Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 11- Darkness and Light

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-80-the-winter-sol-2127754/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 11- Darkness and Light

In the deserted land, both Ivan Romanoff and his right-hand partner, Sam Petrovitch, have been escaping from the German raids for too long. After their bases were neutralized, they had no nowhere else to go. But Ivan thought of hiding in a place, where the Germans couldn't find them. From there, he hoped that he could contact with Sergeant Nick Fury, reminding him of the current situation that they were in. Unfortunately, the two Russian soldiers had been going on for a while, with no hope of staying anywhere else for the night. They could still hear the sounds of bomb blasts, and some men firing over the hillside. It was a wild racket out there. But then, Ivan was still scared of the fact that these new wave of German soldiers were unstoppable, and that they could kill them in an instant. After all, Ivan had seen it.

"Sir..." Sam said. "Are you okay?" This time, Ivan drove the army truck, still thinking of his only daughter, Natasha Romanoff. He wondered if Logan could keep her safe. Before World War 2 started, Natasha always wanted to become a strong woman at best. But she wasn't qualified to do so. Therefore, she only assisted the soldiers to do other sort of work. That a woman could only provide such as a communications officer or an assistant. They were times that she was being 'touched" by those men, and when Ivan found out about it, he disbanded them. For a woman like Natasha, she would have to prove herself worthy as a soldier.

"Wait a minute," Ivan stopped thinking. "I see a house over there.' Sam looked at it. He used his binoculars to confirm it's location. At the top of the hills, the house looked quite big from up here, despite being tall like an Hungarian castle. Ivan was hopeful to find the shelter that he and his friend needed the most. Ivan drove there as fast as he could, and eventually stopped. A couple of men came along the way, and stared at them. One of them said, "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

Ivan said, "Do you have any communications equipment?"

"Communications?" The man said as if he was confused. "No, sir. I don't think we have one. Do we?" He looked at his friend for any indication. But his silent friend just shook his head.

"Look..." Ivan said frustratingly. "This is urgent. I need to make contact with a fellow army officer of mine." He looked at the house and then said, "May I ask who lives there?" He pointed towards the house from the distance of 5 km. The man stared at it and said, "Oh, some one named Vasily Karpov lives there. I assume you know him?" The man looked back at Ivan to see if he knew the man before.

"Vasily?" Ivan said. "I think I know that man..."

"Sir?" Sam was confused.

"Alright..." Ivan said. "We will just have to go, and attend his house."

"Wait a minute," the man said. "We just arrived from there to get some stuff that we needed. You cannot just barge in there and..."

"Listen," Ivan stopped him. "My name is Ivan Romanoff. And I am helping the American allies to fight against the forces of Germany. Understand?"

Both men looked surprised. Now they knew who the soldier was. The man said, "Oh, I am sorry. I did not think it was you. Vasily had told us great stories about you... sir."

"That is alright," Ivan said. "Come on, Sam. Let's go and meet Vasily Karpov."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha drove the jeep this time. In fact, that was the only way to get a darn rest fer a change. I was too tired to think of anythin' else. Like what I'm gonna do next? Besides, these f***'n Germans just won't quit. I heard there was an air base around here somewhere. So, I thought of goin' to pilot the plane, and get outta this place as soon as possible.

There was nobody on sight. Not even the sound of an animal. It was too quiet if ya ask me. Even Natasha fer that matter. She hadn't spoken fer a while, eva since we left that damn house. It was probably I told her what Vic had done back there. And I could guess she couldn't handle that kinda info. But what can I say? The woman had to face reality here. If she wanted to become strong as she is, then she'll have to prove it.

She stopped the jeep all of a sudden. I asked, "Why the hell did ya stop?"

"Look over there," Natasha said. "Do you see that?"

"See what?" I looked at the place where the Russian girl pointed at. It looked some kinda camp or somethin'. I couldn't tell it from up here. So, I told her to drive forward to take a good look. I was right. It was a concentration camp. Natasha parked the jeep, and then we both got out. We approached the gate, which was already bend, and there were footprints all over the place. I couldn't understand what the hell went wrong here. Somethin' tells me...

