joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 3

As the battle of Yozgat entered its forth day soldiers on both sides were frustrated and tiring from combat. Casualties were piling up. Khalaf was messaging Cairo for medical aid, "We need some field doctors, I don't have time to argue the point."

The General of the Iron Hall rolled his eyes, "If you can't finish the fight on your own then maybe you shouldn't have volunteered."

Khalaf glared at the weasel of a man sneering behind his desk, "When this battle is over you and I are going to have words."

Lieutenant Abad stepped up and looked on the angry General, "I take it Cairo was about as helpful as usual."

"That man is a waste of DNA. How he made General is the greatest mystery on Earth."

Abad gave a shrug, "I don't disagree sir, though I wouldn't go so far as to insult a superior."

"He isn't superior to a house fly. So what's the situation?"

Abad looked out, "Its quiet so far, The enemy camp is still there but the lion's share of their forces are out of sight."

Khalaf sighed, "How many snipers are left?"

"Five, but Abdul lost an eye so we only have four that are helpful."

Ares men sat in hiding waiting for orders to move. Ares crouched down next to his scout, "Have they lined up their snipers yet?"

"They're running low, on the plus side their air support is crippled. Then again so is ours, they're down to five sentinels and about eight Busters."

Ares hit his comm, "Vadim, are your men ready to go?"

About 3 miles south Vadim sat with many men as they planned to attack the camp from both sides, "We're ready to end this."

Khalaf stood in the camp. He looked around, "They're going to try to lay a siege on the camp."

Abad's eyes got a bit wide, "I'll get the men ready."

Khalaf kept his cybernetic eye locked on the scout he'd noticed, "This ends today."

As the Iron soldiers prepared for a fight a few sniper shots rang out and dropped several soldiers. Several more shots were followed by the rush of Vadim's men as Ares came up on the other side.Ares and his men headed straight for the sentinels as Vadim's went at the Busters. They intended to take out the biggest weapons on the field before the enemy had a chance to use them.

Khalaf had assumed as much and prepared for it. Ares men laid down heavy cover fire as the more powerful mutants plowed into the camp. The Iron soldiers retaliated. At this point the soldiers were angry, neither side seemed as sure of victory as it appeared at first. Both sides had lost men in the hundreds and just wanted the battle to end.

The fighting quickly turned vicious. The Iron soldiers quickly devolved into fighting hand to hand since most of their armor was too damaged to fire a repulser and both sides were running low on weapons and ammo.

Khalaf walked through the field hacking down any enemy that came within reach of his blade. He was taking out frustration over being denied the help he was promised by petty, power hungry generals on any enemy in sight. Ares on the other hand was more frustrated with his own inability to defeat Khalaf. Since the battle began the two forces had been on even ground with neither side giving an inch.

The rest of the world had taken notice of the battle and many were beginning to worry it would lead to full scale war. The Iron Army along with various governments under their rule tried to assure people that it was a minor skirmish but the fear was still hanging over like a black cloud.

The Supreme Commander himself had been forced to make a statement on it, he had assured people that the situation was under control but was furious that the battle was being used as yet another piece of evidence against his rule.

As he sat in his office and called up the General of the Cairo Iron Hall. He didn't even wait for a greeting, "Khalaf has twenty four hours to end this, a minute longer and you are to issue an Omega 3 protocol."

"Understood sir."

One the battle field the Iron soldiers were a little disheartened as the last of the sentinels fell but the last of the Buster units proved to be a bit more stubborn. This wasn't so much warfare now as a brawl. Only a few dozen soldiers remained on either side. Khalaf's reign of slaughter been curbed a bit when he met Vadim on the field. He'd been forced to fall back due to his inability to harm the stone skinned man.

Both sides pulled back to regroup but Ares and Khalaf glared at each other across the field. The two had proven to be equals in combat, they had decimated each other's forces but Khalaf knew when his weapons were gone Ares' mutants would wipe his men out. He was conflicted, he knew a retreat was his best option but that would cost him dearly.

Ares considered calling in the rest of his army from the DMZ but knew Kurske was waiting for an excuse to turn the place into a police state. Retreat wasn't an option, his men wouldn't have it. Ares turned to his men, "It is more than likely we'll die here."

King Adder stepped up, blood poring from a shoulder wound, "As long as they die with us, we are glad to."

Khalaf looked to Abad, "The last charge will start soon."

Abad nodded, "We aren't making it off this field are we?"

"I will do my best to get some of you home."

Khalaf looked down as he activated a holo-pad. He pressed send on the message he keeps ready for his wife any time he's unsure if he'll make it back, he considering giving a prayer but he doubted his god would listen to him. He gave Abad a pat on the back, "As I said, this ends today."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: The end seems nigh and I have the feeling it's going to be bloody.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: God of War vs God Killer. It will be a good match

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: There are other factors that will complicate things but I won't spoil them.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@joshmightbe: God of War vs God Killer. It will be a good match

I'm putting my 5 shekels on the God Killer, go Khalaf!