Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 90- Faith

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 90- Faith

I came back to the Catholic Church just to see how the former X-Man was doin'. It seems to me that Kurt had more followers around this area, while preachin' about the love of God. I didn't think that the blue-skinned mutant had it in him. It's been two years now that Kurt had been workin' at this church. It looked big and all, and it was no wonder that the people would love to come here. Like I've said before, I ain't that religious. Probably, because I didn't believe in somethin' that isn't there, or the fact that I've killed lotta people. The first time when I came here to meet Kurt, he had told me that it wasn't too late fer me to back out, just like Kurt had done it before. Since he worked with the X-Men fer quite a long time, he killed a mutant villain, and fer that reason, he decided to quit the team. Kurt neva wanted to experience that sorta thing again. He realized that some day, he would want to become a priest. But the only problem was that nobody in the church knew what Kurt really was. He had to hide his demonic appearance, just by drinkin' the serum, which had been developed by Hank McCoy, also known as Beast. Yea... It was the hardest decision that Kurt would ever done so far. But now, he seemed to be doin' okay.

It was almost closing time, when a woman had just walked inside the church, and then went to the confessional booth. This is where things can get a little private if ya ask me. I could hear things comin' from the booth itself. I might as well stay outside and wait fer the confession to be over. But I just wanna say hi to Kurt and leave. I didn't come here to tell confessions of my so-called crimes, if that's what God thinks. But I was savin' the world and all. At least, that was the good part. The only bad part was revenge, and Romulus had always been playin' on my mind lately, ever since that b@$t@rd, William Stryker told me who was pullin' the strings on Project X in the first place. After seein' Romulus in that dream, I thought he was real. And yea... I really wanted to kill him that bad. It was the only thing that I wanted to do, and then maybe I could rest fer a while. Probably, I would go back to my birthplace, Alberta and settle a new life there. As fer Dom, I don't think she would need a new peaceful life when everythin's over, but if she's lucky enough to stay with me, then I would be happy.

"Father," the woman said inside the booth. "Please forgive me for I have sinned."

On the opposite side of the booth, Kurt said, "What is it, my dear child? Do not worry. You can tell me."

The woman hesitated fer the moment. I could see through the holes from the booth, but then again what do I know? I just had to sit on the wooden bench, until its done.

"Father, I have slept with a man, whom I barely knew. I know it's wrong. But he was..." She paused and then continued, "He was nice to me. Because my husband had been abusive to me, whenever he comes from work. I did not know what to do."

There was a moment of silence. Then Kurt replied, "My child, you should know that a man can act nice in so many ways. But just because a man had treated you nice, would you want to sleep with him? If you were in love with this man, I would say it is still a sin, no matter what. On the other hand, your husband had been treating you badly. For that you should either call the police or someone else that you know of. These things can take time to fall in love with another man if one does not change his ways, and I am talking about your first husband, my child. Do you understand?" The woman replied, "Yes... I understand, Father." Kurt nodded. "Is there anything else that you want to tell me?" The woman shook her head. "No, Father. That is all I want to tell you." Kurt said, "May God bless you." The woman said it back, and came outta the confessional booth. She stared at me fer a few seconds and then left. Reverend Kurt Wagner finally came outta the booth. When he saw me, sittin' on the bench, he smiled.

"Ah, Logan. It is good to see you again. What brings you here?"

I smiled back at him. "Just wanna see how you're doin'."

"Have you come here for your confession? It is not too late."

I sighed and and didn't say anythin' further. It's times like this that I wished I could get rid of my hate of what Romulus did to me. But then again, who knows when I could make that happen.

"I have heard news about your son named Daken. It seems to me that revenge does run in the family. Because of your true enemy that lies ahead of you. Is it true of what I say?"

"You're right, Kurt. But what I can tell ya? I just wanna finish him off and..." I paused, and looked at the cross of Jesus Christ, and realized that I was in a a holy place. What the hell was I thinkin'? "Um... I'm sorry, bub. I shouldn't have said that."

"It is forgiven, my dear friend. I know your type. But I hope one day, you would change your ways. Just like I did."

"Yea... I know." I got up from the bench, and stood in front of him. "How long you're been takin' the serum?"

