Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

Note- This story takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Deadpool versus Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 60- Magneto, Part 10

Detective Thomas Kane appeared at the cemetery to visit his dead wife. It had been five years now that he had lost his wife, due to the mutant known as Snake, who can hypnotize both humans and mutants to do his own bidding. If Thomas had ever find him, he would surely kill him at first sight, even if it means that could ruin his career. His boss never wanted that. After all, Thomas was a good cop.

Ben Urich also arrived at the cemetery. He said, "You miss her a lot. Don't you?" Thomas turned around and saw the Daily Bugle reporter.

"Don't worry," Ben said. "I didn't come here to look for answers to the Cut-Throat Murders, if that's what you're thinking."

"No, Ben. That's fine. I was just going to go. But yeah, I do miss her." Thomas looked at his wife's grave again, and left. He and Ben walked together across the cemetery.

"So what did you find?" Thomas said. Ben looked up at the sky. He was glad that it wasn't raining anymore. Even though, it turned out to be a beautiful day, it was still cold outside. He said, "Well, I still don't have any leads. I've tried everything else that I could think of. Heck, I've also tried to ask people around the block if they had seen anything strange out of the blue, just in case. You know. But it still doesn't make sense, does it?"

"No, it doesn't," Thomas said. "But I know what you mean. It can be frustrating, sometimes."

"Tell me about it." When they both came outside the cemetery, Ben sat down on the side bench. He said, "By the way, how's Sandra doing?"

Thomas also sat down and said, "She's doing fine. She just went off on a vacation to Peru."

Ben looked at the police detective, confused and then realized something about it. "Oh, I see. She went to investigate the dagger that she keeps seeing in the past. Yeah, I know about that one. I've even asked her about it."

Thomas looked at the reporter and said, "What else did you ask?"

"Well..." Ben looked at the city and said, "I've also asked her if she had seen the real killer. But she still said no."

"Yeah, I figured." Thomas closed his eyes, and tried to think. "Look Ben... I..." There was a beeping sound, coming from his phone. He took it from the side of his pocket. Flipping it, he read the message.

I know who did it.

"Jesus Christ!" Thomas said, getting up, and still looking at the only message, which had been sent from Sandra Weirs. Ben also got up, and said, "Thomas... What's wrong?"

Thomas became quiet for a minute, and then said, "Look Ben... I've got to go to the precinct and call her. I'll let you know if anything comes up. Okay?"

"Um... Okay? Sure, Thomas. You have my number. Call me." Thomas nodded and ran away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came back to the crappy hotel room, and noticed that Dom was gone. She left the note, sayin' that she had important things to do. Well, I guess I couldn't blame her. At least, she told me beforehand that she was goin' on a personal mission, which has somethin' to do with Project Armageddon. I've heard it was quite similar to Project X, but not entirely. She had to go there immediately. Besides, it had nothin' to do with Nick Fury on his part. So I'll have to remind him later about it.

I went to the fridge, and opened it. There was a single beer left. At this point, it was too early to drink. But who cares? I took the last beer, and came to the table, and sat down on a chair. There was a remote on the table, so I took it, and switch the TV on. An Asian reporter was seen outside, standin' near the Senate building. She said,

"This just in. Senator Craig Hollis is going to sign the Mutant Registration Act tomorrow at 10:00 am. As everyone knows this, there are mutants who would go against this act at this very latest development. Mr. Hollis, what are your thoughts of this act? Are you excited?" Craig Hollis smiled and said, "Yes, Miss Yen. I'm very excited for this event. This is the moment that everyone is waiting for. I'm aware that mutants needed legal rights and freedom to do what they want. So by signing the act, I'm giving them the opportunity to do so." Cameras were flashin' on his face. Miss Yen said, "But Mr. Hollis... There are mutants who would go against it, knowing that they could be restrained under strict conditions. Aren't you afraid that some of them might attack you at a certain level?" Craig said, "As you can see, Miss Yen, I'm not afraid of them anymore than you do, now that Magneto is out of the picture. That will be all." Craig tried to squeeze in between the crowd of reporters and photographers, just to get outta their hairs. He was also being surrounded by bodyguards for protection. Then a male reporter kept cryin' out, "Mr. Hollis! Mr. Hollis! I have a question. Did Magneto try to kill you? I heard he came to your hotel room a few days ago. Is this true?" Craig Hollis ignored him, and went inside the limo.

Hmm... This wasn't a surprise at all. Erik would go to great lengths in order to stop Craig from signin' the damn act. But what I wanna know is how the hell that reporter knew the information? Beats me.

The camera turned back towards Miss Yen. "So there you have it folks. Senator Craig Hollis..." I switched off the TV and drank the beer. I just thought of somethin' that Ben had told me earlier when he had followed me the previous night. He said that he had tried to find the real killer behind the Cut-Throat Murders. Just recently, before I came back to the hotel room, I decided to walk to the crime scene, and see if I could smell some clues. Unfortunately, there wasn't any of 'em. But the strange thing was that I couldn't smell the real killer. Whoever he was, he must be really good, hidin' himself. He might have been a mutant for all I know. Or he could be somethin' else entirely. Anyways, I did smell blood all over the place, and the poor bum, who was killed by the crazy lunatic. And then there was this other bum, who seemed to be sleepin' at the time of the murder. Oh well, I might as well forget about it, and led the police handle the job. If I know anythin' about these murders, I'll let Ben...

