joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 4

As Ares stood waiting for Khalaf's forces to make a move a message came over the comm in his ear, "We're ready to move, sir."

Ares nodded as he responded, "Do your best to keep it quiet, don't want to show our hand too early. Hopefully I'll survive long enough to see the look on Kurske's face."

Khalaf looked on uncertain what would happen next when finally after looking over his men and seeing the frayed tempers ordered a charge.

Ares' men wasted no time charging toward the Iron soldiers. The Busters dog piled on Vadim to attempt to take him out of the fight. King Adder dived into the rush of soldiers ripping several apart as soon as he connected.

Ares and Khalaf once more clashed in the field. As they stood with their weapons locked together Khalaf looked into Ares eyes, "What do you hope to accomplish here?"

The war god smiled, "I already accomplished my real goal, Now I just want to beat you."

Khalaf fell back a step and pulled his sword free before slashing Ares across the shoulder and trying for his neck. Ares blocked him again as Khalaf grunted, "What goal?"

Ares pushed him to the ground and lifted his ax to strike as he replied," When your Supreme Commander ordered all these soldiers and transports, he depleted the defenses for most of the Middle East and the patch of Eastern Europe he controls."

Khalaf blocked the ax as he realized this whole battle had been a distraction. Ares didn't want to win this battle to further his goal, he wanted to defeat Khalaf as a show of defiance to the Iron Army. Anger flared in the General as he thought on his men being sacrificed as a distraction while at the same time being confused as to why Ares was willing to sacrifice himself as well.

He rose to his feet and punched Ares in the face sending him down as he tried to stab him. Ares caught the sword by the blade as it hung over his neck and forced his enemy back.

Throughout the Middle East and Eastern Europe the mutants of the DMZ that could pass for human set up silent take overs of Iron Halls. They had insured the Iron Army would know nothing of it until the next day and by then it would be far too late to stop any of it and the DMZ borders would be expanded by thousands of miles.

Back on the field the fighting kept moving back and forth. When ever one side gained an advantage the other would counter. Khalaf began to worry for his men when he noticed his armor losing power, his cybernetics would keep him in the fight but most of his men weren't so lucky.

Cairo Iron Hall

General Hassan began making preparations for the Omega 3 protocol as a Lieutenant walked up, "Sir, General Khalaf still has twelve hours."

Hassan chuckled, " Trust me, The Supreme Commander will be pleased."

"But Sir, He specifically..."

Hassan glared, "You have your orders. Finish the preparations."

"Y..Yes sir."

Doomstadt, New Latveria

Queen Carol watched a screen showing soldiers from the DMZ crossing borders, "What, is Ares up to?"

Kurske shrugged, "Your War God tells me nothing."

" If he survives Turkey I want a meeting asap."

"It will be so, your highness."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joshmightbe: This is some exciting stuff. Though it might night make a difference. In the new War Machine that went up Carol is off doing some super heroics with Weapon Twenty and Kurske is a tad tied up in some... business.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: That convo could have taken place over a monitor if it'll help it make more sense. I just figured it would be best to have Carol at least aware of the situation.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@joshmightbe: The war god smiled, "I already accomplished my real goal, Now I just want to beat you."

Ahhh Ares, your overconfidence will probably be your undoing