Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-80-the-winter-sol-2127754/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 12- Behind the Shadows

Both Ivan and his partner, Sam have approached Vasily's house. They stood there, wondering if they were allowed to get inside. After all, these days of war had overwhelmed them. Ivan knocked the door twice. There was a sound of footsteps, lurking in the shadows of the house. Vasily Karpov was considered as a communications officer back in his days of World War 1. He was a man of utter patience and intelligence. He opened the door, and noticed the two familiar figures, standing before him. Vasily said, "Ah... It is you, Ivan. Where have you been?"

"I have been busy, my friend," Ivan replied. He looked at his partner and said, "You know Sam, right?"

"Yes, I have heard of him," Vasily said. "I believe this is the first time we met." He shook hands with Sam Petrovitch.

"Yes," Sam said. "I am glad to meet you."

"Well then..." Vasily said. "Come inside. It is rather getting cold out there. You would not want to freeze to death."

"No," Ivan said, wanting to laugh. "We wouldn't want that." They went inside the house. Ivan didn't think that Vasily could live in a luxurious place such as this. But it was the only thing affordable in his name. Vasily had high political friends in the Russian government. So, he didn't have to worry about anything.

"You still have the communications equipment?" Ivan asked him.

"Yes, I do. But there are certain times the signal gets jammed. It must be the weather, I suppose."

"Well... We will have to try it then," Ivan said. "I have to contact my friend, Sergeant Nick Fury about our current situation. You know him?"

"Yes, I do know the man," Vasily said. "I have heard great stories about him."

"Yes," Ivan said. "You see..." He stopped.

"What is the matter?" Vasily asked.

"Our bases..." Ivan said slowly. "They have all been neutralized.'

"Oh... I see."

"Yes." Ivan explained the whole story to the communications officer.

"Hmm..." Vasily said, thoughtfully. "Well then... Why don't we have a drink? After all, you both had a long night."

"Sure," Ivan said. "Why not?"

"Once I bring the drinks, I will get the equipment ready."

"Thanks," Ivan said. "I owe you one."

Vasily shook his head. "No, Ivan. You do not owe me anything." He left them in the living room. Both Sam and Ivan sat down, and looked around the place.

"Sir..." Sam said. 'You think we will able to reach Sergeant Fury in time? Suppose..."

"It will be fine, Sam," Ivan said. "Do not worry. I know Vasily very well. You may not know him, but he is a good friend."

Sam felt silent for the moment. He wasn't sure if he could accept defeat by the Germans for now. It was something that he couldn't face before. Only until now.

"I hope you are right," Sam said. But somewhere in the back of his mind, Sam knew that they may lose the war.

Vasily came back with the drinks. "It is brandy." He placed the tray on the table. Both Sam and Ivan picked them up. And then they sipped.

"Tastes good," Ivan said.

"Thank you," Vasily said. "As I have said before, I will get my equipment ready. Wait here." He went upstairs.

"That man..." Sam said.

"Yes," Ivan said. "He and I went way back in World War 1. I suppose I should have told you about him before. Sometimes, I idolized him. He is a great man."

"I can see that," Sam said, sipping his drink.

"Anyways, I hope we do contact Sergeant Fury." Ivan finished his drink, and relaxed on the couch. Vasily came back downstairs and said, "It is ready, Ivan."

"Alright," Ivan said as he got up from the couch. "Let's do this."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha continued drivin' the jeep late at night. I couldn't tell what time it was. But my guess is it could be around 11:00 pm. Anyways, it was already dark outside, and it began to get chilly. I could feel the wind, pricklin' my hairy skin. I told Natasha she could cover herself with my brown jacket fer a while. But she shook her head.

