Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

Note- For related information, check out this chapter.

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 100- Romulus.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/project-x-the-birth-of-wolverine-chapter-100-romul-657046/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 77- The Winter Soldier, Part 7

Location- Germany

Year- 1944 A.D.

Near the end of World War 2, Bucky Barnes had been shot dead several times while trying to find his best friend, Steve Rogers also known as Captain America. But the truth was that Bucky had survived due to the life support, when the Russian soldiers have found him partly alive. From there, they have decided to take him to a government program called Soviet X. A couple of Russian doctors have been tasked in keeping Bucky alive after severing his injured arm. It was the shots that struck his arm badly, and that Bucky was losing an amount of blood. The doctors couldn't believe it. They thought Bucky would die eventually after been attacked by the Germans. But a Russian soldier had said that he felt a pulse.

So Bucky Barnes was currently placed in life support for at least five days now. The doctors have checked the monitors daily, hoping that the American soldier would stay alive. The Russian military general have ordered the scientists to create a new version of Captain America, one that can provide stealth alone and kill enemy targets without notice. But the fact remained clear that Bucky was almost close to death, when his vital signs had been dropped. For a while there, it was flat-lined and then it came back up when a doctor revived him impatiently. They felt relieved that Bucky's vital signs came back to normal. Now all they had to do was wait for him to wake up. But first, they needed Professor Rodchenko to perform an experiment that would allow their test subject to become the first Winter Soldier. The Winter Soldier project had been planned by Professor Rodchencko and his team of scientists from the very start after Soviet X came into existence. Based on Bucky's physique and attributes of a tough soldier, they can reprogram him into a perfect killing machine. Nobody could stop him. Probably, not even Captain America himself. But the general had said that Bucky Barnes would not remember his past. All of his precious memories will be wiped away clean as if they have never existed.

After Bucky was hospitalized for at least a week, the scientists began the procedure of their experiment. They implanted a command sequence into his brain, so that Bucky can obey orders, coming either from the general himself or the staff of Soviet X. Then they had a cybernetic arm replacement for him, one that can perform certain tasks other than punching enemies to death. All was complete. Now only one thing left to do was to place Bucky in training mode, and see if he was good at it. So far, Bucky had successfully obeyed the orders, and eliminated certain targets that were holographically projected in the training room. He was the best. And the general became very happy about it.

Now that Bucky had completed his training, he was sent to assassinate the famous, political figures in American history. Not to mention, the crime lords who were connected to some of them. He had killed so many people and at the same time, Bucky didn't even hesitate, unlike the other Winter Soldiers. His orders were strictly clear. There were no memories of an American soldier that existed within the lifeless shell of the Winter Soldier. He was a fearless assassin, nothing more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location- Germany

Year- 1944 A.D.

I was outnumbered by the Germans. I couldn't tell whether I was dead or alive. But then I remembered somethin' else. My arm got torn off when some army tank blasted it off, while attackin' the Germans from plain sight. They were everywhere, and that I couldn't keep up with 'em. Ever since Cap and Bucky have managed to battle the Germans hand-to-hand, I was sent on a separate mission to kill the remainin' Germans. Yea... That was it. But it had been a tough mission alright. I couldn't remember which division it was, but I was part of it. I shot the Germans and then fought them physically. But now that I found myself with a missing left arm. I just realized that I was about to pass out and then die. I know that I couldn't die because I have the healin' factor within me. I could move a little, but the pain was still there. A German soldier just noticed that I was still alive, so he walked slowly towards me. But then, a soldier who spoke in Russian have shot him on the head. I was relieved that the Russian soldier came to the rescue. He had his army of the other Russian soldiers to help him out. But they have come here fer a different reason. I knew the look on their faces, and yet I couldn't even tell. I was in lotta pain. There was too much blood bein' lost. The Russian soldier who helped me, called out to his men and take me along with them. I didn't know where they were takin' me. But somethin' tells me that it ain't pretty.

After a couple of hours later, I found myself in life support. I didn't know where I was or how I got here. But then I remembered that I was shot by the Germans, and an army tank who shot a blast at my teammates, and then blasted my left arm. I turned my head slowly and noticed the arm was missin'. Great! I don't know how I could be useful nowadays, unless they have some sorta replacement that Steve Rogers had mentioned about. He did mention that certain programs like Project X or Project Rebirth have the technology to replace lost limbs. How did he know all that info was beyond me. Anyways, I tried to get up slowly, but one doctor had stopped me. He injected me with some kinda liquid, and I was passed out.

Then I found myself inside some glass tank with the metallic arm replacement. I wondered when those eggheads had replaced it. Probably, when I've passed out or somethin'. Yea, that could be it. I could see a group of men, most of them were eggheads and some of them were the military men of the Russian army. One scientist said somethin' in Russian. I couldn't hear it though. I wished that I knew what was goin' on here. I just wanna get outta here. What are they doin' to me?

Then somethin' got injected inside my body. I didn't know what it was. It felt so heavy and painful that I screamed out loud like a wild animal. Then I passed out again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Winter Soldier have killed a lot of people in holographic form. As a result, the scientists were too happy about their experiment. After Logan lost his left arm, a Russian scientist developed a cybernetic arm that allowed the healing mutant to perform other tasks. And not to mention that they have bonded the adamantium to his skeleton. A member of Project X who turned out to be an American scientist had suggested this idea, and that the Soviet X program was willing to put it to the test. They had their own version of Captain America at their disposal. Logan had been brainwashed to kill the famous, political figures over the years. It was this time that Romulus decided to access this alternate reality by using the M’Kraan Crystal that he had found beneath the Celestial ship. So that he could hire this version of Wolverine to eliminate the former test subjects of Soviet X from his world. Out of all the alternate realities that Romulus had visited earlier, he was able to find the perfect assassin under his grasp. Romulus smiled at the thought, and approached Professor Rodchenko secretly. The scientist turned back towards the feral mutant and said, "Oh... you are here."

"Yes, I'm here," Romulus spoke back in Russian. "Is the experiment successful?" The scientist turned towards his test subject and said, "Yes, it is. But we will have to do more tests, just to make sure. He has been recalling his past lately. Only until then, you can have him. I promise you this." Romulus looked at the test subject and said, "Good. Once you're done, tell the general to send his men to shoot Bucky on sight. Wherever he is. You will have your version of Winter Soldier in this world." The scientist looked at him confused and said, "You mean... Bucky Barnes, the former American soldier? Why him?" Romulus laughed a bit and said, "Trust me on this one, Professor Rodchenko. You will find out soon enough."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 78- The Winter Soldier, Part 8.

Now you know how Logan became the Winter Soldier. What will happen next when the X-Men battles the Soviet version of Wolverine? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. That ain't me, bub. SNIKT!