Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-80-the-winter-sol-2127754/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 20- Limbo

Location- Switzerland

Year- 1935 A.D.

Vincent Strange decided to pack his bags, and go back to his father's house in Philadelphia. Even though it was a long trip, he reminded his teacher that he could be gone for a while. And that he had some urgent things to do. The thought of what his father was doing at his own house, would only prove futile if Vincent himself couldn't do anything about it. Therefore, he let himself out of the room with the help of a servant. He made sure that Lucas wouldn't know about his arrival. After all, his best friend already left for Philadelphia to help Dr. Eugene Strange in the process of the ritual. Vincent couldn't help thinking about it.

There was a train heading towards Germany. Vincent had to make several stops to get to his destination. From there, he could take a ship and come back to his city, where he had to face his best friend and father. It was going to be a long ride for him. But he had learned to be patient. His mother had told him so. And that he would do something else in the meantime. There was a Chinese yoga teacher who taught him to relax his mind during the toughest trials of his life. Even though Vincent didn't think that it could work, he managed to perform the task with ease, letting go all of his fears and temptations that the world had to offer. Lucas have already tempted himself in joining the darkness, but whatever happens to him, Vincent will try to save him.

And his father? It was something that Vincent had done before. In fact, there were certain times that he had to argue with him, regarding his unholy work. It could eventually destroy his family life, and not only that, the love of his life before Vincent was born. Beverly Strange.

Vincent went inside the train, hoping to make the journey ends meet. He hoped that he could convince his father and Lucas to stop whatever it was they were doing. He breathed slowly and closed his eyes, as the train started to board.

Then something struck him. He had some sort of intuition that there was something afoot. He wasn't sure what it was. But he just let it go. The train only had left a couple of hours ago when suddenly, something hit the tracks and the train gradually crash-landed at full speed ahead. There was only darkness.

------------------------------------------------------

The sounds of war have reached Belasco's ears. The HYDRA super-soldiers have finally arrived, and begin to attack the base. The Germans were firing back. They still followed the demon's orders, knowing that his magic would affect them, tearing their bodies apart. Two soldiers who defied Belasco's orders, had their chests ripped open as if by invisible hands. The other soldiers looked at the bizarre spectacle, and knew that if they didn't kill the HYDRA super-soldiers immediately, they would get killed by Belasco himself.

"HAIL HYDRA!" The soldier shouted his cry as usual. The other soldiers did the same and attacked their fellow officers. Belasco smiled at the thought of it. He truly enjoyed the scene, even though he still stayed inside the forbidden room, concentrating on one of his spells. The pentagram was glowing white as he opened his eyes and heard the shouts, coming from the other side of the room. He knew the Red Skull's army was here. They tried to break through the force field, but to no avail.

"You cannot come here," Belasco said. His vast powers have grown immensely as he chanted the unholy words of dark magic. He was about to unleash his demonic minions from the other side, when a rumble started above. It was like an earthquake up there. Belasco could hear the firing shots and cries from the Germans, who tried to kill the HYDRA super-soldiers.

Let them all die, Belasco thought. In the meantime... The pentagram stopped glowing. He thought, What? What the hell is happening? He didn't know. But for some reason, he couldn't chant the spell any longer. He thought, Those damn b@$t@rd$ are interrupting my ritual. I'll kill them! He deactivated his force field, and the soldiers cried out in unison, "HAIL HYDRA!" The door smashed open, and the three soldiers barged inside the forbidden room. Belasco cut them in half.

Damn you, Red Skull! He thought. I'll kill him. But the HYDRA soldiers were not responsible for interrupting the demon's ritual. No, it was something else.

Belasco hacked their bodies, and then slashed them away. The soldiers kept firing at the demon. Belasco laughed and said, "You cannot kill me!" He laughed even more when he blasted the soldiers with his awesome power.