"I will be fine," Natasha said. She sometimes told her stories about her life, before she joined the Russian army. Like how she used to play around with army tanks when her father wasn't lookin'. Her mother died durin' childbirth. So, Natasha had no idea what she looked like. Or couldn't even remember fer that matter. But it was a good thing that Ivan was there for her. I wish my father was there for me. There were times, he didn't pay me any attention that I needed the most. He had gone way off in his world of corruption, and he did it to protect the family, includin' me. But what do I care? He didn't bother to say anythin' else to me, after he was caught by the authorities. The worst crime of the 19th-century. I was left alone with my mother at the time. She and I tried several ways to survive, still livin' in Alberta. The weather was harsh... As much as now.

Natasha looked at me, and then smiled. I smiled back. She said, "Did you ever have a girlfriend?" I wished she hadn't asked that question. It sounded too personal if ya ask me. But since we're goin' the long way back to Russia, I might as well have to tell her. No point in hidin' anything else. I replied, "Yea..."

"What was her name?"

"Her name was... Look out!"

"What?" Natasha stared at the small figure, standin' in the middle of the road. Then all of a sudden, the jeep got smashed by itself. We both fell down.

I rolled over the ground, and then got up. I cried out, "NATASHA!" I could smell her. She was still alive. I went over to the other side, and noticed she was barely getting up. When I reached there, I was stopped by a mysterious figure. He was a boy of 13 years old. That'd be my best guess.

"Help me..." The boy said.

"Just... Hold on a sec, kid. Let me..." I was about to say that I had to help Natasha first. But I felt somethin' pullin' me back like I was bein' raised by an invisible hand. I stared at the kid, and realized it was him, doin' it.

"WRAAAAAAAAOOH!"

I thought I would get killed in an instant. But it turned out there was another Winter Soldier, who interrupted that damn Scalphunter's mission. It was Mikel Bulgakov. Yes, there was no doubt about it.

"You must not interfere with my mission," Mikel said to the Native American mutant. John winced at the pain, and said, "That's just great! I have to deal with another one like you? Why don't you punks get off my back, and let me do the f***ing mission? Eh?"

Mikel did not say anythin' else. He just stood there, waitin' fer the mutant Marauder to back out. But John would not do it. I know him very well.

"Okay, punk!" John said angrily. "You ask for it." He dropped his sniper rifle down, and grabbed another weapon from his armored suit.

"Here goes nothing," John said. He began to fire at the last Winter Soldier. Mikel deactivated the holographic projection, and took out a gun from his left cyborg leg. He fired!

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Those firin' sounds began to tear me apart. Because of the intense pain of these f***in' red bullets! I moved slowly and then took Nico's rifle. I will have to take precautions of using this weapon, so that I could shoot those damn motherf***ers.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

"AAAAAH!" John cried out in pain. He fell down from the building. But he could heal in an instant. So, there was no doubt that he could come back in one peace. He will eventually come up with somethin' else to shoot the damn b@$t@rd.

"Okay, f***ing d***head," John said angrily as he got up. "Let's see how you do this!" He took out a small device, and then turned it into a bazooka.

"Heads up!" John cried out. Mikel just stood there like a robot. And he kept firing as usual. John fired the missile, and Mikel moved fast like a cheetah. The darn missile hit the buildings. It exploded. People screamin' from inside. The amount of bullet hits that came from the Winter Soldier's gun, made the bazooka exploded.

"AAAAAHHH!" John screamed painfully, again.

Damn that Mikel. He was too fast. It must be his cyborg leg, which was givin' him some kinda super speed. He was rushin' towards me. I have to...

Mikel hit me before I was gonna shoot him. Then he held my suit and threw me away. I hit the back of some random car. Windows smashed.

"GRAAAH! You b@$t@rd!" I unleashed my adamantium claws, and approached him slowly. I was getting dizzy at the moment. The pain... Ah... the pain.

"You will die, Logan," Mikel said. "It is over for you."

"Not yet, bub," I said. "I will not die! WRAAAAAA!" I rushed towards the Winter Soldier, and almost slashed him. But he moved away too fast. It was like a blink of an eye. He fired at me on the back.

"WRAAAAAAOOH!"

"I see you do not give up," Mikel said. "Tell me... Where is Professor Rodchenko?"

"F*** ya."

"Then you shall die," Mikel said.

