Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 88- Bad Dreams

Dom and I have searched all the floors from top to bottom. It looked like the skinless mutant wasn't here after all. But then Nick wouldn't lie to us about it. Several naked men and women were havin' sex either on the floor or the stairs. It was like a dream come true. Dom and I were the only ones who were fully clothed as we walked around, still searchin'. I could smell the sweat off their skin. It wasn't like anythin' that I've seen before. Or smelled it either. Dom made a face as if she was disgusted by the sight of it. Luckily, we managed to open each door as if these tourists allowed us to see what they were doin'. There was one fat guy beatin' up a woman, who got tied up from the ceilin' and she was blind-folded. At the same time, the guy was eatin' a doughnut. I looked all over the place. Dom said, "Logan, we can't find him. Let's get out of here." I nodded at her. Then, we came to a halt when the hallway was stretchin' out like crazy. Someone musta been causin' this. Either it was a mutant, who caused it or it was just a dream.

We walked downstairs and saw a young couple still goin' on at each other after we passed them like about five minutes ago. Christ! They looked like there were desperate enough to do somethin' like this. Probably each of their parents used to keep an eye on them after college hours. Who knows? We kept goin' downstairs since the elevator didn't work well. So, we figured that we could take the stairs, up and down. Everywhere we go, we could see someone makin' out with each other, either alone or in a group.

We heard some shots, and we didn't know who it was or where it was comin' from. There was a guy standin' there, right in front of us. He looked big and strong, and I thought I must be seein' things. It couldn't be true because there was no way that he could be here. It was Romulus.

"Hello, Logan... I have been waiting for you." Even Dom looked at him, and she asked me who it was. I told her this was the guy who gave me the healin' factor when I was young at the time, and not to mention that I was forced to become part of Project X, turnin' me into a weapon, and then killin' lotta people out there. It couldn't be real, but somewhere in my gut, I knew somethin' was goin' on here. I unleashed my adamantium claws and rushed towards the big, feral mutant. I slashed him, several times. Blood spilled on the floor. But it kept healin' at the moment. Dom cried out, "Logan... He's not real." Her voice seemed so far away that I just ignored her, and keep slashin' Romulus over and over again.

Romulus laughed so loud that he beat me up. I fell down on the floor. I got up and kept slashin' him. This guy wouldn't stop. Dom kept callin' out to me.

"LOGAAAAN! HE'S NOT REEEEAL!" It was a deep voice, stretchin' out forward and I couldn't help concentratin' because Romulus was still here, and smirked at the idea that I couldn't beat him. Again, there were those shots. It was the soldiers of Project X. They were comin' after me.

"There he is!" One of the soldiers said. "Kill him!" They kept firin' the bullets at me. It had been such a long time that I had to kill them, while I tried to escape from the Project X facility. All those painful memories bein' there and all. And those damn eggheads...

"WRAAAAAAAHH!" I slashed these soldiers, who wouldn't give up killin' me or die tryin'. It had to be real. Dom shouted at me somewhere. But I don't know where. I cried out to her, and told her to shoot these damn b@$t@rd$. But she didn't listen to me. She was still far away, and yet I could hear her.

"DAMN YOU! ROMULUS! I'LL KILL YA FER WHAT YA DID TO ME! WRAAAAAA!" Blood spilled all over the walls and the floor itself. Hands and legs were torn off. Soldiers screamin' out loud and the man behind it, who led them to find me, was none other than William Stryker himself.

"Stryker!" I called out to him angrily. I knew that I've killed him before. It wasn't possible that he could still be alive. Maybe, Dom was right. Maybe, all of this $h!t isn't real. I was just dreamin' and...

"WRAAAAAAAAAAOOOH!"

I woke up from the bed, sweatin' all over. It was a damn nightmare. Dom got up as well. We were both naked, and had fallen asleep, when we started havin' the bad dream. "Jesus Christ!" Dom said. "What was that all about?" I shook my head, tryin' to remember the details of the dream. "Don't know, Dom. But I'm guessin' that... Hey! What are we doin' in bed? Aren't we supposed to..." But then Dom took out a gun and shot me. I froze, thinkin' what the hell she did to me. This also couldn't be real.

"Dom... What..." I looked at myself, blood pourin' down my chest. I know that Dom shot me with some carbonadium bullets. I closed my eyes, and then woke up in a familiar place where I used to live in Alberta. It was such a nice place where my parents and I used to live together. It was quiet and peaceful until one day somethin' had happened. I was turnin' into some kinda wild animal, and fer that, my father hit me for causin' lotta racket in the house.

"Son... I wish you hadn't existed. Whatever you are, I'll teach you a lesson." He kept hittin' me when my mother tried to stop him. But he shoved her away, and my mother fell down on the floor. As a teenager, I used to think that I was a normal human bein' just like everyone else. But there were times, that my sharp nails were grown and my senses became heightened that I wasn't really sure what I was. Then I remembered doin' somethin' to my father fer the very first time. I slashed his face with my sharpest nails that anyone else could have. He was terrified of what I've done to him. I snarled at him like a wild animal, and my sharp teeth were shown, and this have terrified my mother as well.

"WRAAAAAAAAAAOOOH!"

I woke up, and found myself bein' strapped on some chair. I saw Dom fallin' sleep. I didn't know where I was. But I'm guessin' this was the place where all our crazy dreams had started, and this time there was a woman smilin' at us. She approached us from the dark. I asked her, "Who... Who are ya?"

"I'm the Beautiful Dreamer. I can give you dreams that you have not imagined before."