The demonic sorcerer came out of the forbidden room. He will have to deal with the rest of the Red Skull's gang, and then finished the leader himself. There was terror in his eyes. His plan was thwarted by the enemy of the United States and its allies. The HYDRA soldiers kept coming his way, and then fired.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

There were wounds healing in the demon's chest. The Soulsword gave him more powers after Belasco possessed the body of Lucas Dietrich. He smiled and said to them, "You want more? Here!" He slashed them again. Their entire bodies were cut in half. Blood splattered everywhere. It was pure bloodshed. One couldn't imagine the scale of the demonic powers of Lucas, whose sole purpose was to gain power over Limbo. But it wasn't Belasco's intention. Long time ago, the Elder Gods trapped him there for whole eternity until one day, he decided to create his sword by using a piece of his soul, and then place it in the darkest regions of Limbo. For those, who tried to acquire it, they would have to make a pact with Belasco himself. Once that pact was made, the demon will truly possesses that wearer's soul after acquiring the Soulsword. For that matter, the wearer had to spill his own blood.

Yes, Belasco thought. I will conquer the world. I... He stopped and noticed something different about himself. He spit out blood from his mouth, as if something invisible was attacking him.

What the hell? Belasco thought angrily. What's going on here? He tried to get a grasp of it. But he still didn't know who was causing this strange event. He could feel the pain from his own body, as the unknown attacker kept hitting him.

"Who are you!" He cried out loud to no one in particular. The German soldiers were confused, and yet they still kept firing at their fellow men. But the HYDRA soldiers didn't care. They shot every German in the area and then faced Belasco, alone.

"No..." Belasco said slowly. "Whoever you are... I'll not let you... AHHH!" He dropped his Soulsword on the ground. It was beginning to disappear.

The HYDRA soldiers looked at it, and then glanced each other.

"Damn you!" Belasco said to the unknown attacker. Then he heard somewhere in his mind, beyond the reaches of time.

"I will kill ya, bub. If it is the last thing I do. WRAAAAAAAA!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

There were everywhere. The Germans began to fire us. But Max was able to bend their weapons like crazy. Even Natasha couldn't believe it. But she had her hands full when a bunch of other soldiers fired at her. She jumped over the wooden crates and hid behind 'em. I did the same, even though I had the healin' factor. But it could slow me down, if I try to handle all of 'em at once.

Max raised the damn soldiers high, and then brought 'em down like before. There was an alarm that let every other soldier know we were here. Looks to me, we're surrounded by those f***in' punks. Anyways, I used one German soldier's weapon that I had stolen earlier to shoot several rounds at the incomin' motherf***ers.

After they slowed down, they called out everyone else to come and get us. I told Natasha to move forward because any bullets that would come and hit us, will most likely freeze in mid-air because Max was here. After all, he was a powerful mutant to deal with. Not to mention, he could float a bit lower in the ground, and movin' around the place, and then killin' 'em. The German b@$t@rd$ cried like babies.

On the other hand, I could heal in an instant, as I ran fast as Natasha here. Like I said earlier, the bullets froze, and the soldiers might be thinkin' that they had neva seen anythin' like it. Like some ghost comin' to haunt 'em fer somethin' that they shouldn't have done before. They look pretty scared if ya ask me.

Lots of shots, comin' at us. But they still froze. Max was somewhere else. I could smell him.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

These motherf***ers just kept firin' as usual. There was one plane nearby, and it looked like it was the only one left. It was about to take off when Max stopped it. His face sorta showed some frustration that he was havin' a tough time, handlin' it. It must be the weight of the f***in' plane, if ya ask me.

We managed to get to it, when the other soldiers fired at us. I screamed in pain, and fired back.

BLAM! BLAM! They all went down like crap. Natasha couldn't barely shoot at this point, because she was too desperate to get to her father. I can understand that. But the thing is she would have to learn how to think clearly in handlin' these kinda situations.

We got inside the plane, and I pointed the gun towards the German pilot. The other pilot shot me.

"WRAAAOH! Damn ya!" I fired at his shoulder, just to keep him alive, in case if we needed him. That's because I didn't know how to fly this damn thing. So, we needed a pilot to fly this thing sky high, as soon as possible before...

BOOM! Great! Someone just threw a bomb at us. Max was able to protect himself with some kinda field, because I could see he wasn't harmed. He came inside the plane, along with us, and then closed the door. But...

BOOM! There it goes again. The plane was able to take off. But the problem was it got hit by the f***in' bomb, somewhere along the line. Bunch of Motherf***ers. They just don't learn how to quit.

