Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 98- The Darkstar Saga, Part 4: The Red Guardian

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-80-the-winter-sol-2127754/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 98- The Darkstar Saga, Part 4: The Red Guardian

Location- Russia

Year- 2009 A.D.

As Yelena ran into the dark alley, the urgent thoughts of killing Vasily Karpov faded away. Now that Nico Stanovich was after her, she would have to defend herself from the Winter Soldier, or even die trying. After all, it was the first time that a Winter Soldier was sent to pursue the rogue agent.

When Yelena stopped running, she stood behind the wall. Breathing heavily, she tried to get a grip of herself. One way or the other, the police would also come after her, after learning that one of the best detectives in Russia had been assassinated in cold blood. What could be worse than that? Yelena didn't know, but she had faced quite a number of dangers in her lifetime.

She took out a gun, and checked to see if it was loaded. At times, she needed her own weapon to fight the enemies of Soviet X, including both lesbian agents, Sasha Roerich and Reena Stancioff.

Damn them, she thought. She could hear his movements clearly, even though she was merely human from years of training at the Red Room. There had been no doubt that it was him, Nico Stanovich. After all, he was one of the most formidable assassins in his prime. And having a right cyborg eye gave him an advantage over his opponents. According to the files of Soviet X, he had killed so many people in the past, whether they were good or bad. He was truly a force to reckon with.

Another shot, and this time Yelena screamed. She felt her own blood dripping from the right side of her shoulder. Clenching her teeth, she moved around and fired a couple of shots at particularly nowhere.

Then she continued running away. Checking both sides of the streets, a car almost hit her, and she managed to jump like an acrobat. The driver looked dazed of what he had just seen, but it didn't matter. Yelena had to run away from the Russian assassin, no matter the consequences.

Police sirens were being heard at the same time. Yelena knew they must have found the detective's body back at his office. There was nowhere to hide.

She stopped in the middle of the road while a huge truck honked at her. She moved away quickly like a wild cat. All these years, she had been in hiding and trying to expose the deadly secrets of Soviet X, but...

"Miss Belova," someone said from behind the shadows.

Yelena looked around to face him, and raised her gun. "Who the hell are you?"

"The name's Red Guardian," a Russian man replied. "I know you're in much trouble. But I can help you."

"Red Guardian?" Yelena knew that codename from somewhere. But she couldn't remember.

"Yes." He finally came out of the shadows, and revealed himself. "Believe me, I know what it looks like. But it seems that you have nobody else to trust."

"What about you?" Yelena still pointed her gun towards the red-costumed figure.

The Russian hero sighed. "You don't have to trust me. But just you know that I'm not part of Soviet X anymore."

Yelena didn't know what else to think. Here she was meeting an unknown hero for the first time. Or was it?

"Yelena, listen to what I have to say, and..." the Red Guardian paused when Nico stood before them.

"Dr. Nicolai Krylenko, I presume," Nico said.

"Stand back, Yelena," the Red Guardian said. "I'll handle this."

Dr. Nicolai Krylenko? Yelena thought. She couldn't believe to hear that name before. Yes, she remembered it correctly. The mutant scientist worked on the Darkforce Project for many years now, regarding her sister's condition. But never in her life, she thought that he would become a superhero.

Without saying anything else, Nico sprinted forward to fight the Red Guardian. Yelena moved away from them and just watched. But the Russian assassin kept eyes on her. Despite being sent to hunt her down, Nico had no choice but to face the Russian superhero.

"You will be stopped, Dr. Krylenko," Nico said. But the Red Guardian laughed at the thought of it. Nobody could stop him. Every supervillain in the past, had tried to do just that. The energy attacks were either evaded or been cut down. For a man like Dr. Krylenko, he knew what he was doing.

He threw his vibranium shield at the Winter Soldier. But Nico avoided it in time with one of his fast reflexes. An assassin with no emotions just like the others, including the former American hero, Bucky Barnes.

The shield returned, and hit the Winter Soldier on the back of his head. Somehow, the Red Guardian used his mutant powers to direct the movements of his shield, due to an immense force of gravity.

But the Winter Soldier couldn't be back down that easily. After years of fighting experience, he had the potential to become the next Winter Soldier of Soviet X. He grabbed an army knife from the right side of his holster, and threw it at the Red Guardian.

