Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 93- The Purifiers, Part 3

Somewhere deep in the stronghold of the abandoned church, Carol had just woken up from her deep sleep. She couldn't remember what happened earlier when she had seen a group of men, who were dressed in holy garb and one of them had shouted in God's name. Because she heard what happened in Kurt's room, back at her apartment. Carol had never thought in her life that she would get kidnapped by these people, who called themselves the Purifiers. After all, she and these people were on the same side, and yet Carol still couldn't figure out why they would want to kidnap her. One of the Purifiers had said, "It is written that those who sympathize with these devils, will be punished by God." Yes, that was true. But Carol didn't recall of whether she had any sympathy with the so-called mutants. There was one time that she had a mutant tenant, living in her apartment, who could control water in many shapes and sizes, and she knew at that point that the mutant was the devil himself, or the being that was created by the devil. Therefore, she and her husband had to kick him out, just for being different. Carol shook her head, and prayed to God for any sin that she hadn't seen in the recent events that have been transpired earlier, which then led to her capture.

The door opened slowly, and there came a man, who had been brought back to life from the dead. That man was now William Stryker. He had just returned from the Project Armageddon facility to check upon the Christian landlord. He smiled. "Hello, my dear. I know this is strange for you to be here. I understand that you're a devout Christian. Is it not so?"

The woman looked at him, and nodded her head slowly. She had not seen this man before. But she figured that he was the leader of the Purifiers. "Where... Where am I? Who are you?"

William walked closer to the woman and still smiled. "You're in the sanctuary, my dear. It used to be a church once, until it was abolished by an unknown mutant. Yes, these creatures are evil. We must pray to God for our strength, so that we could overcome these abominations. By the way, the name's William Stryker, and I'm the leader of the Purifiers. Our goal is to eradicate the mutant race."

Carol stood up from the ground. She looked around the place, and realized this cell had turned to be a dungeon, after all. She was being held captive by the Purifiers, and still didn't know why.

"Please... Let me go. I haven't done anything wrong."

William laughed at the woman, as if it were a big joke. "Did you? I must say that you had a former acquaintance with your dear old priest, who had turned out to be the devil himself. Looks can be deceiving, my dear. You should know what these mutants are capable of. Or did you forget of what they can do?"

Carol thought of the mutant tenant who could control water. Yes, she didn't know the truth until she saw him accidentally, using the ability itself. But for Reverend Kurt Wagner... She didn't know that he was also a mutant.

"I'm sorry that I was blinded by what I saw. But I did see the truth. Father Wagner had appeared before me in his true form. Now I know."

"Ah, but it's too late for that. Or you must be lying to cover his tracks. Is that not true?"

"No! I would never lie to anyone about him, less that I would lie of who I really am. I didn't know what he was. Please... Let me go."

William shook his head. "I'm afraid that's not possible, my dear. You're here for a very different reason other than conspiring with the devil himself." He looked at the Purifier, who was guarding the cell. He nodded and then closed the door, locking it. William turned back towards the woman. He came close towards her, and raised his hand. "Do you see this?"

Dear Lord, Carol thought. What... What has happened to his skin? It looked like decay, and yet the man will still alive. William realized that he didn't have much time because of his incomplete resurrection. He needed more time to lie down on the Lazarus Chamber, so that his skin could become entirely restored. When the Purifiers have found this ancient, holy ground, they found a way to resurrect the former soldier and the leader of Project X. Now that William was here, he felt that his skin was breaking apart like ashes. But he had found a solution to his problem.

"Please..." Carol stepped away from the horrendous sight of the man before her. "Leave me alone. Please..."

"I'm sorry, my dear. I will have to do it. There's not much time. Do you realize what it feels like coming back from the dead? I don't feel complete yet. But I must do something in case if our mission fails or that I die in vain. That is why I needed you." Then, William removed his garb, and exposed his naked form. Carol gasped at his full, decayed appearance. Then she screamed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The X-Mansion was under attack by those damn Purifiers. I should've known by now that they would come here, and settle a score with us. I'll have to make sure that Kurt was fine under the radar fer the time bein' and so. Because right now, it was necessary to kill them at plain sight. Scott, Hank and I may argue each other about it. But we didn't have much time. After all, they were here to kill us. That ain't gonna happen.

The Purifiers threw a smoke bomb in the living room. Dom cried out, and fired several rounds at them. I told Hank that this was no time to "apprehend" them. I gonna slash 'em all, and that is what I'm gonna do. I unleashed my adamantium claws, and stood there, smellin' all those religious rats movin' towards me. Then they fired several rounds. I cried out in anger and slash their chest durin' the smoke. I wish I could see 'em better. That way, I could kill 'em all.

