“No,” Samantha replied. “Just out for a stroll.”

“You talk funny!”

“I’m. Ost. Ray. Lian.” Samantha said slowly and deliberately.

The soldier shook his head “Move along.”

Jason and Samantha walked off and she nuzzled into his big chest. “Not everything is solved by punching.”

“Yeah, yeah,” he replied.

“You two okay?” said a low voice from some nearby bushes. Jason peered into them to see Anthony Salazar, the man known as Hawkeye, covering them with his bow.

“We are,” Samantha replied. “We’ll do a lap before we come down for the Avengers meeting.”

“Well make it quick, Vision’s making nachos.”

Shiva’s Eye, Northern Indakistan

Daniel Warstar smiled as he watched his four students levitating in the air; each all potential candidates as his successor as Sorcerer Supreme. There was Kushtrim Bajuk; a boy from the war torn city of Bertoki who’d mystically created an impenetrable shield around it. There was Naila; a woman from this part of the world nearly killed by her own family for her ‘devilish’ ways. From China came Dhanny Bezchalk, who was the newest incarnation of a Ghost Rider with the dread lord Dormammu bound to him courtesy of Hell Lord Daimon Hellstrom. And lastly was Krall; a mutant/alien girl rescued by the Avengers from a sweatshop in New York who he’d had a dream about.

“Very good, very good,” Daniel praised as he clapped his hands waking them from their semi catatonic state.

“I could've kept going,” said Kushtrim.

“I know, but this was a group exercise.” Daniel patted him on the head then paused. “I’m sorry that was really patronising. I’m still kinda new to this teaching role.”

YOU ARE A MAGGOT!

Daniel turned to Dhanny, who was in his Ghost Rider form. “Good morning Dormie, how are you today?”

“Sorry Daniel,”

“You don’t need to apologise Dhanny. It’s not your fault you’re in a weird switcheroo state with a demon. It shows to your strength and spirit that you withstand his constant verbal assaults.”

I WILL FLAY YOUR SKIN AND EAT YOUR EYES!

“I’m working on a spell that will lessen even remove his voice from your head,” Daniel said “Which is why I tapped in so when he yammers on I can help.”

THE HORRORS I WILL REAP UPON YOUR FLESH AND SOUL!

Daniel slammed his Uru mallet on the ground as he wove his other hand in the air “I SAY THEE ENOW! BE SILENT!!”

The spell and the lightning show rocked the cavern frightening demon and man alike. Daniel looked right into the hollow eyes of Dhanny’s skull; not at him but at the demon lurking within his mind. The demon slowly lowered his head and looked away. Krall gingerly crept forward and tapped Daniel on the leg bringing him back from the weird silent stare.

“Warstar?”

“Hi Krall,” he said with a smile. “Did I zone out again? Sorry, dealing demons has that effect. Okay, let’s break for some lun…” Daniel paused, looking up to the sky. “Excuse me, I’m needed*. Wings of Odin. Winds of Watoom.”

And with a swirl of wind and flash of light he was gone leaving his four bewildered students behind.

“Lunch?” suggest Naila.

*Daniel Warstar will appear in @joshmightbe’s Hardy & Creed dealing with a cosmic anomaly thing just in case you were wondering

Doomstadt, New Latveria

“What the hell is that?” Carol yelled across the throne room as three servants paused, precariously balancing an oversized portrait of herself being brought into the throne room.

“It is a gift fro…”

“Send it back,” she said shaking her head at the hideous thing.

“But your majesty…”

Carol’s hand shot up and a blast of energy shot from her fist turning the picture into exploding ashes and the servants scampering to safety. “DID I STUTTER?? NOW CLEAN IT UP!”

She threw her hands up in dismay and marched out of the room; past Baron Rancorious, Ares’ ambassador, and several other delegates, generals and officials.

Fremont Island, Salt Lake City, Utah

Darius Stane looked up at the two Hunter units flying over what he had been calling his island.

“Have you diverted their…”

-Radio, sonar, and telemetry all diverted to the dummy relay station and being fed fake information just as their signals are being sent back to continue this charade-

“Do I detect sarcasm?” he said as he activated the armour from his thumb, seconds later he was inside the battle suit feared across the empire; Distain.

