Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

Note- This story takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Deadpool versus Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 58- Magneto, Part 8

I gotta say that it was the biggest day of anyone's life, when someone just mentioned that a man named Senator Craig Hollis was gonna sign the Mutant Registration Act in three days time. In fact, I didn't like the sound of it. It could mean big trouble for the mutant population. I mean really big trouble. Here I was, just sittin' on the stool in front of the counter, and takin' a couple of drinks. The rainstorm has passed, and Dom was still sleepin' like a baby. I couldn't even sleep then, so I decided to head out for a late-night drink. And one person kept mumblin' about the fuc**** registration act. I didn't bother listenin' to him. But the young bartender seemed to be listenin' and kept noddin' his head.

"Want another one?" The bartender said to me. "This one is on the house."

"Really?" I said. "I don't remember you sayin' that before."

"Well, you had too much to drink. That's what I figure. Besides, the rain had stopped. At least, I'm glad about that."

"Yea... me too." I drank the rest of the beer. Then I thought, Sure why not? I can have another drink. It wouldn't be a problem. I took the free drink, and drank it. I betta get goin' and head back to the crappy, hotel room before Dom wonders where I'm at. After all, it was gettin' late.

When I came outta the bar, I noticed a guy, starin' at me. He was odd-lookin' and didn't know what he was up to. So I decided to stroll off, tryin' to ignore him. But the guy kept followin' me. Because I can tell from my nose. Who was this guy, anyways?

I stopped around the corner, where a coffee shop was at, and went inside the back alley. When I walked to the alley, I remember that name Craig Hollis. It was like that name hit me for the first time. Craig was just a young man at the time I met him. I used to work for his father as a bodyguard. Because Craig's father used to be a rich man, until he made wrong dealings with a criminal partner of his, and that led to a crime of destruction. I wasn't there because I was caught in the middle of it, and bein' captured by bad guys and whatnot, I couldn't even escape. I was bein' held down in chains like a wild animal, just like what I did to Victor Creed back in those days. How ironic it was.

I stopped walkin, and turned around to see the guy, followin' me. He also stopped.

"Okay, pal," I said. "Who are ya? And why are you followin' me?"

The guy revealed himself and said, "The name's Ben Urich. I work for the Daily Bugle."

"Oh... You're that guy who knows Daredevil's true identity. Yea... I get it. Whaddaya want?"

Ben sighed and said, "I was hoping you could lend me the information about the "The Cut-Throat Murders." Do you know about it?"

Yea, I did hear about the murders and all. I've read the latest newspaper, and seemed to forgotten about it. Some crazy guy, slashin' people's throats off. The looks on their faces, when the killer does those things. I couldn't even imagine that. I told him, "Yea, I've heard of it. What's it to you?"

"I'm trying to investigate who the real killer is. But I had no leads whatsoever. If you know something, I would appreciate it."

"Listen pal, I'm a busy man, and I have other things to worry about. It's about... Magneto. You know him."

"Ah yes, the mutant terrorist... I do know a lot about him. In fact, I've done quite a bit of research on the guy. I guess you would say he was the most powerful mutant on Earth. Probably more powerful than Xavier himself. No offense."

I stopped for the moment, and said, "How do you know about Xavier?"

Ben looked around the alley as if he was waitin' for someone. He looked back at me and said, "I used to interview Charles back in the days as a first-time reporter. I wanted to know what made him tick. I had found out that Charles and Erik were best friends. Well... used to be."

"I see... Well, I guess I wasn't around back then. So, I don't know."

"Anyways..." Ben puts his glasses back up towards the bridge of his nose and said, "Like I said, Logan. If you know anything about the murders, please let me know." He gave me his card with the name and his phone number, written on it. "This killer has to be stopped. I know you want it to stop as well. But I figured you were too busy for this kind of thing. But I had to try. Right?"

I sighed and said, "Alright, Ben. If anythin' comes up, I'll let you know. Okay? I gotta go now. See ya later."

