Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 80- The Winter Soldier, Part 10.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-wolverine-chapter-80-the-winter-sol-2127754/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 10- The Evil Within

The Howling Commandos were one of the best teams in the US army. In fact, they were the least of Hitler's problems when it came to being too cocky in handling the worst outcomes of war history. But they proved the Germans wrong, even the great Hitler himself. Time and again, they worked together in harsh combat, and some of them were hard to kill, especially the leader of the squad, Sergeant Nick Fury.

Nick had his own share of problems, dealing with the Red Skull. He had received information, regarding the whereabouts about the hidden base, where the HYDRA organization had risen from the ashes. Not only that, the soldiers became unstoppable. Nick feared that they would lose this war. But he wouldn't give up that easily. He stared at his men, smoking, laughing, and even drinking at a time like this! He smiled at them.

"Nick," Dugan said, while driving the truck on the deserted road. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"I think so. Let's hope we reach the air base in time. But those German planes..."

"Yeah... That's what I was afraid of."

Dugan drove the truck towards the base, and then stopped. The men got out, taking their own weapons with them. Izzy's pack of bubblegum just dropped on the ground. He sighed and was about to pick them up, when Robert said, "Oh hell, just leave them alone."

"But..." Izzy said. Then he sighed. Eventually, he had to leave those packets alone. There was not much time. Even if he had told his "friends" to pick them up. But surprisingly, they did.

"Are you serious?" Robert was astounded of what he saw here. The men didn't say anything to him. They just carried on with their work, before they arrived at the air base. Nick Fury came to Robert and said, "Come on, Robert. Now's not the time to google around here. It's time to fight back."

"But sir..."

"No sir to me. Just call me, Nick. Got it?"

"Um... sure." Robert followed the leader towards the base. They stopped, and the pilot just noticed their arrival.

"You the Howling Commandos?"

"That's right," Nick replied. "And I'm..."

"I know who you are," the pilot said. "Hop in, boys."

Nick sighed. He ordered his men to follow him. When they reached inside the aircraft, they strapped themselves on the seats. Izzy began to feel nervous. He chewed his gum for a few seconds, and then spit it out.

"Aren't you supposed to make a bubble of some sort?" Robert said.

"Yeah, I know. But I can't. Never tried it though." Robert looked at him, dumbfounded.

"Just leave him alone, Robbie," Gabriel said. "He's like that, you know."

"Yeah... I figured." Robert looked away and stared at the leader of the Howling Commandos. He just stood there, waiting to give orders to his men. But this time, he didn't.

"Just relax," Nick said. "It's gonna be a bumpy ride."

"I hope I don't throw up," Dino said.

"Have you eaten anything before?" Nick said.

"Um... No."

"Then you should be fine."

When the plane took off, Dino began to feel something inside his stomach. Then he remembered that he had eaten a pack of chocolate. He threw up.

"Ah, man!" Gabriel said, feeling disgusted. "You just made a f***ing mess."

"Sorry..." Dino said, sounding embarrassed. "I just remembered what I've eaten."

"Okay, guys," Nick said, ignoring the mess. "You know the drill. Once we land in Germany, we'll go in there, and stop the son of a bi***."

"Who would that be?" Robert said.

"Why... the Red Skull of course. Who else?"

Robert sighed.

"Got everything ready?" The men all nodded. Nick looked at Izzy. "Are you still nervous?"

"I still am."

"Then we'll cover you. Don't worry about it. After all, we're the Howling Commandos." He finally sat down and smoked a cigar.

Is he for real? Robert thought. I think my father was right. I shouldn't have joined this war.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha was sound asleep. After John's death, I couldn't help thinkin' that Vic might have done somethin' else, while I was gone. Because he had killed the man of this house. But his wife had ran away. She was really terrified of the fact that Vic might also kill her. If it weren't fer me, he would have done somethin' far worse than anyone could imagine. Now that I'm back here, I didn't know what else to think about him.

Vic came outta the kitchen, probably drinkin' his damn tea, and then sat down. I asked him about the woman. He said, "Why are you asking now?"

"I just wanna know if she's still safe."

"Whether she's safe or not, I don't give a $h!t."

"Listen, Vic. If you..."

"Just shut the f*** up, Logan. I had enough of you, treatin' me like some wild trash."

"You are one, ya know that?" At the sound of it, Vic stood up from the seat, and came closer to me.

"I'll kill you, if it's the last thing I do. Whatever I did here, it's none of your f***in' business. Got it?" He sat back down.

I got up from the seat, and entered the kitchen.

"Where the hell are you goin'?" Vic said after me.

"Just checkin' around." I looked everywhere to see what he had been cookin'. To tell ya the truth, he was a good cook. Not bad when it comes to makin' delicious food at a time like this. Then I noticed somethin', lyin' on the table. I checked it out, and noticed it was a gold necklace. I remembered it anywhere.

Vic came to the kitchen and then stopped. I turned around to face him.

"Why is her necklace here?" I asked him.

"She must have left it."

"I don't think so. You did somethin' to her. Didn't ya?"