"Logan..." Natasha said slowly. "What is this place?" She looked at the name of the camp, and couldn't read it. But I could. I said, "Auschwitz."

"Wait a minute," Natasha said as she just realized sometin' I said. "Is that a concentration camp?"

"Yea... I'm afraid so. Let's check it out, and see if there are any survivors." I heard lotta horror stories about these camps. Jews got tortured or incarcerated in their own private cells. Nobody could survive in this hellhole through pain and sufferin'. At that note, I couldn't smell any survivors around here. Looks to me, there were already dead.

There was a hole on the ground. From that point onward, I couldn't bare to look at the f***in' mess. There were full of corpses inside it. Like a pile of bricks. The smell grew intense that I wanted to puke. Even Natasha looked away from it.

"How could these..." Natasha said. "These Germans... They are monsters!"

"You're tellin' me." I looked around the place and then said, "Listen, Natasha. I don't think nobody's..." I stopped and noticed small footprints on the ground. I think it had snowed here before. But how would I know? I was back in Russia at the time. I smelled it alright.

"There's only one survivor," I said. "But I can't tell who."

Natasha looked at me and said, "Okay... We must get out of here. I think I have seen enough." I nodded and we both went back inside the jeep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... Here goes nothin'. I hit the Russian b@$t@rd$ with my cyborg arm, and then slashed 'em all over the place. They kept firin' at me as usual, and I could see that damn Winter Soldier, aimin' his weapon at me from the top of a buildin'. He sure knew how to get his men to work fer him. But I will not allow that to happen. No. I will kill all of 'em, if it is the last thing I do.

"GRAAAAAAH!" I cried out angrily as before. Like a wild animal. I slashed their faces, heads, arms, you name it. They won't f***in' quit! Whaddaya know? These days, you cannot expect the worst things to happen in yer life. But the fact is that these people would do anythin' to serve their f***in' master, who just stands there, waitin' fer his chance to shoot at me. Great!

"WRAAAH!" I killed the last goon, and then moved forward. I called out to him, "Give yer best shot, Nico!" The Winter Soldier fired at me. But this time, it really hurts because I just realized it was not just an ordinary bullet. It was...

"Damn carbonadium..." I said to myself. That b@$t@rd! I was stupid enough to think he could fire at me, normally. But I did not think Nico would...

"WRAAAAAAOOOH!" It felt so painful that I could not even move. He f***in' shot my leg! It was bleedin' badly.

Nico said, "I will kill you, Logan. For what you did to her..."

Great! Another sweet revenge from another guy, who knew Natasha Romanoff. I had to take the red bullet off before...

Another shot! This time on the right arm. I fell down, tryin' to relive the pain as possible as I could. But the intense pain of the f***in' carbonadium, was not lettin' me.

Nico arrived downstairs, and looked at me. He said, "How does it feel, Logan? You are a tough soldier. I will give you that. But..." He stopped and aimed the rifle at me, again.

"Say your prayers, Logan." Nico was about to pull the trigger, when someone else shot behind his back. Nico looked up, and saw the unknown shooter. It was...

F***! It's him, again. But I did not think it was him. No... Because John Greycrow had no goatee back in my world. This version had one.

"Don't get in my way, punk!" John said. "You can call me, Scalphunter. And I have a job to do." He fired another shot and this time, Nico fell down on the ground. Just like that.

"Okay..." The Native American mutant said. "So Logan... What's it gonna be? Eh? Head, chest, d***? I could shoot anywhere I want. Don't worry. I wish I had those... red bullets or whatever you wanna call them. But I came here to kill you. No matter which Wolverine you are. It doesn't matter to me. Got it?"

Damn it... I have to remove these damn, carbonadium bullets off from me.

"Like the guy said, Say your prayers." John laughed out loud that he couldn't even stop. He aimed at his own sniper rifle at me, and pulled the trigger.

BLAM!

