Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 96- The Purifiers, Part 6

Somewhere in the Project Armageddon facility, young Neena Thurman was playing a game with her mother. She always liked to play games because it was the only way to satisfy her needs, since she had nothing else better to do. At only 12 years old, Neena always had good luck in winning the game such as chess. The mother who turned out to be a scientist and a lover of Dr. Stephen Lang, have noticed the child's bright future. Tests had been been done to the white-skinned mutant to ensure that she was their future soldier if she were to work under their orders. After all, Neena had proven time and again that she could manipulate probability in so many ways that certain enemies couldn't harm her. But becoming a tool for Dr. Lang's ultimate goals was far from over. The mad scientist never liked mutants in the first place, especially her own daughter. One time, Dr. Lang had appeared in Neena's room and said, "My dear Neena, how well you've grown. It's been a long time." But Neena didn't speak to her father. In fact, she never liked him that much.

"I see. I do understand that you hate me because the way I've treated mutants. You must understand that mutants are the conquerors of humanity. Someday, I'll..." He stopped, thinking that he shouldn't say this sort of thing to a mere child of his own. He thought, What would she know? And he also thought of her mother, Dr. Beatrice Thurman. She wouldn't like it anyways. Yes, he and Beatrice used to be lovers before the time of her husband's death. Both lovers had an on and off relationship when they used to work together at Project Armageddon for quite a number of years now. But when Dr. Thurman found out she was pregnant, she knew the father would be Dr. Lang himself. The DNA tests have confirmed it. When Dr. Lang heard about it, he became furious that his lover bore a mutant child.

The door opened behind him, and the lovely Beatrice Thurman had just arrived to see how her child was doing. She looked at his former lover furiously, and thought she had made a mistake of loving him in the first place. Her late husband had never known their forbidden relationship. Even though, Dr. Thurman felt regret for cheating on him, she now had a child to look after.

Dr. Lang smiled at her. "I see you're doing well, Beatrice."

"What are you doing here?" Beatrice snapped at him. He shook his head. "Is that a way to treat your lover?"

"Come on, Steven. It happened a long time ago. Our relationship is over. You should know that by now." Dr. Lang gripped her arm, and sneered at her in a low voice. "You know what? You're right. But don't forget that our child is still here. If it weren't for us, she wouldn't exist." He looked at his child for a while and then smiled. Neena turned away from him. Then the mad scientist left the room.

Presently, Beatrice thought of what happened a few days ago in this room. At late hours, she would secretly cry alone and wished that she hadn't slept with Dr. Lang. When Neena noticed her mother was crying in tears, she asked, "Mommy... Is everything okay?" Beatrice shook her head. "It's fine. Neena. Let's play a different game."

----------------------------------------------------------------

We were on our way to the stronghold of the Purifiers sanctuary. It looked like Dom had been angry enough to hear that her own father would do somethin' like this. Sometimes, I wondered whether Dom would tell me her past. Because she neva mentioned to me that this human scientist was her father all the time. Well, I thought it wouldn't be the right time to consult with her, and ask her several questions. She looked pretty pissed off when that damn priest had mentioned it to me.

"Dom..." I said after a moment of silence. "You okay?" She still didn't reply right away. She looked at the priest and then said, "Yeah... I'm fine."

"Look, Dom. I didn't know about yer father. But... you should've at least told me." Dom looked back at me and sighed. "Look, Logan... we'll talk about this later. Okay? Now's not the time. Once we kill those damn Purifiers, I'll go after my father." Great! I didn't think that Dom would become this angry because I have neva seen her like this before. I guess you could say that father and daughter weren't like. It could go so many ways than that.

With the help of Matthew's info, we arrived at the abandoned church. Luckily, the X-Men drove their Blackbird away from the ruined X-Mansion. Because their flyin' vehicle was protected under the basketball court durin' the explosion. So yeah. At least that way, they've managed to drive it along with us. Not to mention our D.A.G.G.E.R. ship was still intact, since it automatically generated a force field around it, whenever somethin' fired at it. It was a good thing that those eggheads at the D.A.G.G.E.R. facility have managed to think of that one. I'll have to thank 'em later.

