Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-80-the-winter-sol-2127754/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 22- The Hunted, Part 1

I went back to D.A.G.G.E.R. to make a brief meetin' with the old man himself. He just sat there as usual. And the fact remains clear that he had intentions of keepin' me here, no matter what the cost. But I do not give a $h!t about what he was gonna do to me. Because in this world, I had no place to go, or nowhere to hide. Only to run from these damn, sleeper agents of Soviet X.

"You've done well, Logan," Nick Fury said. He got up from his seat, and activated a hologram in front of me. I stared at it, and realized it was those agents that I had to worry about, includin' Ivan Romanoff.

"I have seen this guy before," I said. "Well, in this world." Nick nodded and then turned the hologram off. "I knew you would meet him someday. But not like what you've told me. You'll have to be careful on that one."

"Listen, Nick. I do not need you to tell me, what I can do or cannot do. I will do what you say, however..."

"That's not the point, Logan," the old man stopped me. "The point is how long you're going to stay here. For all I know, there's the other Logan, I have to worry about. Sometimes, it makes me crazy to think I've been talking to the same people in one day. Like twin brothers..."

"Yes, I get yer point. But you know the difference, Nick. The accent and my..." I paused and looked at my missin' cyborg arm. That is because Piotr Rasputin had cut it off, while he was possessed by the damn, Soulsword. Anyways, I guess I will have to wait until Professor Rodchenko makes a new one. After all, he made Bucky into a Winter Soldier in the first place.

And speakin' of the egghead himself, he was taken custody into Nick Fury's hands after the demon invasion in Russia. I told Nick that he saved my life, when I was attacked by Mikel Bulgakov and that damn Scalphunter. Now that I am back on the same page, I will have to wait until I get my new arm back.

"So Nick," I said. "Looks like it is another mission fer me to handle."

"Yes, but... You won't be alone."

"Whaddaya mean?"

Nick Fury sighed and then said, "You can come in now." The door opened on the other side, and I looked up to see who it was. Well, I guess you could say that I was certainly surprised he was here.

"Hello, Logan," Remy LeBeau said. "Nice to see you... again?" He was probably confused of which Logan I am. I could not blame him.

"Yes, I do know you," I said. I looked back at Nick. "What is the meanin' of this, Nick? Why him?"

"I figured he could help you out, despite his track record. Ahem... except the stolen artifacts." Nick looked at Cajun mutant silently. Remy didn't say anythin' to that. He just smiled.

"Anyways..." Nick said. "It won't be easy, Logan. Trust me. I've already contacted Captain Britain on the situation, and Remy most likely wanted to help you in the next mission. If you have a problem with that..."

Hmm... I guess the old man was right. Maybe, I do need help. But I did not think I would expect help from the Cajun mutant himself. Yes. He used to live in New Orleans back in the day. Yes. I had to check out the files from the Cyber System Mainframe to know everything about certain characters, which I had neva known before. Or possibly, I would have met 'em, if I was still back in my world. Such tough luck.

"I ain't got a problem, Nick," I said.

"That's good," Nick smiled. "I hope you boys get along with each other. Because this mission is going to be a tough one. Just be careful."

"I'm sure Logan and I'll get along just fine," Remy said. "Right, mon ami?" He looked at me, and smiled.

Oh, boy. Here we go.

----------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in Russia, Ivan Romanoff just received contact from Soviet X. The man whose sole mission was to destroy the Soviet version of Logan, have always been a struggle for him. Ivan made sure that he had the necessary tools to defeat the wild mutant himself. But he didn't expect this version of Logan had arrived from another reality. In fact, the things had gone way beyond his human imagination, when he was first recruited into the ranks of the Soviet X program. Even his daughter had joined in the ranks, and he became proud of her.

But now, he learned the fate of Natasha Romanoff, who died in the hands of Logan. He wouldn't care less which Logan he had to kill. But his orders were clear. He would have to come up with a way to kill him on sight. Because this version of Logan might have friends already.

"Okay, sir," Ivan said to the unknown man on the speaker. "I will do as you say." The call ended, and Ivan got himself ready. He looked at the naked woman, who just slept with him, a couple of hours ago. He may be old enough to have sex, but he had the stamina and strength to prove that he was still as young as before. Ivan got out of the room, and then took the elevator. He stared at himself in the glass window. The reflection had said it all. It was time to end this charade, once and for all. And this time, Ivan was not alone.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 23- The Hunted, Part 2.

Whoa there! Gambit is joining with the Soviet version of Logan in the next mission? Well, things might look pretty easy for the Cajun mutant. But not that easy. Find out in the next chapter of Winter Wolverine. I gotta tell ya, bub. This guy kinda gives me the creeps. SNIKT!