Marvel Genesis: The Hudson Chronicles, Chapter 4- Nightmare

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Wolverine: Agent of D.A.G.G.E.R. Chapter 30- The Adamantium Man, Part 8.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/wolverine-agent-of-dagger-chapter-30-the-adamantiu-2251388/

Note- Jake Hudson is the Marvel Genesis version of Jimmy Hudson from the Ultimate Comics. He first appeared in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 42- Soulbreaker.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/project-x-the-birth-of-wolverine-chapter-42-soulbr-631029/

Note- Jake Hudson is the first test subject of Project X to receive his adamantium claws before his childhood friend named Logan.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: The Hudson Chronicles, Chapter 4- Nightmare

Ezekiel Boddington had been a child of God, ever since his father forced him to pray each day and night. In fact, the young man was often naked in his own room, and reading the Bible as always. Father had said that it was all a test to see if the worldly sins had corrupted him. The day that Satan had brought down upon the Earth with joyful pleasures. Ezekiel knew about it. But now, he was doing the same thing as once before.

18-year old Ezekiel removed his clothes completely, and knelt down before the altar of God. He had just learned that his father was a member of the Purifiers group, intending to eradicate the so-called "mutants." Beings who were born with special powers, and that his father had encountered some of them. Ezekiel didn't know what they looked like, or what they were capable of. But as it turned out that he had a vision, a sort of nightmare where mutants had taken over the world.

"Dear Lord..." He said in a whisper. He opened the pages from the Holy Bible, and read the passages. Deviations were considered as unholy beings, and the children of Satan. His father had explained this to him on his 18th birthday. A day of adulthood, and knowing what life would be like ahead of him, if one was to join the holy organization.

Yes, there were also priests among the group. Men and women who devoted their lives to God himself. In a sort of ritualistic way, they even prayed naked, together. It was the way of life, and testing to their limits of the flesh. It was not the purpose of enjoying the taste of carnality. It was only intended to stay away from it. From then on, they were prepared to eradicate this mutant race from the face of the Earth.

One woman in the group couldn't help herself. She had made love with a mutant in secret. And then the others had found out about it. One of them even spied on her. They decided to punish her. Torturing her in the old ways of medieval times. She said that the mutant was nice to her. She even cried out his name!

"Blasphemy!" One member of the group had said to her. Even Ezekiel had been there to witness the torture of the naked woman. He sort of gulped at the sight of it, thinking if he were being punished for his sin, and remembered his father's harsh words. The Boddington family wouldn't tolerate atrocities that occurred in their holy organization. Something had to be done, and this was a sign of God's punishment.

He prayed. "Dear Father in Heaven. Please hear my words, Oh Lord, and vanquish any thoughts of sin that may bring my soul down upon Hell itself. I give my flesh to you, Oh Mighty One. I give mine so that I may not experience the sinful pleasures of the devil himself. Amen."

He opened his eyes, and then got up. Then he put his clothes back on. It was 10:00 pm.

He slept. Nightmare began again. The world was filled with them. Ezekiel Boddington had a mission in his hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Killing Ezekiel was tougher than it looked. I wondered if he could get that far and cry out for help. He wasn't the kinda guy to do that sorta thing. I just know it. I kept chasing him like a wild animal. It was so dark that nobody could barely see anyone out here. I could see well with my animal eyes though. The instinct was there, but getting him wasn't that easy if you think about it.

I could hear the sirens on the loose. Those damn cops... Someone must have reported the cop's death to them. The one I had killed before, while following the religious nutcase.

Couple of flashlights had beamed across the grass. I hid there immediately. At this point, I would have to kill all of them. They might slow me down. And then I would lose that bald b@$t@rd.

I waited for them to leave. Some of them probably went inside the house. Killing random people wasn't my style. But I had no other choice. Besides, they interrupted my mission.

Once they were gone, I followed Ezekiel's scent. A dog barked somewhere. Ignoring it, I went to the other side of the road. Noticed someone moving at the top of the cliff. Not so far away I hope. I could see that he had a missing limb from here. It was him.

I looked on both sides of the road. Empty. I went ahead to get him. This could be my last chance to kill Ezekiel Boddington. Thought that the mission could be that easy for me. I was completely wrong. Killing a human like him. What a joke.

I reached the cliff and went down. He was still hiding somewhere. Then he came out, facing me.

"You just don't give up, do you?"

"I don't give up that easily, Ezekiel. I'm a man of my word."

"I see. Then someone must have sent you to kill me. I wonder who it is."

I laughed. "Believe me, Ezekiel. I have no idea who he was. Now, let's cut to the chase and don't waste my f***ing time."

Unleashing my adamantium claws, I cried out after him. The man ripped his clothes with his right arm. I stopped.

What the f***? I stared at his broad chest. He had a cross tattoo in the middle of it. Now I understand why.

"I'm a man of God," Ezekiel said. "Throughout my entire life, I've managed to avoid all kinds of sin. And yes, I have killed some mutants before. But now that you're here, it seems that I'm failing the battle. Not yet, anyways."

He took out something from his back. It looked like a vial of liquid, which I had never seen before. Then he looked up at the sky and said, "Oh dear Lord, give me strength." He drank its contents, and then threw the vial away.

A few seconds later, he shouted painfully like something had struck him from behind. I waited for something to happen. Then he looked at me, all sweat pouring down from his forehead.

He charged against me like a wild bull.

"WRAAARGH!" I fell back as he gave me a very hard kick on the gut. Then he used his right arm to pull me down. Damn it!

He was strong. Whatever he drank from the vial, it must have given him super-strength.

"You see, devil?" He said proudly. "I have drank the Chalice of Strength. I am worthy of God and his holy mission. For that, I'll send you back to hell!"

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: The Hudson Chronicles, Chapter 5- Nature of the Beast.

Jesus Christ! Ezekiel is showing his true colors. But can Jake still beat him? Find out in the next chapter of The Hudson Chronicles. Damn it. He's too strong for me. SNIKT!