"Logan!" Scott cried out after me. "Look out!" A Purifier, who looked like a wrestler, just swung his giant hammer at me. I fell across the room, and hit back on the wall. I shook my head, and tried to get up. Dom came towards me and said, "Logan... You okay?" I shook my head again. "Yea... I'll be fine. Just kill 'em." Dom looked at them, thinkin' that she shouldn't do it. Because the X-Men were here, and that they were not much of bein' the killers and all. I said it angrily. "Just do it, Dom." She sighed and fired at them. They all went down like flies, except for the big man, who was still holdin' the hammer.

Scott looked at the killings bein' made by Dom, and shook his head. He fired the optic blast at the big guy. But his hammer shielded the blast. Somehow that thing was blockin' Scott's power. He unleashed his full blast ahead. The big guy who still covered halfway with the hammer, was slowly bein' pushed back.

The other mutants came by, and these were kids who got into Xavier School a long time back. One Chinese mutant named Mark Lee, also known as Dragon blew fire from his mouth. The Purifiers were surrounded by the blazin' heat. Then Mark jumped over to them. He used his martial arts to kick and hit them at the same time. It was one of those Bruce Lee moves that I had seen once before. Yea... It was a total knockout. I wondered how Mark had to control his power, when not killin' enemies out there. I'm guessin he only used his martial arts to do the trick. Who knows?

The other mutant named Steve Camden, also known as the Borrower, just borrowed Scott's powers by touchin' his shoulder. Even without permission, Steve had to do it. It was one of those battles, when you didn't have to ask each team member to borrow someone else's powers. He just have to know his part of savin' innocent lives. That was all. But the way he did it, was completely different from Rogue. He just absorbed a small portion of those powers permanently, and once he switched to another mutant, that previous power was gone. He could only borrow one power at a time.

Now that Steve had Scott's power, he fired the optic blast at the big Purifier. Two blasts would definitely take him down. Then a few seconds later, the big man got finally knocked out. The hammer fell down on the floor. And I rushed towards him, jumpin' over the couch, and then slashed his throat. Steve looked away, and Scott sighed of what I've just done. "You just don't learn, Logan." I looked at him, and shrugged. "What can I say, Scott? It's the only way I could stop him. He's that big if ya ask me."

Then Ronnie finally came to our rescue. She created a bow and an arrow, which was made of pure energy. It was certainly white all the time. Then she shot the arrow at each Purifier's leg and shoulder. They all screamed as they went down. I gotta to hand it to Scott. He was a great teacher, bein able to tell the kids, not to kill their enemies.

There were more Purifiers smashin' through the glass. And they fired at us. Colossus fought them hard enough that they didn't bother to attack him again. The Russian mutant just punched a woman's face and said, "I am sorry." Yea... I neva thought Piotr would hit a woman like that. I heard that he neva wanted to hit a woman because fer him, it seemed disrespectful. But in this case, he had to do it, just to save his organic @$$.

On the other hand, Beast just jumped like an acrobat, hittin' their heads everywhere. One Purifier cried out like, "In the name of the Lord, the Son and the Holy Spirit!" Yadda... Yadda... Yadda... The rest was bull$h!t fer these so-called Christians. But Hank probably didn't care. He kicked the Purifier, and then smashed him on the face. Then Beast stopped.

"Hank?" I called out to him. Hank shook his head. He seemed to be sweatin' like crazy, and I've neva seen him like this before. "No..." Hank said almost in a whisper. "Not again." I came towards him, and slashed the incomin' Purifier. "Hank! What's wrong?" The furry mutant looked at me. "You better get out of my way. He's... coming back." I got confused when he said that. I asked him who was coming back. But Hank shook his head again. "You don't understand, Logan. He... ARRRRRRGH!" I stepped back a little, watchin' the transformation takin' place. Scott and the others watched him.

"Hank!" Scott cried out after him, while firin' a blast at the incoming Purifiers. But the furry scientist didn't seem to listen to him. I didn't know what was happenin' right now. But the way I see it, the Hank that I know and have seen before, is not that Hank anymore. Somehow, he looked different. He just stood there, and smiled wickedly.

"Oh, that's just great!" Scott said angrily after he fought the Purifiers. "We have a big problem here." I asked Scott what was goin' on with Hank. He replied, "It's Dark Beast. He's back."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 94- The Purifiers, Part 4.

Holy crap! What's happening to our poor Beast? Dark Beast, you say? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Great! Now, I'll have to fight an evil version of Beast. SNIKT!