Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 1

Sacramento, Mexifornia

Curtis stood in front of a large monitor in the middle of the city as a reporter went on about a possible Spider group in the city. As he watched a man shoved a gun in his back, "The wallet, and whatever else you got."

Curtis chuckled, "You find any money on me, I'll half it with you."

The man shoved causing Curtis to turn. He looked over the raggedy looking man with a faded goblin face on his shirt, "This will not end well for you."

The man moved the gun to his face, "Didn't stop to chat."

Curtis sighed as he casually stripped the man of his gun and removed the bullets before tossing it aside. The man looked indignant and went for a knife but Curtis swatted it out of his hand before he had it up. The man then swung his fist but was surprised that Curtis was suddenly behind him walking away.

He was tempted to follow but he had a gut feeling it was a bad idea. An old lady sat on the stoop of her apartment building chuckling at the goblin, "Boy, you're lucky he didn't take your pants."

He gave a dirty look as he bent to pick up his weapons when he noticed something. He patted his back pocket, "That guy robbed me."

The old woman nearly fell over laughing.

Col. Marcum stood outside an Al-Mar as General Balain stepped out handing him a cup of coffee. He eyed the contents with mild disgust, "Are you sure you don't have a little mutant in you? No normal human could possibly stomach as much of this stark water as you."

"Such a snob, Tommy."

He shrugged, "Not being a snob, just prefer my coffee not smelling like Krang piss."

The General dropped down with her terrible coffee and overcooked hot dog, "I forget you're a General's kid. You spend a few years in the trenches along the DMZ border with nothing but field rations then this crap becomes champagne and caviar."

"I've heard the speech about having to work for a living a thousand times. Now is there a reason we're hanging out with the sweat pants mafia here?"

She nodded, "A guy fitting the description of this Iron Fist guy was seen picking up groceries here. Odds are he's within a couple miles from here, five or six max."

"And you know this how?"

"People don't go out of their way for groceries if they don't have to, he's keeping a low profile so he'd want a place he could walk to but not so close that somebody could follow him home without noticing."

Marcum sat down beside her, "You really miss the spy stuff don't you?"

At the abandoned warehouse Curtis sat down on a bench as he tossed the cash he'd taken from the goblin on the table, "You're gonna need to go shopping."

Tiffany looked up from a map she was studying, "Why?"

"Well for one I did it yesterday, and two there's an Iron Army General camping out at the Al-Mar and they don't have a description of you."

She sighed, "Fine but load up while I'm gone, we need to leave. He's obviously not around here. We scoured the state and nothing."

He nodded, "Grab some extra provisions, its nothing but the Wilds between here and the next city."

As Tiffany exited the Al-Mar General Balain stopped her, "Let's see an I-Dent."

Tiffany gave a polite smile and handed her a card she'd received from a Spider in L.A., "Here you go, ma'am."

Balain looked it over and handed it back. As Tiffany walked off the General looked to Marcum, "Its a fake, a good one."

Marcum went for his comm but Balain stopped him, "Hold on a sec."

She opened the gauntlet of her armor and pulled up a holo-screen showing footage from the local street cameras, "There are easier ways to follow people."

A few minutes after she arrived at the warehouse there was a banging at the door. Curtis put on his pack, "That's probably not a friend."

Tiffany grabbed her pack and a large gun, "Out the back."

The door blew open and several Iron soldiers walked in but found nothing as the two walked out the back door and right into General Balain and a dozen soldiers from the Sacramento Iron Hall, "Sneaky little trouble makers."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe Oh cool can't wait to find out more about this version of Iron Fist

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't catch the SM:TAS reference (never seen the show), but "Krang piss?" I got a mental picture of a mutant brain making water...and it wasn't pretty. I blame you.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

@cbishop: @joshmightbe: "Not being a snob, just prefer my coffee not smelling like Krang piss."

One, I chuckled! Two, I imagined a series of milking sheds with farmers "milking" these things -->

which is kinda how I envisioned the Krangs. Big, angry, mutated komodo dragon type things!

And finally someone who knows how to check and I-dent card, spot a fake and not act like a stark! :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Krangs in this world are giant lizards that roam the areas between the cities and eat pretty much anything they come across. Think monitor lizard only the size of a grizzly bear.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I'm setting her up as a former spy with some actual combat experience and I'd say at least almost as competent as Hellfitta which I know is rare for our Iron Army Generals.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Just tell me that with your love of TMNT, they are at least named after that walking brain?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: That makes me feel much better....I wish you could hear me say that in my best Krang impression, but you'll just have to take my word for it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: One of the characters from my Fantastic 4 was almost named Casey O'Neil but I changed it at the last minute

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I monitor certain systems for customers, and one of the contacts I call every so often is named "April Jones." Every time I see it, I think, "She married Casey!" lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: Great and I thought working and catching the normal sized moniters were bad enough.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@joshmightbe: Curtis chuckled, "You find any money on me, I'll half it with you."....SHouldn't it be halve? It's wrong just more a linguistic question really

Bump

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: That was actually intentional, its not slang, more just a common speech error. Its like when people say "I could care less", when they actually mean "I couldn't care less."