Kurt sighed and stared at the cross. "Not too long. But the serum keeps wearing off. For that, I had to take it daily. I pray that my human form would stay like this. I have a job to do here. These people needed me."

"But nobody knows what you are."

"Yes, Logan." Kurt looked back at me. "But I know that I have been deceiving these people, despite my good intentions. I know God will forgive me for it. I guess I'm not the only sinner here in church. But we're all sinners, no matter what we do in life. You heard the woman's story of abuse?"

"Yea... I heard that one. I sat here, waitin' fer you."

Yes, I know that. The moment you walked in, I knew you wanted to see me. Because you wanted to know if I'm doing fine. Let me tell you that both humans and mutants are not perfect, my dear friend. We tried to live according to the code here, but that code is written in the Bible itself. Most unbelievers in this world have not seen the truth of God's word. And I do hope you understand that. But what I'm going through..." He paused, and began to sweat all over. He saw his hand transformin' back into his true form. "Dear Lord... I need the serum. Quick... I..." He began to faint until I caught him.

"Kurt... You okay? Where's the serum?"

"It's... It's in the... study room. I've kept it hidden from the other priests. If they find out... Ah!"

"Kurt! Just hang in there. Here... Lemme help you." Kurt shook his head. "No... that will not be necessary. I'll just teleport myself and..."

"Come on, Kurt. You're in no condition to teleport. Remember what Hank said earlier? The side effects..."

"Yes... I know that." Kurt sighed and looked at the study beyond the benches on the right. "The serum is at the top shelf of my cabinet." I nodded at him, and went back to the study. The key was placed on the wooden table. I took it, and opened the cabinet. The vials of white liquid were placed at the top shelf. I grabbed one of 'em, and locked it. Then I head back to Kurt immediately. He raised his other human hand. "Here... give it to me." I gave the serum to him, and then he drank it in one gulp. His three-fingered hand began to transform back into his human one. Jesus Christ! How often that Kurt should be doin' this? He just looked at me and smiled.

"Do not worry, Logan. I will be fine. God is with me."

"Heh. You're tellin' me, bub. I guess you're wishin' that you could tell the public about yer true form."

"Yes, I have always wanted to do that. But can you imagine how my people will react to my true appearance? It is insane. I know this very well. Perhaps, I was mistaken of becoming a priest."

"No, Kurt. You did the right thing."

Kurt smiled at me again, and stood up straight. "Well now... I must go home and take some rest. May God bless you, Logan."

"You too, Kurt. I'll see ya later."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere deep inside the abandoned church, the members of the Christian group known as the Purifiers, have entered the Lazarus Chamber. One leader of the group named Matthew Risman stared at the old coffin, lying on the ground before him. He could feel the presence of a human being, who had been dead for too long. And yet, the other priests have not been patient about it. Yes, Matthew have noticed it very well, and he reminded them time and time again that the one, who will lead them into the Light will come forth and save the human race from salvation. The resurrection of one man could prove the end of the mutant race. Now, all they had to do was wait for that man to wake up.

"Our Holy Father," Matthew started chanting his prayer. "Hear thy name for we shall serve humanity at your utmost high and triumph. Let the person before us, awaken thee O Lord. Help us to grant our strength to save those in need, and perish for those who are evil. Our Father in Heaven. Hear thy name. Hear our prayers. For we shall wipe the evil ones for all eternity. HEAR US O LORD! AMEN!"

The other priests have also chanted the same prayer, and cried out in unison. "AMEN!" Then everything went quiet. The lid of the coffin opened slightly, and a hand came out. The others watched in wonder and Matthew thought,Yes, it's finally happening. He had been waiting for this very moment, ever since he and the other Purifiers have tried to vanquish the abominations on Earth. He felt like he wanted to cry, and knelt down before the new leader of the group. The man opened his eyes, and got up slowly. The resurrection was complete. But there were still lines of decayed skin on the human being himself, as if he were still dead. It was no matter for the Purifiers, especially for Matthew Risman. He has finally returned from the dead.

Matthew smiled at the dead figure. "Welcome back, William Stryker."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 91- The Purifiers, Part 1.

Holy $h!t! Stryker is alive? What does this mean for Logan and the other mutants? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I ain't likin' this one bit. SNIKT!