"Not so fast, punk!" John said. What did I tell ya? He's back!

The notorious Scalphunter grabbed another weapon from his armored suit. This time, it was a sword. He ran towards the Winter Soldier, and slashed his back. Mikel winced at the pain, and was still able to move fast again. Then he fired at the Marauder.

"AAAHH!" John took out a small gun from below his armored leg, and then fired. Mikel avoided it. He deflected those bullets with his cyborg leg.

I watched the whole scene. I still felt dizzy. Like somethin' that hit my head a long time ago. I picked up the rifle again, and stood behind the car. I aimed at one of 'em.

Okay... I am gonna kill... I hesitated fer the moment because I thought if I kill Mikel first, I would have a hard time, killin' the mutant Marauder. Now that Niko had loaded the carbonadium bullets...

I aimed at John's head. I fired. The mutant Marauder fell down.

Okay... Now, I have to... Mikel ran like a cheetah again, and then kicked me with his cyborg leg. F*** that hurts.

"You will not kill me, Logan," Mikel said. "I will say this again, where is..."

"Shut the f*** up!" I stabbed his other leg, and this time Mikel shouted in pain. Then I got up and hit him on the gut. Then, I stabbed his head.

"There!" I said loudly to him. "You motherf***er!" He stood, starin' at me like a f***in' statue. Then he fell down.

The mission was complete. Now... I collapsed on the ground. There was utter darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Hilton Hotel, both Nico and Natasha were getting ready for the mission. Taking a hot shower with a beautiful spy had never been quite exciting as a man would think. Nico thought it was a waste of time and yet, he still felt good about himself. Always going for the solo missions, and being able to take out certain enemies secretly, was his style. And so was Natasha Romanoff.

Natasha looked at him and smiled. She knew deep in her heart that Nico enjoyed it. Not just the sex, but taking a shower together. She had done this kind of thing before with most men and some women out there. She may not be bisexual for that part, but she certainly acted like one.

"Are you ready?" Natasha said. Nico nodded and checked his weapon, and then the equipment. It was necessary to kill the German escapee, Eric Koenig.

"I am ready as you are," Nico replied.

"Alright then," Natasha said. "Let's do this."

Piotr Rasputin was heading back towards Russia. It had been a long time, since he visited his home country. The memories kept swirlin around him, and those thoughts had never gone away. Even though he was still possessed by the black sword, he could still remember those dreary events that happened in Soviet X. Yes, he had served the organization until he managed to escape and sought sanctuary from Professor Xavier, the headmaster and caretaker of mutant kind. He never felt so happy in his life. Until...

My sister had been taken away, Piotr thought. He checked the coordinates, and activated the Cerebro system to locate the Soviet version of Logan. Apparently, it didn't give an answer to that kind of question.

"Damn it, Cerebro," Piotr said out loud. "Locate the mutant named James "Dog" Logan, also known as Wolverine." Recently, he just found out his full name by accessing secret files from the D.A.G.G.E.R. database, thanks to Kitty's help. That was because Logan had already learned from his childhood past by using the flashback machine. Therefore, the machine had provided feedback into the Cyber System Mainframe. In this case, Piotr didn't care if this Logan who came from an alternate reality, had been brainwashed by Soviet X. He just wanted to end his pain and suffering.

After a while, Cerebro finally gave the location that the Russian mutant wanted the most. Piotr flew the Blackbird below the lowest districts of Russia, and landed down at the top of a building, rendering it invisible to the naked eye. Once that was done, he looked at the black sword on the backseat. A form of black energy swirled around it. He could still hear her sister's voice.

"Piotr... Piotr..."

"Do not worry, Illyana," Piotr said almost to himself. "I will kill Logan, once and for all."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 13- Soulsword.

Logan's mission is over. Now what will happen next? Find out in the next chapter of Winter Wolverine. Okay, bubs. This time, I will have to face the Russian mutant myself. SNIKT!

What will happen next for Nico and Natasha? Well, you will find that part of the story in...

No Caption Provided

Stay tuned...