Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10

After I landed down on the small town, I could smell trouble comin' from the people, who had cried out fer help. I'm thinkin' it was that double of mine, who did somethin' to them. I had to be careful about this one because if these people saw me, then they would think I was the person who killed a bunch of hoodlums. I could hear the police sirens comin' nearby. I hid myself from plain sight. Damn it! Where the hell is that guy? He may be hidin' himself or the fact remains clear that he had somethin' goin on here. Maybe, he's lookin' fer somethin' and I didn't know what.

I contacted Nick to see if he can spot my double in this small town. He said that he couldn't find him. So, I'll have to search fer him on my own. Everyone panicked that the hoodlums were brutally killed. I could smell the weed though. Some guys sure liked to take the white stuff, which made them feel good. But not me. I liked to get drunk sometimes. Anyways, I went forward like a hidden rat, and hopin' that nobody could catch me. These days, the people here would do anythin' to protect themselves, especially the ones who used to get in trouble.

When I came closer to a small store, I heard that some guy was workin' here, who goes by the name of Paul Norbert Ebersol. Yea, this was the guy, who liked to fix things for people, who brought electronic appliances from other stores. In fact, I've heard that he used to be a big-time criminal, until he laid low and found a shop for himself. It was called Fixer Electronics. How funny was that? I must be thinkin' that my double had went inside there, tryin' to fix that broken, cybernetic arm of his. He must be really lucky to find him there, and as luck would have it, I'm gonna slash my double into a pile of $h!t.

I went inside the store, and saw the guy standin' there, helpin' a customer. Paul looked at me, and then seemed to recognize me. He said, "Can I help you?" I said, "Yea, I'm lookin' fer myself. You can help me with that?" The black guy had a slight beard towards his chin, which made him look like a devil. And he was quite bald if ya ask me. He told the customer to come back later, and approached me. He said, "I know you, Logan. You came to look for trouble? Why don't you go somewhere else and find it? Eh?" I shook my head. "You still haven't changed, Paulie. I said that I came here to look fer myself. Or let's put it this way... My double. Have you seen him lately?" Paulie laughed a bit. "You're here. No doubt about that. But I have no idea what you're talking about." I held his shirt closer towards me. "Listen pal. I don't have time fer this. If you could tell me where..." I stopped, lookin' back at the figure who just appeared outta nowhere because I could smell him right here, knowin' that it was me all along. But he wasn't really here. He was invisible. The Fixer looked at me and smiled, "It looks like you're too late, Logan. Your double or whoever he is, wanted his arm fixed." I punched him on the face and cried at the invisible enemy, "Alright pal, Show yerself!" The Winter Soldier deactivated the stealth mode and stood there. Jesus Christ! Nick Fury was right about him. He looked exactly like me. Only the difference was that he had the metallic arm, which probably perform certain abilities as much as Bucky woulda done. I said, "So... you're the one who killed Natasha and the others?" The Winter Soldier didn't say anythin' to me. He just smiled, and said, "I have neva thought to meet ya, Mister Logan." Great! My own double was callin' my own name, and yet this guy didn't know who he was. Not to mention his Russian accent. It was so strange to see him this way. i cried out in anger, and rushed towards him, unleashin' my adamantium claws. He also did the same, but only from his right. We slashed each other, and I could feel the pain as I kept doin' it. This Soviet version of me was tough. I had no idea that he could do somethin' more than Bucky would do. I asked him, "Who created you? Where you're from?" All these questions were necessary enough that I needed to know whom I'm dealin' with here. I asked him again, but he still wouldn't answer me.

"TELL ME! YA B@$T@RD!" I punched him on the face several times, and The Winter Soldier punched me back. It was so painful like the last time that I had fought Bucky along with Cap. But only this time, I'm fightin' myself. All those former test subjects that this new version of the Winter Soldier had killed, it makes me wonder who would do such a thing. Was Project X also behind it? Because I can tell that this guy also had the adamantium bonded to his skeleton. Christ! These eggheads neva learn.

While I was fightin' him, the Winter Soldier teleported all of a sudden, and then came behind me. He slashed my back. "WRAAAAGGH!" I turned around, and he vanished again. I could see some people outside, probably waitin' to get their gadgets fixed by the Fixer. They ran away, and one of them called the police. Great! I have to somehow stop this double lunatic before anyone else could get hurt, and not to mention that I could get in trouble fer killin' the hoodlums when my double had fallen down from the sky. That Scott sure knows how to do his stuff.