"Hold on tight, kids. Strap yourselves and..."

BOOOOM!

"WRAAAOOOOH!"

Natasha cried out my name. It was all white, and I couldn't hear anythin' else. And Max... He coulda protected me, but it seemed I went all the way down. I looked at the plane's backside that got torn off by the bomb explosion. These b@$t@rd$...

I didn't know where I was gonna fall down. But I sure wish, I had a damn parachute at this point, because I woulda need the adrenaline to land somewhere, safe and sound.

And fer both Natasha and Max, I just hoped they would be fine. Because at this point, I couldn't do anythin' else to help 'em.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I stared at Lucas Dietrich, who just stood there, watchin' me. He was sorta confused to think that I was here, ready to kill him. But it looks like this Belasco guy, or demon must have told him about what I was gonna do.

"You must be Logan," Lucas said. "No matter. I will make sure you don't stop me." He produced some kinda purple light energy, and hit me like a ton of bricks. I could feel the pain alright. This guy had magic powers, just like Dr. Strange. Except, it was different.

"WRAAAAAOH!" It burned like hell.

"Belasco had told me what you're going to do," Lucas said, smilin' at me. "I didn't think it would be possible. But yes, I will acquire his Soulsword, no matter what."

"Not a chance, bub." SNIKT!

I rushed towards him, and he kept throwin' those energy balls of purple light at me. He chanted somethin' that made him invisible fer a while. But I could smell him. I slashed the motherf***er. He cried in pain and came into view. I slashed him again, and again. But he was able to hit me with another blast. I flew back and splashed in the pool of blood.

I got up and looked at his injuries. Illyana was right. I could kill him in the flesh, even while he was still in Limbo. I rushed towards him, and said, "I will kill ya, bub. If it is the last thing I do. WRAAAAAAAA!"

I stabbed him right through his heart. I could hear it beatin' fer a while, and then it stopped. Lucas looked at me, and said, "No... Belasco... Help me." It seems the demon couldn't do anythin' else. Whereva he is.

Lucas Dietrich splashed down in the pool of blood, and then got himself drowned. Belasco said, "YOU FOOL! YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!"

"It is too late, bub." I said. "It is over." Yes, it was over alright. I looked around the place. Everythin' began to turn white. And I looked at myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Location- Sanctum Sanctorum, New York

It had been almost an hour now that the two sorcerers battle each other, ever since Belasco's arrival at the Sanctum Sanctorum. Dr. Strange fought him hard enough that he couldn't even breathe. But then something happened. He noticed that Belasco suddenly stopped fighting, and thought, What... After all these years trying to conquer the world, his plan still failed all because of Illyana Rasputin. Then he fell down on the floor. The demonic sorcerer vanished as if he never existed in the first place.

It worked, Strange thought. Logan has done it. And it could only mean that the Soviet version of Logan had changed the past by allowing General Strucker and his men to live. Yes, that was the price. But Lucas was dead, and that was a good thing. The Soulsword vanished into thin air, possibly returning itself back to Limbo, where it belonged. As for Belasco, he would have a hard time, finding another host, in order to try and conquer the world, again.

Dr. Strange wished he could keep the sword from falling into the wrong hands. But it only belonged to Belasco and his hellish dimension, Limbo. Therefore, he couldn't do anything about it. He looked back at Logan's body. For a moment there, it began to twitch by itself, and then the wild mutant opened his eyes slowly.

"What the f***?" Logan suddenly woke up from the floor. "Where the hell am I?"

"You're in Sanctum Sanctorum," Strange replied.

"The Sanctum what?"

Strange sighed. "Never mind." The door from the other side, opened, and the rest of the heroes arrived. Scott said, "Well... I was sure you'd be back."

"Scott..." Logan said slowly. He even looked at the young X-Men, including Strange's assistant, Wong. Hank said, "The demons are gone. What happened?"

Strange said, "That my friend... Logan can explain. Now, I must rest. If you will excuse me..." The great Sorcerer Supreme left the room.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 21- Aftermath.

Belasco may still be alive, but Lucas is dead. Now the demonic invasion is over, what will happen next? Find out in the next chapter of Winter Wolverine. The demon invasion is over, bubs. Now what? SNIKT!