"Just forget it, Logan. Okay? She's gone."

"No, I don't believe it. She wouldn't leave somethin' like this." I threw her necklace in front of Vic's chest.

"You're gettin' crazier than the minute, Logan. War is doin' you no good. That's for sure."

"I know what I'm sayin', bub. You promised me ya wouldn't hurt her. What did ya do?"

Vic sighed and then said, "I ate her."

I was stunned to hear what he just said. "What?"

"I ate her, Logan," Vic repeated. "I was hungry. What do you expect? A guy needs to eat. There was no food around here. So..."

"WRAAAAAA!" I cried out angrily after him. I punched him in the face. Vic fell down on the floor. I wanted to tear his face apart. But Vic stopped me when he slashed my face back. Then he punched me on the gut, and slammed me down.

"I should've done this a long time ago," Vic said. "You're beginnin' to piss me off. You know that? Now's the time, Logan. You f***in' runt!" He slammed me with his foot hardly. I screamed in pain.

"Stop it!" Natasha cried out after him. She was pointin' her gun at the wild mutant.

Vic laughed and then said, "You're one crazy bi***. Don't you know that I can heal?"

"Yes... I know." Natasha was trembling all over the place. She tried to held the gun, firmly.

"Want me to help you?" Vic said. "Or do you want me to do somethin' else? A pretty woman like you can sure..."

"WRAAAAA!" I got up from the floor, and poked his eyes with my sharp nails. The wild mutant screamed so loud that he punched me on the face. Natasha fired a shot, but I think she missed it. She still struggled to shoot the damn b@$t@rd.

"Natasha..." I said. "Get outta here." But the Russian woman stood there like a scaredy cat. Vic still screamed all over the place, tryin' to see where he was headin'. I didn't think he would do such a dangerous thing in his life. Like eating...

I stopped thinking about it, and went towards the kitchen. I grabbed a knife from the drawer, and then approached my former friend. I wish I had done it sooner. But this will have to do.

"DAMN YOU, RUNT!" Vic shouted angrily. "I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!" He tried to attack me. His eyes were still healin' at the moment. Now's my chance. I slashed his throat. Blood sprayed all over the place. Then he fell down on the floor.

Natasha tried to look away from the bloody mess I just made. I told her we have to get outta here, before Vic comes back and kill us. It was a bad idea to come here in the first place. I figured Vic would change at this point. But I was wrong.

We both went outside, feeling tired already. Thanks to John and Vic, we couldn't even sleep last night. Natasha slept throughout the night, while I drove the jeep forward. Natasha had already said she could drive, if I'm that tired. So, I wouldn't mind that.

A long road ahead, and God only knows what comes next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still searched for the damn Winter Soldier. It seems that Nico was one, tough son of a bi***. There were some people, starin' at me. Probably, they thought I was some crazy guy who had nothin' else betta to do than findin' that b@$t@rd. I ignored them, and kept on lookin'.

At this point, he could be anywhere else. But with my animal senses, I could track him down. Those memories I just had right now, I didn't think Vic had it in him. He actually crossed the line, and that was the first time, I had seen him as a f***in' monster. But Vic was now incarcerated at the mutant prison of Department H. If he eva gets out and I see him again, I probably would have to kill him. No matter what kinda guy he was in this world, it does not matter. I will still kill him.

Then, I smelled Nico's blood. I followed his damn trail, and stopped right there. It must have been a knockout, just fer a while. Then he must have got up and went...

I noticed a small bar across the almost, dark alleyway. It looked like he must have gone there. With my cyborg arm still visible to the naked eye, anyone could see the damn thing that those Soviet X b@$t@rd$ have made me. Even that damn egghead, Professor Rodchenko. Like I said before, I did not wanna kill him. But if somethin' comes up, and that animal rage flowin' through my head... The pain and the sufferin'... It was too much to handle. And I do not know if I could control it.

I walked inside the bar, and some Russian goons who were playin' strip poker, stared at me. Even some women who stood there, half-naked and smilin' at me. One of 'em was chewin' a gum. The bartender came up to me and said, "You came here for a drink?"

"No. I have come here to look fer someone."

"Like who?"

"That is not fer ya to know. Mind yer own business, pal. Got it?" Christ! Where this anger was comin' from?

"Listen, pal," the bartender said. "I got my bar here, so I call the shots. You are not welcome here. Got it?"

Great! Now, I have to beat him down. This was not part of my mission. But Nico was here alright. I can still smell him.

"Get outta my way, bub." I still searched everywhere. He was probably behind somewhere in the back. The goons got up from their seats, and one of 'em said, "Hey... The guy said to get out!"

"Shut the f*** up!" I said. "You must not interfere with my mission."

The guy laughed and then said, "Okay then. How about this? My mission is to kick your @$$!" The guy almost kicked me. I held his leg, and then broke it.

"AAAAH!" The guy fell down. The women screamed and then ran away. The bartender was about to call the police, when I unleashed my right adamantium claws and slashed the wire.