I walked away from the alley, and turned around and saw that he was already gone. Are reporters always like this? Stalkin' people around, and askin' questions later? Tell me about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandra Weirs decided to go on a one-week vacation from New York City. She came to Peru, the South American country to figure out the real connection between the ancient dagger and the killer himself. At times, Sandra kept wondering, how could she not see the killer? It kept bothering her, and even then she had nightmares about it. Last night, she woke up from a nightmare, which she had met the unknown killer, who held the dagger as always. And still, Sandra couldn't see him. Her throat was cut, and she had screamed about it.

It was a beautiful sight, and this was the first time that Sandra had ever visited Peru before. The mountains and the valleys were breath-taking. But to her, it wasn't a real vacation. It was more like an assignment, and that her boss was willing to allow her on a trip like this. It seemed ridiculous at first because the idea of connecting the dots between the dagger and the killer, sounded totally insane. Before she came to Peru, Thomas had said, "Are you sure you don't want me to come? You could use some company." But Sandra had said no. She needed some space and all the things that involved the brutal murders in New York City, had worn her out. She had seen enough for one day. But she was truly afraid of what she might find in the ruined temples of Peru. It sounded... dangerous.

A tour guide who spoke good English, led the beautiful detective to witness the wonders of Peru. The guy looked quite handsome, even for a tour guide. Sandra didn't mind about that. After all, she never get used to the kinds of love that she had before. She had failed relationships in the past, and tried to work them out. Her parents used to tell her because of her mutant ability, the relationships had failed. And guess what? Her mother used to say, "Sandra, you know too much. That's the problem." She was right. Every time, Sandra touches a man, even while having sex with him or any other. She saw flashes of images, and found out that the guys were either complete douche-bags, cheaters or even criminals who acted nice at first, and then commit crimes behind her back. Sandra had vowed herself that she wouldn't date anyone after that. She was entirely alone, and completely hopeless.

But then there was Thomas Kane, her tough partner. At times, Sandra wanted to touch him. But she was afraid that she would know too much, and there was one point in time that Kane wanted her to touch him, not sexually speaking of course, but getting to know the man himself. But Sandra decided to ask questions instead, just like a normal human being.

When first upon meeting the tour guide, and shaking his hand, he had noticed that Sandra wore black gloves, even at this time of heat. He thought, She must be crazy. Oh well... it's best not to ask. He continued touring the ruins of Peru, and then stopped.

"Is this the temple?" Sandra said, looking at the printed image on her hands. She took out a printed copy of it, just to make a complete match. Then she showed the picture of the dagger to the tour guide. He said, "Where did you get this?" He seemed to recognize it. Sandra said, "It's a long story. You see that carved snake that's coiling around the dagger? Do you recognize it?"

The tour guide looked at the picture for the moment, and said, "Ah yes, Miss. I have seen this thing before. It's the dagger of a powerful demon. Long time ago, the gods have created the earth and the skies. People rejoiced the gods for their own creation. But evil has been brought forth towards this land. There was a cult of some sort, that worships a demon, and anyone who makes a pact with it, must kill people in order to survive. So, the gods have sent priests across the land to vanquish the demon. That was the demon's demise. The one known as Deathurge.

"Deathurge?" Sandra said, completely bewildered. The tour guide nodded and said, "Yes, I know it sounds lame. But the demon was too powerful to destroy, so the priests have decided to seal it in a box." He pondered for the moment, and said, "Do you have the picture of this box?" Sandra shook her head but she said, "I've only heard of it... from a friend." The tour guide looked at her and said, "Okay. Follow me. I think I know where it is. I remember my father had shown to a man, who once came here to search for the box. It should be here. Come."

Sandra followed the tour guide, and searched around the ruins. When they both entered inside the old temple, there was some dusty air, fuming around it, which made sort of gagging noises within Sandra's throat. Deep down, she wanted to throw up. The tour guide had noticed this, and said, "Yes, sometimes it smells like that. The temple has been too old... and it stayed that way ever since the dawn of time." He stopped and didn't want to say anything further than that. Because of the horrors that he had heard from his father as a young child, which he wasn't supposed to hear. But then the tour guide had to say it because it was his job. He continued, "This temple was the place, where the cultists had made a dangerous pact with Deathurge to obtain power and immortality."