"Stop doin' this, bi***. You hear me?" Since when Dom and I got strapped in this dark place? Then I've realized somethin' else. Those drinks we had... $h!t! I could see the dim lights above us, but I couldn't tell the exact details of this place. It looked like one of those rooms that this... Beautiful Dreamer was in. But I still couldn't tell. I called out Dom to wake up. But she couldn't. She was probably havin' those bad dreams just like I did, but this time, it might have been different.

"Stop resisting, Logan. It is pointless." There was that voice, which came from the dark. I saw him, standin' there and showin' his exposed muscles. Yep. There he was, the skinless mutant smilin' at me.

"You shouldn't have come here. I came to this place to hide myself. But you have interfered that much."

"You killed lotta women, ya dumb $h!t! Can't help it. You know that?"

"I see. You are a wild animal, after all. I have joined Project X to cover myself with new skin, so I could become a normal man."

"Well, bub. You're outta luck. Seems that you can't hold it much longer."

"Shut up!" He looked at the Beautiful Dreamer angrily. "Finish them." The he left us. The woman came closer towards me and I struggled to escape. I ain't gonna go back there, whateva she was doin' to me.

"WRAAAHH!" I managed to remove the hard straps with my berserk strength, and slashed her chest. The Beautiful Dreamer screamed in pain, and then fell down on the floor. I went closer to Dom. "Dom... Snap out of it DOM!" I slapped her twice. A few seconds later, she woke up and shook her head. "Where... Where am I?" I looked at her and then at the Beautiful Dreamer. "No time to explain. We must get Harry and fast." Dom nodded. We both went after him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky stood outside the hotel, wondering if his mother was still alive and well. For him, it probably didn't matter because the 45-year old woman was dying anyways. After all, Ricky needed the money to start a new life. He felt that his criminal gig was about to be over. But he figured that the Skinless Man wouldn't allow him to do so. In fact, Ricky had what it takes to be a good criminal back then, since he had started as a young kid. But he did serve some time at the juvenile prison, and then got freed, which made his mother thought that he could get a second chance in life. But it didn't turn out well enough to change things around. Ricky had the guts to steal the goods again. Time and time again, Ricky would join the robbing squad and get the money that they deserved until then he found out his mother was dying from lung cancer.

But Ricky didn't have murder in mind after he and the other henchman were hired by none other than the powerful lawyer, Harry Pizer. Ricky never thought he could help dispose the female bodies onto the river. Even after the news came out, they decided to take those bodies away and then dumped them on some waste yard, where nobody could find them. Ricky thought, I hope nobody finds them. Jesus Christ! What the hell am I doing? This is all wrong! He just stood there, smoking his cigarette until the other henchman joined him. The guy's name was Sticks. Yes, people called him Sticks because he looked like a stick. Ricky wondered how the hell he would be able to carry a human body like that with his bare hands. He must be a mutant too, Ricky thought. Who knows? Ricky have seen the strangest things in life that he could barely laugh at. Wait till the homies hear about this. Or maybe, I shouldn't tell them. They probably laugh at me just like always. Sticks offered a slice of cake, which he got it from the hotel. But Ricky shook his head. The thin-looking crook shrugged and ate it. "You should have seen those naked ladies back there. I got so horny that I had to put my stick on them." Ricky figured that the thin criminal made a dirty joke, but he didn't laugh.

"I ain't interested in that kind of stuff, Sticks. Besides, my Mamma used to tell me these ladies liked to do their thing, and I have to shove my stick in my pants. You dig?"

Sticks laughed at that joke. "You sure are strange, Ricky. I don't know what to tell you."

"Strange?" Ricky was surprised to hear that. "I've seen stranger things in my life, Sticks. There's no doubt about that."

"You mean the Skinless Man."

The black crook became quiet after Sticks mentioned his name. "Yeah... Him..."

"Look, Ricky." He looked all over the place, making sure that not even the Skinless Man was around to hear it. But Ricky knew that the mutant himself wouldn't dare to come outside with his ghastly appearance. Sticks continued in silent conversation. "The guy is nuts. Okay? I'm only in for the money, just like you. So... yeah."

"Yeah, man. I get you loud and clear. But lemme you ask something. Okay? Are you..." He paused, wondering whether he should ask the right question at this very moment. He sighed and continued asking anyways. "Are you a mutant?"

Sticks looked at the black crook strangely. "What makes you think that?"

"Well, I don't know. I saw you carrying those two bodies like a piece of empty sacks, man. I just figured you're one of them."

"I see. Well... I hate to tell you the truth. But I am one of them. Wanna see?"

"Um... sure." Sticks flicked his cigarette away, and picked up a small rock. He crushed it.

Jesus Christ! Ricky thought, and couldn't believe it. This guy is strong. I guess there's that old saying goes, "Looks can be deceiving." Yes, it was true alright. Sticks was one of them.

"I don't get it. If you can carry all those bodies by yourself, why does Harry need me?"

Sticks shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe, he feels pity for you. Who knows?"

At the sound of that, Ricky just thought of his dying mother. He didn't know what else to say about it.

"Anyways... You're not afraid of me. Are you, Ricky? Now that you know what I am."

"You?" Ricky laughed out loud as if it was a big joke. "No, man. I... Well, I should be afraid... But... Yeah." There was a beeping sound, coming from his phone. Even Sticks had received it. He smiled. "Well, what do you know? It looks we have another victim on our hands."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 89- Pleasure and Pain.

Will Dom and Logan defeat the skinless mutant? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I'll kill that skinless b@$t@rd. SNIKT!