"What the f***!" The bartender said, soundin' surprised by the fact that I would do such a thing.

"You betta not call the police, pal," I said. "I have a mission to find Nico Stanovich. You may not know him. But I know he is here." I went away from the f***in' bartender, and followed the Winter Soldier's scent. I opened the door at the back. The other guys came behind me, and one of 'em tried to stab me. Because I could tell what they were about to do, even though I am not a telepath to begin with. So, I hit the guy's head with my cyborg arm, and then punched the other guy's face. Then, I followed Nico's scent.

I could still hear their shouts and curses behind my back. No matter. Nico was still here, and I have to kill him. Or else...

There was also another bunch of goons, comin' my way. Christ! Where the hell do they come from? The Professor was right. This place was like a f***in' hellhole.

"GET THE F*** OUTTA MY WAY!" I cried out after 'em. They pulled out their weapons, and began to fire.

"WRRAAAAAA!" I roared in anger, and slashed 'em. Their chests, faces, and everywhere. Blood splattered on the walls. I even stabbed the guy's forehead, when he was about to shoot me.

Okay... I guess it is over now. Who knows how many goons are still out there, waitin' to get me. I am thinkin' that Nico was behind this. Some Winter Soldier he turned out to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico Stanovich was having a great time with the Russian spy, who worked for Soviet X after the end of World War 2. He didn't think he could do it, especially when Natasha told him to work something out. He didn't expect this. But it was far beyond that. Nico got up from the bed, almost sweating to the point that he needed a shower.

"You are some woman," Nico said. "Do you do this all the time?"

"Not always," Natasha replied. "But there are times I had to perform... certain activities in order to kill my targets."

"I see. Then you are the best. Is that why they sent you here? In case if I failed?"

"Oh come on, Nico. You are still one of the best Winter Soldiers that Soviet X has to offer. I do believe you can do it. It is only the matter of finding him."

"Hmm..." Nico still wondered about Natasha, joining his mission. "There is more. Am I right?"

"You could say that. Eric may have friends in high places. So, I would be careful if I were you."

Nico thought about it. Maybe, it was a good idea for the organization to send out a natural born-killer to assassinate the German soldier. She was proven to be a deadly assassin alright. Her good track record had already told him that she was one of the best.

"Alright then," Nico said. "We can work together and bring Eric down. Like you said, he may have friends in high places."

"That is what I thought," Natasha said as she got up from the bed. "Now then... Let's take shower together. We would not want to waste time, taking turns."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico Stanovich remembered those days of working with the Russian spy. Countless times, they had sex together. But now that she was dead, he had recently learned that the Soviet version of Logan have killed her.

That damn b@$t@rd, Nico thought. I will kill him. But my mission... He thought about Professor Rodchenko. Yes, his mission was to terminate him at all costs. But Logan will eventually get in his way. And to do that, he had to talk with some random goons to do the job for him. After all, he was still recuperating from his arm injury.

I have never done this before, Nico thought. Yes, I do need help and time to recover. He still looked at his arm. It stopped bleeding, since he had to put an alcohol in the wound, and then bandaged it.

There were firing sounds ahead. Nico looked down, and noticed they were getting killed by the wild mutant himself.

Damn it! Nico thought. He is here. He looked at his sniper rifle, and then picked it up.

Okay, Logan... Nico thought, deactivating the holographic projection. This time, you will not interfere with my mission.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location- Salem Center, New York

"PIOTR!" Scott Summers cried out after his friend and teammate. But the Russian mutant didn't listen to him. He continued walking towards the hallway. Scott contacted the other X-Men to stop the mighty Colossus.

Hank McCoy also known as Beast, have arrived to see what was happening. He said, "Dear Lord... What's he doing?"

"He's not himself, Hank," Scott said. "It's that black sword of his."

"Sword?" Hank looked at the X-Men leader, confused. "What sword?"

"I can't explain right now. Whatever is happening to Piotr..." He stopped when he noticed his students arrived at the hallway. An Indian mutant named Ronnie Mithra said, "Scott, what is going on?"

"We have a big problem," Scott said. "Piotr... He stopped when Cerebro announced, "Warning! Warning! Hangar Bay Alert! Hangar Bay Alert!"

"Scott!" Hank said out loud. "He's going to pilot the Blackbird. We must stop him!" Scott nodded and ordered his young mutants to follow him. Hank began to sprint forwards, hopping around the wall and then on the floor.

When they arrived at the hangar bay, Scott fired his optic beam at the Blackbird.

"Damn it!" Scott said. "He activated the force field." The top doors of the hangar bay opened, and the Blackbird flew away.

"This is not good," Hank said. "Where do you think he's going?"

Scott thought about it and then said, "I think I have a pretty good idea where."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 11- Darkness and Light.

Now that Logan and Natasha are left alone again to defend themselves, what will happen next? Next, Piotr Rasputin is heading towards his home country to kill the Soviet version of Logan. Can the other X-Men stop him in time? Find out in the next chapter of Winter Wolverine. This big guy is gonna be a big problem. SNIKT!