The X-Men landed their Blackbird before us. When it's our turn, I looked at Dom. "You ready?" Dom nodded. "I was born ready." She got her weapon ready and moved out. The door opened itself, and I took Matthew with me.

"Okay, pal. You betta lead us to William Stryker. Hear me? No tricks." Matthew didn't nod or say anythin'. He just looked at me, and that's all there is to it. I took him away and forced him to lead us towards the entrance of the abandoned church. A few seconds later, there was an alarm, comin' somewhere around the area, and then a flash of white lights shone at us.

"That's just great!" Scott said angrily. "It looks like they know we're here." I looked at Scott, and then at the others. "Where's Kurt and Hank?" Scott replied, "For now, they're staying at the Blackbird. Hank is doing fine, and he's just woken up. But I don't know about..." He was about to say Kurt, when the devilish mutant have finally arrived from the plane. "Kurt? What are you doing here?" Kurt replied, "You do not understand, Scott. Carol is here. I must save her." Scott and I looked at each other. Then the X-Men leader sighed. "Alright. But you should stay with us, in case if something happens to you. Got that?" Kurt nodded at the X-Men leader.

"The vile creatures are here!" One of the Purifiers cried out. They kept firin' at us, and we rushed towards them. I tried not to think of Hank comin' back here, and then turn into one of those evil versions whom I fought back at the X-Mansion. It was the first time, I had eva seen like that before. But fer now, it's good that he wasn't here to fight with us. Who knows that he could change back again.

The Purifiers kept chargin' at us. I slashed 'em apart and the blood spilled everywhere. I made sure that Matthew stayed with us while fightin' these damn priests. When they eva gonna learn?

Kurt didn't teleport because I figured that he should take some rest fer now. After all, Scott and the other X-Men could handle the current situation here. On the other hand, Colossus went ahead, and fought them in hand-to-hand combat. Bullets pinged at his organic chest and at the back. He lifted a huge rock, and then threw it at the incomin' vehicle. The Purifiers got out of it, just in time and the kids used their powers to fight 'em off. Scott fired the blast at them as usual.

Dom kept firin' at them. She killed them one by one. The last time, I remembered that nobody could harm her, due to her good luck charm. But then the anger towards her father could distract her. I'll have to watch out fer that one.

The holy mother******* kept shootin' at me, and I could still feel the pain. "WRAAAA!" I slashed their arms, legs, and chests. I slashed 'em everywhere I go.

"Stryker!" I called out to him. "I know you're here, ya b@$t@rd! Come out, whereva you are!" The damn priests kept shootin' at me, and Dom took them out, single-handedly. But this time, she didn't either smile or wink at me. She just went ahead and kept shootin' at those damn priests. She was still angry.

As I fought the evil priests, I suddenly stopped and then smelled that someone was held captive inside the cell. It looked like a dungeon of some sort, but I didn't know. I said, "Kurt... I think someone's in there. I can smell her." The blue-skinned mutant came towards me and said, "Carol must be in there." He bamfed and then came back with the woman, who got torn in shreds. Jesus Christ! What happened to her? She came around and then looked at Kurt's eyes. "Father Wagner... Is that you?" Kurt shook his head. "Do not say anything further, Carol. I am here for you. Who..." He paused, lookin' at her current appearance. "Who did this to you?" The woman named Carol cried out in tears. "It... It was a man named William Stryker. Oh God!" She covered her eyes, and kept cryin' about it. Kurt became angry and said, "Where is he?" The poor woman shook her head. "I... I don't know. But I know he's somewhere here." Kurt looked at me and then back at her. "Alright. I'll take you to a safe place and then find him." Carol didn't say anythin' to that. She must be in real pain. Whateva Stryker did to her, I'm gonna kill him. But it looked like Kurt wanted to do it, even though I knew he wasn't that type to kill anyone else. I didn't know about that. But there's only one way to find out.

Kurt teleported her to the Blackbird, and then came back. "Okay, Logan. Let's find him."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 97- The Purifiers, Part 7.

It looks like it's the final battle between Logan and his arch-enemy, William Stryker. Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. This time, I gonna kill that holy b@$t@rd. SNIKT!