The Winter Soldier punched me again. Then he activated somethin' from his bionic arm, and electrocuted me, just like Bucky did to me before.

"WRAAAAAAAAAHHH!"

The Winter Soldier said, "I will only tell you once, bub. You do not interfer with my mission. I have my orders." He just stood there, while I tried to get up. Then he activated somethin' else, which I couldn't tell. But nothin' happened. He said, "What the hell? What has happened to my arm?" He looked towards the Fixer angrily. "Why my arm is not workin'?" The Fixer shook his head. "I told you, man. I needed time to fix it. You just wanted to speed things up." The Russian version of Wolverine held his shirt closer to him. "You are a fool, Mister Ebersol. I have a mission, and I need my arm fixed. Do you hear me?" The Fixer sighed at him. "Come on man. Just let me go. Okay? I have other customers to deal with." The police have finally arrived to the store, and the four cops came outta their cars. One of them cried out, "THIS IS THE POLICE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP! RIGHT NOW!" The Fixer chuckled a bit. "You see, man. You both are fuc**** surrounded. There's no way in hell..." The Winter Soldier stopped him by punchin' his face. He looked down at me, and then walked towards the entrance of the store. Christ! I was still recoverin' from the electric shock. One of these days, I'm gonna teach these Winter Soldiers a damn lesson.

The Winter Soldier took out a familiar weapon, and I got up slowly from the floor. I cried out to the police. "WATCH OUT!" But they didn't listen to me. One of them said, "Jesus Christ! He has a gun. TAKE COVER!" But it wasn't just an ordinary gun. He shot a single round at the ground, and then it exploded like hell. Other people were screamin' at the sight of it. I ran towards myself, and slashed him a couple of times at the back. He cried out in pain. I told him to stop doin' this $h!t! But he wouldn't listen to me. He punched me on the face again, and then on the gut. Then I punched him back. He smirked. "Do you know that I have killed your dear wife, Mister Logan?" I stopped when I was about to slash him again.

"That is right, Mister Logan," The Winter Soldier said to me. "I had my orders. Your wife was a beautiful woman. I am sorry to say that I had to kill her." I couldn't believe it. This guy... He was the one who killed Itsu. I growled in anger, and kept slashin' him, over and over again.

"WRAAAAAAAOOH!" I punched him on the face, and held his throat, chockin' him. Then a voice shouted behind me, "Logan! Stop it!" It was Steve's voice. I looked back and stared at him. He wasn't the only one, who just arrived to stop me from killin' myself. There were several D.A.G.G.E.R. agents pointin' their weapons at us. I looked at my double angrily. Steve said, "Listen Logan... I know how you feel, but you can't kill him. Nick said that we have to capture him." There was a moment of silence. Then I let my double go. One of the D.A.G.G.E.R. agents shot myself with some kind of electric bullet. The Winter Soldier shook so violently that he passed out.

I walked towards Steve, who still wore the Cap suit. He said, "I just got back from my mission. Nothing big until I've heard about what happened. Are you alright?" I looked back at my double and said, "No, Steve. I ain't fine." Steve sighed and looked at my unconscious double. "Look... I get it. Okay? We'll find out soon enough of what's really going on. This is the only way to handle things. You can't kill him because..." He paused and I knew what he was gonna say next. "I know, bub. He was brainwashed just like Bucky and me. Ain't that right?" Steve sighed again. He looked at the explosion, and then at Fixer Electronics. He said, "Come on, pal. Just get out of here before things get more worse. I'll take it from here." I nodded at him and left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in the World, Romulus had watched the current events from several computer screens. His plan worked quite well, but the only problem was that the Soviet version of Wolverine had failed to kill Colossus. He thought, It doesn't matter. I'll take care of the rest. He wondered if he could use the Winter Soldier any further after killing the last test subject of Soviet X. He went back to his seat, and a figure stood there somewhere near him. He said, "Master Romulus, I've found the mutant named Irene Adler. She currently lives in a retirement home."

Romulus turned towards the golden-skinned mutant and smiled. "Good work, Josh. I knew I could count on you."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 81- Daken's Revenge, Part 1.

Holy crap! Elixir is the traitor? What's going on here? Now that Wolverine's double has been captured by D.A.G.G.E.R., what will happen next? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I can't still believe my double killed Itsu. SNIKT!