Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This spin-off/prequel series focuses on Romulus, the creator of Project X.

Note- The prologue takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Winter Wolverine, Chapter 103- The World.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-genesis-winter-wolverine-chapter-103-the-wo-2263861/

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Romulus- Prologue

The time was near. For all these years, I have witnessed the fallen civilizations of old past centuries. And yet, I still survived to this very day. In this very moment. And that, I had to take certain precautions of preserving myself in utmost secrecy. As former teachers had told me, I would eventually become the strongest of men, and the courage to do anything I wanted. But as everyone had said before, nothing could be taken away from them. For they allowed themselves to see the truth behind the very fabric of my true nature. People living with their foolish philosophies and one of them said to me, that I shouldn't control their lives because it was their wish to fulfill it until their timely death.

But as of now, I had the opportunity to witness my latest grand scheme. I stood there, watching my test subject called Maverick, struggling to move after he tried to stop me. Lying down there, helpless and being foolish enough to save his only daughter, Christine North. He looked at me, wondering how I did all this. How I created Project X in the first place, or how I made Wolverine the way he was.

And speaking of which... I sent the Soviet version of Wolverine back to his own world. It's too bad he wouldn't witness my grand plan, which was about to take place in the next few hours or so. But I have David North here to witness it.

"You... You b@$t@rd."

Even though he was still injured, he could still speak. Thanks to his healing factor. Thanks to me. He should be grateful of what I had given him. Otherwise, he wouldn't be alive to take on daring missions in order to kill the ones that I had ordered him before. For that, I wouldn't allow myself to expose my true identity. I had watched from the shadows, detailing every single event, and planned ahead for my greatest scheme. Every single breath from these... humans. And mutants? You could say that I was one of them.

Yes, a different kind. A feral one at best. I have evolved from the Lupine Race a long time ago. I was born with powers that I had not yet recognized myself once. But as time grew by, I became to understand of what I truly was. I was a mutant just like Wolverine.

The mercenary got up slowly. His injuries were healing at the moment. And I figured I could finish him off. But I have other plans for him. As for his precious daughter...

"Let... Christy go."

I shook my head. I told him that I have plans for her. Waiting for Forge to start the destruction of this wretched planet by implanting a device on Magneto that would shake the world so to speak. And Christy... She would use her geokinetic abilities to shatter the Earth apart in slight variations. I would take over all the fallen cities. Super-villains would take control. Certain parts of the land, and among other places. Countries like Russia, India, China, and others out there. But as I waited for that moment to come, David raised his weapon, and pointed at me.

I rushed towards him, and slammed his head down. Despite his artificial healing factor, he was too weak to fight me. Even though he could use his powers to blast me off. But years of combat experience had taught me well. After all, I had lived for thousands of years. Strong. Smart. Invulnerable. I remembered everything of what I did in the past, which shaped me to who I am right now.

As I looked down at the mercenary, I said, "Don't be persistent, David. I can kill you right here. Right now. But... if you try anything foolish to even try to destroy me, I'll finish her."

He didn't say anything. Still struggling, I know he will keep doing it long enough to subdue me even further. But I need not worry about these things. Because I have something for him. Something that will make him to obey my every command.

My loyal servant and scientist, Dr. Nathaniel Essex have developed a mind spore that could perform the job. It was designed to control an individual's actions, and to do one's bidding. All I have to do is insert it into David's brain.

After doing that, he cried out in agony, and then fainted. For a few seconds, he got up and looked at me.

Yes, he will obey me, no matter what the consequences may bring. I sat on the chair, looking up at the widescreens of the outside world. I waited...

And as I waited, I remembered the past. Long time ago... when I was just a child.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Romulus, Chapter 1- Birth of an Emperor.

What's this? A Romulus series? That's right, folks. You'll learn the true origins, and history of the master villain who created Project X.