Sandra shivered at the thought of these wicked people, who made the pact with the devil. She wasn't religious to begin with, but at one point, a nun came to her and once said that any wicked person would do anything to gain power and fame, and that was to kill. The nun was right. This must be the place, where the killer had made the deal with Deathurge. But the only question was, who was the killer? Sandra hoped to find the answers to his true identity. Time was running out, and if she didn't find it soon enough, then more killings would continue, and she didn't want that.

"There it is," the tour guide said, pointing towards the ancient artifact that was supposed to be hidden for thousands of years ago. It was laid on some kind of rock. "The priests have used this box to seal the demon. The cultists were the ones who brought evil to this land in the first place. Ever since the gods didn't bring good luck upon these people, they turned towards evil to gain that luck. Now, you see what had happened. Would you like to touch it?"

It was kind of funny that the tour guide asked that question, as if he knew that Sandra was a mutant all along. But he didn't know, despite wearing the gloves. Sandra was too scared of touching the box. She looked at it, and thought, It could be dangerous. I might see something that I don't like. She never liked anything what she saw, whenever she touched any object or person for that matter. So how was this anything different? She stepped towards the box, and removed the black glove from her right hand. The tour guide silently watched her.

Sandra touched the box and watched...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik felt relieved that he had killed the Senator a couple of days ago. Now, all he had to do was get his work done, without any interference. Currently, the suppliers of Angel's Blood got delayed at the moment due to law enforcement. Kevin had seen the problem to it by sending several assassins to engage the killing spree. The officers were killed at that point, and been buried somewhere else, so that nobody could find them.

Erik got up from the bed, which he had laid to rest. He needed some sleep, and concentration for the next phase of his experiment. He could find a way to control the growing mutation that lies within Angel's Blood. Who would have thought that Warren's blood not only heal humans from diseases and other kinds of sickness, but it can give them superhuman abilities beyond human expectations? However, a mutant was entirely different though. One of the mutants who had joined the Brotherhood several years ago, had taken the Angel's Blood, and been turned into a monster. Erik had to kill it before anything worse could happen. After all, he didn't want the uncontrollable monster running around, causing havoc due to its awakening. He had to find the source of the deviant mutation that started the process, and eliminate it, once and for all. For that, he had to seek out Dr. Hank McCoy.

But Hank was currently at the conference for a science meeting. He'll have to face Hank alone, and force him to eliminate the mutation, growing within Angel's Blood. That way, mutants can become powerful enough to overcome humanity. Their powers could grow at a faster rate, or amplified at certain levels to the point that not even a mutant can stop them. That was Erik's plan all along, ever since he and Kevin had started the Brotherhood organization in the first place.

Erik looked at the samples of Angel's Blood on the table, along with the microscope. He may not be a scientist, but he can work some things out by researching certain facts of the mutation itself. He had studied it very well. But it wasn't enough.

I'll have to find Hank McCoy, Erik thought. It's the only way. But of course, Hank would be shocked to find what Erik had been doing all this time, and he would never help in fixing the deviant mutation, even if it was his former friend and an X-Man. Hank would not agree to it.

Then, a sound rumbled in the sky. Erik wasn't sure what to make of it. At first, he thought it was just a plane passing by. But it sounded that it was coming closer. The assassins came out of the building and saw it. It landed on the ground besides their hideout. Who could it be? Erik thought. He came out as well by flying through the open window, and saw it was the Blackbird.

"What?!" Erik said loudly. How did the X-Men find me? From the Blackbird itself, the door opened and a single figure came out.

"Hello Erik," Scott said. "It's been a long time."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 59- Magneto, Part 9.

Wait a minute! How did Scott find Magneto's hideout? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. It looks like I'll have to stop these two angry birds before anythin' gets worse. SNIKT!