Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 95- The Darkstar Saga, Part 1: Death and Rebirth

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- Find out what happened to Laynia Petrovna in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 73- The Winter Soldier, Part 3.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-73-the-winter-sol-2127089/

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-80-the-winter-sol-2127754/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 95- The Darkstar Saga, Part 1: Death and Rebirth

Location- Siberia

Laynia's death may have hit hard on her people of Russia. But her brother named Dr. Nicolai Krylenko had plans for revenge. He had just found two women who acted as the possible hosts for the Darkstar Project, and who eventually could fight their common enemy.

Ever since the first Darkstar, Laynia Petrovna was killed by Winter Wolverine, she had high hopes of transferring her mutant powers into two of the best Soviet X agents in town. To do that, Dr. Krylenko had injected her sister's mutant DNA on his test subjects, Sasha Roerich and Reena Stancioff. In fact, both of them were selected for the dangerous experiment.

But it wasn't easy, and Dr. Krylenko knew about it. A regular scientist was only doing his damn job, and who wouldn't give up in fighting the cause for Mother Russia. The people demanded justice for Winter Wolverine's crime. Therefore, the Russian scientist worked countless hours in his experiment.

I hope this works, Dr. Krylenko thought. For the sake of my sister... He looked at the subjects who were currently semiconscious in stasis. Then he activated the machine.

Flashes of bright light appeared before him. He wondered if his experiment would work. After years of atomic research, he figured that the machine could turn the tide of superhuman powers. But it created something else. An alternate dimension of immeasurable power. One that could control it, and fight back the enemies of Russia. After all, his sister had wanted this.

Once the experiment was over, Dr. Krylenko shut the power off, and looked at both of the agents. When they slowly opened their eyes, he smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been thinkin' long and hard about what I did to the Russian superheroes of this world. Ever since I was brought here, I did not think I could kill 'em. I heard that they saved countless lives, with the exception of Mikhail Rasputin, who was hungry fer power. Besides, he cared less about savin' 'em other than his public image. But it did not matter. Apologies may come late at a time like this, and I am not the one who could ask these people what my intentions were. Seems to me that I was controlled by someone else. But I do not know who. So, I began a thorough search of who could have done such a thing, and what was my damn purpose.

Well, I did find out about my purpose here. The very fact that Sinister of this world had plans fer me. But there was someone else other than the mad scientist himself. Someone that I could not even remember. I seemed to recall bits about my past, and how I came to be. I was not supposed to be the Winter Soldier. Not like this. But that usually happens in alternate realities. Same people who made different choices, or been made for 'em. Fer me, I was turned into one of the Winter Soldiers. I do not know if they were others back in my world. But what I have learned so far in this one that a terrible price came with it. And it was execution.

Speakin' of execution, Bucky Barnes was going to be sentenced to death in three weeks time. His best friend, and former partner, Steve Rogers tried everythin' to save him. Most people who were killed in the past, musta gotten off to the wrong start when it came to dealin' with Bucky. But these people had families, kids, grand kids. You name it. When I waited fer the police to arrive and see the damn situation that I had caused back at the local bar, they stood away from me because they had noticed my left cyborg arm.

Yes. I was feared. No more or no less. Besides, there was nothin' else I could do. I have already explained to 'em that I was the good guy here. After all, I did stop the crazy motherf***ers, Victor Creed and John Greycrow.

Now, I resumed my search fer the damn person who controlled me. I was beginnin' to think this guy, whoeva he was, most likely hid himself from plain sight, and probably watchin' me at this very moment. Yes. It made sense, alright. Besides, I told Nick Fury about his true identity. And guess what? He did not say anythin' about it.

Why? Maybe, because he knew that I was gonna search fer him, instead of doin' the damn missions. I even asked him a couple of minutes earlier before I began my own search. Still nothin'. What an old nutcase. A guy like him sure wanna keep secrets from me.

I stood in front of the largest buildin'. It was Daily Bugle. Yes. The guy who owns the place, was named J. Jonah Jameson. A Spider-Man hater and a mutant hater. Another old nutcase. But I do not wanna mess with him at this point because I have betta things to do.

It was dark at night. Either people went home, or some of 'em stayed late, drinkin' black coffee, and workin' on their damn computers. Heard there was a famous reporter named Ben Urich, who still worked here. I bet he knows somethin' about the guy who brainwashed me. Romulus.

Yes, I remembered the name, even though I don't know who he was, or what he looked like. It somehow got stuck in my head after I had woken up last night. Maybe, it was all a bad dream. Not that I tried to look fer that kinda information at D.A.G.G.E.R. since Nick Fury would know about it.

Lookin' at the cubicles, there were a couple of people workin' their @$$e$ off. And then I turned left, and looked at the office on the other side. I was right. He was there, workin' constantly while lookin' at the screen. Sometimes, it makes me wonder wheneva he was gonna get sleep around here.

Without knockin' the door, I slowly went to his office. He stopped typin' and turned towards me.

"S#!t!" Ben dropped his mug on the floor. "Christ, Logan. You scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry, pal," I said. "But I have come here to know some info about a guy named Romulus."

The investigative journalist just looked at me, and blinked. He musta been stumped when he heard that name.

"Romulus?" He said, soundin' confused. "I'm sorry. I... don't know that name."

"Are you sure? Because this is important, Mr. Urich. I heard you have done lotta work, regardin' supervillains and whatnot. Surely, you must know about him."

"Okay, I heard the name. But... his background is unknown."

"Unknown? Whaddaya mean?"

There was a moment of silence. Then he looked outside the window. "I managed to dig up some info on the guy, after someone tipped me off. Said that he was currently looking for him. The one who was behind the creation of Project X."

"What?!" I was surprised to hear that. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so." He looked back at me. "But we don't know what he looks like, or where he actually came from."

I walked closer towards him, and held his shirt. "Alright, pal. Tell me who tipped ya off."

"I don't know. He didn't give me his..." He stopped, and noticed my cyborg arm.

"Wait a minute..." He said slowly. "You're not Logan."

I sighed. "I am him. Just a different version from another world."

"Oh... That's right. Your accent..."

I let him go. "You betta dig some info on this Romulus guy. Got it?"

"But..."

"I mean it, bub. Whoeva tipped ya off, I'd sure like to know..."

I stopped when someone called out through my intercom channel. It was Nick Fury.

I answered the call. "What's up?"

"Where the hell are you?"

"I'm... at the bar."

"At a time like this?"

I sighed. He probably called at my apartment when I was not there. "What's wrong, Nick?"

He told me. It seems that I have another mission at hand. No doubt about it. Figured that he would sent me on a wild goose chase. I kinda hoped it was Romulus. But instead, it was someone familiar. Someone like Darkstar.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 96- The Darkstar Saga, Part 2: Darkforce.

Well, Logan just found out who controlled him. But who tipped off the famous journalist? You can find out later. Next, Logan must face two Darkstars in Siberia. Two you say? That is right, bub. SNIKT!