------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving from the Senate building, Senator Robert Ralston had his hands full. Due to the fact that he had to deal with certain situations, regarding the events of the Cold War. Tough luck came to him like a stash of bricks. But that wasn't the only thing he had to worry about. In fact, he planned to meet a person at a secret room, where he couldn't be found out, what he was dealing with. Such a scandal would come to him at the highest price. And that Robert, the former Howling Commando who used to work with Commander Nick Fury, was considered as a traitor of the United States.

Robert was currently working with a German escapee named Eric Koenig, who had plans to revive his new Nazi regime. For that matter, Robert needed the money to fund his campaign. Eric had offered him a chance to become the future President of the United States. But to take steps forward, the senator must take drastic actions to achieve that goal.

Damn it... Robert thought. What the hell am I doing? Here he was at the luxurious hotel called the Hilton, he was overwhelmed by the richness of its rare quality. He always wanted to become an important man, unlike his father, who was a farmer back then. But he didn't expect himself to do this sort of thing. Not even working with the former Nazi officer.

He entered the room, willingly and closed the door behind him. The senator was getting nervous. These rare visits would certainly get noticed by the press, or the paparazzi themselves. Flashing cameras and whatnot. He didn't want any of that. But he had no other choice. Eric had enough money to provide the senator of what he needed the most. So that Robert could accomplish in winning the election against his competitor, James Duvall.

"You're late, Mr. Ralston," Eric said as he already sat on his chair, waiting for him. The curtains were completely closed, and the shadows have confirmed his appearance of a German officer.

"How long do you think this will go on?" Robert said. "Do you have any idea those damn cameramen..."

"I know what you're saying, Mr. Ralston," Eric said. "But given the information of what you found out about the former Russian officer, Vasily Karpov, I cannot say as much about him. I have heard of him back in the war. But this, it totally surprised me."

"What's so surprising about that?" Robert said.

"Please, sit down," Eric said. "You look nervous."

"Of course I'm nervous," Robert said. "What do you think?!"

"Just sit down and relax," Eric ordered him. Robert sighed. He stood there for a few more seconds, and then sat down.

"Now... about Vasily. As you've told me earlier, I could say this much about him. I had one of my spies, secretly working with him back at Soviet X. And this was what he got. Take a look." He placed a photograph on the table. Robert picked it up.

"What's this?" Robert said.

"That my friend, it's the Red Room."

"The Red what?"

"The Red Room," Eric repeated. "It's a training facility where soldiers are brainwashed to become unstoppable killers. My guess is they must have created the Winter Soldier there."

"Oh, my God..."

"Yes. I'm afraid so. But... We have information about these so-called Winter Soldiers. My informant..."

"Listen, Eric. I..."

"Let me finish." Eric got up from the chair, and then opened the curtains slightly. "My informant had just received information about a Winter Soldier named Nico Stanovich. I believe he came here to kill me."

"What?"

"Yes. But he's not alone."

"Oh, that's just great. Now what?"

"I want you to take appropriate action in dealing with this Winter Soldier. I heard you made friends with... What's his name? Ah yes, Dum Dum Dugan. The head of H.A.M.M.E.R."

"You can't possibly..."

"Yes, I can," Eric interrupted him. "And you must. I have my own plans, Senator. But know this well... If you bound to expose my identity or whereabouts, I'll have you know that your dear family will be in peril. Trust me on it."

Robert was quiet for the moment. He couldn't say anything else.

"You may go now," Eric said as he still stared outside the window. Robert got up from the seat, and put the photo back on the table. Then, he left the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in the underground tunnels of New York, Lucas felt the energy, coming from the Russian mutant himself. He figured that his black sword will eventually possess Piotr's soul. Therefore, his mission was to kill Logan for revenge.

Yes, Lucas thought. Once that happens, the portal will open and then... He laughed.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 12- Behind the Shadows.

What's this? The portal will open? To what? You'll find out. Next, Logan and Natasha meets a mysterious survivor of the Auschwitz concentration camp. Who could it be? I think you know. Find out in the next chapter of Winter Wolverine. Damn that Scalphunter! I will kill him fer sure. SNIKT!