The mutant scientist shouted painfully, as he felt the sharp sting on his shoulder. Pulling it out, he noticed drops of his own blood, falling on the ground. Of course, he couldn't evade physical attacks as before, but he could also avoid them after years of training in hand-to-hand combat. If anything else had taught him that much, he was too careful to handle these kind of situations.

The Red Guardian took back his shield, and created an invisible force field around him. That way, the Winter Soldier wouldn't able to hit him like a ton of bricks. Granted, Nico saw this opportunity to strike the Russian superhero. He took out a gun-like device and fired.

The Russian hero stopped. He wasn't sure what just happened, but he realized that his force field was slowly fading...

S#!t The Red Guardian thought. Then he looked at the Winter Soldier's latest weapon.

That weapon... It must have disrupted my force field. The Winter Soldier smiled at him. Thanks to Soviet X technology, Russian scientists had developed counterattacks of their test subjects, in case if they went rogue in the future. Nico said, "It is over, Dr. Krylenko."

No... it is not over yet. The mutant scientist threw his shield again, but this time Nico caught it.

Crap! The Red Guardian was getting frustrated. "Now what?" He looked around the place, and noticed that Yelena was gone.

When Nico also took note of her disappearance, he thought, "Damn it, she's gone. No matter. I will find her, once I'm done with..." He stopped, and felt someone struck him with an amount of electric shock to his system. It was the Widow's Bite.

Nico Stanovich was knocked out. The Red Guardian grabbed his shield, and looked at him. Yelena did the same.

"What do we do about him?" Yelena said.

"There's not much time," the Red Guardian said, looking around the place again. "We must get out of here. Come!" The rogue agent nodded, and they both ran away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Location- Siberia

Year- 2011 A.D.

Whoeva this guy was, I must be lucky to have him, savin' my @$$. But comin' here to undo his mistake? That was somethin' else. I got up after nearly overpowered by the Darkstars, and then looked at the Russian newcomer.

"What the hell's goin' on here, bub?"

The so-called Red Guardian did not say a word, nor looked at me. He just stood there, facin' the former agents of Soviet X.

"Listen, pal," I said with irritation. "If ya wanna help me out, at least try to answer my..."

"My real name is Dr. Nikolai Krylenko," he stopped me. "I'm a scientist who created the Darkstars."

"What?" I was stunned to hear that kinda news.

"Yes." He looked at me, seriously. "I'm sorry, Logan. I know that you had been brainwashed by Soviet X. Not from this world, anyways."

"Dr. Krylenko?" Sasha said surprisingly. "You were supposed to be dead."

"That's right, Sasha," the Red Guardian confirmed it. "I didn't think of what I was doing back there. But... I had pure hatred for my sister's death."

Great! This was the guy who created 'em. I unleashed my right adamantium claws.

"Okay, bub," I said. "We need to finish 'em off, one way or the other. Got it?"

The Red Guardian nodded. Then he threw his vibranium shield at the former, Soviet X agents. Both Sasha and Reena unleashed their Darkforce energies.

They avoided the Red Guardian's shield, but it came back at 'em. Reena got knocked down, and her partner got distracted. Now's my chance.

I ran forward and almost attacked Sasha when her partner, suddenly got up. Then she unleashed a full blast on me.

"WRAAAAAAOH!" I fell on the ground, feelin' the intense pain of Reena's powers. That woman will not give up. Especially not Sasha Roerick.

The good thing was the Red Guardian showed up earlier. He got back his shield, and was ready fer another attack. Both Darkstars threw everythin' they got. But he was able to cut 'em down by usin' his left hand, and sometimes pushed 'em away from him.

As I got up, the Darkstars levitated themselves from the ground. Sasha grew angry alright, and I could see right through her face.

"You can't stop us," Sasha said. Both she and Reena eventually got closer together while unleashin' their Darkforce energies. Must be the romance thing. Who knows?

"What the hell are they doin'?" I said.

The Red Guardian replied, "They're merging together."

"What?" I looked back at him, and then a gave another look at the grand spectacle. He was right. They were mergin'...

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 99- The Darkstar Saga, Part 5- Fusion.

What's this? Both Darkstars are merging their bodies? Find out in the next chapter of Winter Wolverine. Things are not lookin' good here, bub. SNIKT!