A phone was ringin' across the bedroom. I wonder who it is. I went there, and grabbed it. "Yea?"

"Logan?" A familiar voice on the other end of the line, said. "This is Ben Urich speaking."

"What the hell?" I said with a surprise. "How did ya get this number, and know where I am?"

Ben sighed and said, "I'm a reporter, Logan. Do I have to explain this?"

"Okay, Ben," I said and sighed. "You got me. What's this about?"

"I have some good news for you. But this is going to sound strange and unbelievable. Trust me. If I tell you..."

"Look pal," I stopped him. "Just spill it out. Okay? What's the good news?"

He told me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the plastic cell, Erik sat there completely alone, and bewildered on how Scott Summers found him. All his plans were ruined. He was this close in finding the secret in solving the bizarre mutation, which grew within Angel's Blood. But now, it became hopeless. Not to mention, the entire Brotherhood organization was gone for good.

A guard just arrived to his cell. He said, "There's someone here to see you." Erik looked up at the guard. He unlocked the door, and opened it. Professor Charles Xavier arrived in his hovering chair. The guard said to the bald mutant, "I'll just wait outside. Let me know when you're done." He closed the door, and waited. Charles looked at his best friend.

"Hello Charles," Erik said. "It's been a long time."

"Yes, it is," Charles said. He looked around the cell, and said, "It's so white."

"I know," Erik said. "So, what brings you here?"

"I just came here to talk with you. I know what has happened, Erik. What I do want to know is why?"

There was a moment of silence, and Erik got up from his bed. He said, "My vision is to create a world of peace within the mutant society. That was my true goal. But I know you wouldn't accept the way that I would achieve it. Mutants are desperate, Charles. You should know this by now."

"I fear that you would do something like that," Charles said. "Perhaps, I was mistaken about you. I thought you could change, Erik. I always thought you could see the same things that I do. But I'm afraid you haven't changed a bit."

Erik smiled and said, "You haven't changed too, Charles. Do you think your dream will come true?"

Charles sighed and said, "Perhaps one day that humans will come to the acceptance of being a mutant. It's not that bad, if you look it at that way. But there are good reasons why they hate us. Our abilities proved far too dangerous for the human society to accept, and they are not willing to cooperate. I'm afraid that can be a burden to all of us. Don't you think?"

Erik thought about that. Yes, it was a burden, even the X-Men had to save humans that feared them. It was Xavier's form of philosophy. And Erik hated it.

"Look, Erik," Charles said, "I know you don't accept my way of doing things. But violence isn't the answer to our problems. If I were you, I would be terrified. By using Warren's blood, you have crossed the line, and that Scott had to find you for it."

"Yes, Charles. That student of yours. He was quite... picky."

Charles sighed again and said, "At least, he didn't kill you. Yes, you could say that I couldn't accept Logan's way of saving lives. But at least he had opened Scott's eyes. For that, I'm grateful."

"That wild animal? Hmm..."

"Anyways, I hoped you understand that I'm trying the best of my ability to overcome this matter of being a mutant. It's not that simple. I'll make every ounce of my breath to maintain the peace between humans and mutants. Even it if means my own death."

"You would do that?"

"Yes, Erik. I would definitely do it. I know it's a big risk, but I'm willing to try it."

Erik stared at the walls of the plastic cell. On the table, the food had been untouched. He said, "What about the Mutant Registration Act? What do you think?"

Charles pondered for the moment, and then said, "I have to admit that I don't like the idea of following the strict guidelines of being a mutant. But I think it's fair enough to say that we can control ourselves to a limit of acting as a normal human being. I guess there's nothing we can do about it, once Senator Craig Hollis has signed the act."

Erik wasn't surprised about this. But then he said, "You don't have to worry about that, Charles. I've killed Senator Craig Hollis."

Charles raised his eyebrow, as if he was confused and at the same time, thought when Erik has just said it without remorse. He said, "No Erik. You've tried to kill him. Again, violence is not the answer. More less likely, you would have scared him to death. But at least, he's still alive."

What?! Erik thought angrily. How the hell is Craig alive? I'm sure that I've killed him. I'm sure of it!

"What's the matter, Erik?" Charles said. Erik turned away from his best friend. "You should go now, Charles. I need some rest."

"Alright... If you need me, you can let the warden know about it. I'll come, and visit you. Goodbye, Erik." Charles Xavier went to the door, and let the guard know that he was done. The door opened, and Charles left.

Erik sat on the bed and said, "Goodbye, Charles."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 61- The Forever Man.

Okay folks! Magneto's story arc ends here. Now, we have to deal with Craig Hollis. The secret is finally out, and what can Craig do about it? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I can't believe Craig is actually the killer. SNIKT!