-Unable to answer, speculative in nature-

“What has been wrong with my plans was it was just me,” Distain took to the air, his cloaking device covering him. “A solo run at the Supreme Commander nearly got me killed. Attempting to blow the entire planet wasn’t feasibl…”

-Lack of firepower to accomplish planetary destruction with this unit-

“Yes, yes. I pushed a satellite out of orbit to take out Chicago and merely flooded the city. I tried teaming up with those Avengers, but it was purely a name. Neither vengeance nor avenging. I fared better when I worked for Danvers but she’s a mewling quim with delusions of grandeur. This, this plan has merit.”

-Hijacking Iron Army soldiers, linking their suits to a nano-array to obey your commands to make an army large enough to attack the Supreme Commander head on-

“One Iron Army suit, though a poor man’s version of my own, has substantial power. Hunter units even more so.”

-And the humans inside the suits?-

“Expendable. Irrelevant.” Distain replied. “They are merely a distraction since he will attempt to use his psychic powers upon the operators. Now excuse me I have two more unwilling recruits to my army”

Portland Iron Hall, Maine

General Daria Ngyuen gasped as she turned on the light to see a stunning curvaceous woman with long brown hair dressed sitting at her desk pointing a heavy duty energy pistol at her. “Mongoose!”

“Hello Daria,” Jessica said. “Take a seat.”

“What can I do for a traitorous stark like you?”

“Traitorous? Coming from someone who’s made general through a purge,” Jessica smiled knowingly as her eyes undressed the beautiful quarter Vietnamese, Peruvadorian, French, Persian officer. “I know how the Iron Army promotes.”

“Either kill me or get out,” Daria hissed.

“I could do both,” the pistol hummed to life. “Your call.”

“What do you want?”

“I need the blueprints to the New York Iron Hall.”

Daria rolled her eyes. “You came all the way here for that.”

“I could’ve hacked into the database but then they’d know something was up. By running a routine query since you’re doing some…”

Daria looked around at the exposed wires in her roof “Renovations. Ask via my login and its all above board. Very clever. Shame you’ll be dead before you get that information.”

Jessica chuckled and stood up. “You mean the panic alarm attached to your cheap bracelet. Yeah thought of that. Also disabled all the cameras. I’ve been shadowing you for about a week and you had no idea. It’s glaring holes like this that makes me wonder how the Iron Army ever took over the planet in the first place. Now be a good little stark and shuffle that tight butt over here and give me what I want before I put a hole through you.”

Ferrum, Lab 7D, Brooklyn Heights

Jack Payden fell to the floor as the glass tube he was in shattered. The three former higher ups of the Empire; Fisk, Warren and Imck, leapt away almost comically as if lava was on the floor.

“What did you do?” screamed their guard.

“Nothing!” Imck shrieked even though he was lying and knew full well what had just happened.

“Call it in,” said the other guard. “Get a hazmat team in here. Stark knows what kinds of weird crap is…”

Jack launched off the floor, his hand smashing through the visor and grabbing the man by the face. With a grunt he tossed the guard across the room as his elbow slammed through the other guards visor killing him instantly. Jack scooped up some glass and leapt onto the guard scrambling to get up. With glass shards between his fingers he rained a series of savage punches turning the guards face into a chunky soup.

“It worked!” gasped Fisk. “It starking worked!”

To be continued...

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes! Jack Payden is back! I'm loving these aside stories! Ugh. I'm stuck at work and all I can do is think about writing!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it, nice seeing Warstar's students and Hellcat taming Jason.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: The student idea I've had for a while. But as for taming Jason, I feel Samantha is merely rounding down some rough edges to make him better.

@time_phantom:Ha ha ha Jack's back and he's not happy about it.

@impurestcheese call out as requested. And @tommythehitman

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I got the new Hardy and Creed up so I'm done with Warstar now.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Hmm wonder what's next for this story, feels almost like an Iron Age Revival, albeit a short one if Stryfe actually gets killed by the forces arrayed against him

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nice. Once again you're balancing each of these stories nicely and every one feels like they could maintain their own series.

Personally I'm enjoying the Distain and Warstar stories the most.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Which is my problem. I start thinking "Oh Steve the Cyber Monkey could hold their own as a title" start doing that and then get another idea for Derek the Ninja Pig and it spirals from their until I've got 50 odd titles and no progress on any of them. I'll keep this anthology showcase style for a while mainly to keep me on track so I CAN write multiple characters simultaneously

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers