joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

Nova Corpsman 6005764 Personal Journal  

My first mission amounted to the unit watching as Gladiator ripped through a Kree fleet so I my first combat experience was postponed for a while. I have been here about a week , not really sure exactly how long still getting used to the time differences. After a few days the people here started to tolerate my presence which made it a bit easier being stationed here. I've gotten to know several people . The emperors younger sister seems to have more responsibility than the Emperor himself, he hides himself in the palace obsessively   checking on the progress of his search for a crystal that Centurion Dey is convinced doesn't actually exist while she pretty much runs the empire. She and Gladiator have in less than a week assembled a small army of guardians to pick up the slack for the missing fleet, if you ask me she should be the one in charge.  

As for Gladiator, he puts on a good show of confidence but I get the feeling he isn't completely sure he can handle his position. I firmly believe he can handle what ever comes at him but then again I doubt I will ever be in the position of being the sole protector of anything. I keep hearing these rumors of a Silver man that seems to have the people terrified. Dey explained exactly what Galactus was to me making the fear seem not only justified but the only sane reaction. 

Today I finally saw the Silver man, Who I am now calling the Silver Surfer because he is a Silver guy on a Surf board. I probably should have thought things through a bit more before I tried to bum rush a guy who could terrify an entire planet just by showing up near it. He swatted me away like a gnat. I was reminded of a time when i was 12 and had been hit by a truck, only this guy hit harder. I have no idea how far I went but the city I was in could not be seen from where I landed. I'm positive that if it weren't for the shielding my suit provided I'd be dead. I rolled down a hill which further damaged my currently shattered knee cap. I just laid there for a while wondering what could have possessed me to decide to join an inter galactic police force. I probably would still be there if I hadn't noticed the ground shake.  

I managed to muster enough energy to get up then got my suit working again and flew back to the city, which was now half destroyed by a battle that had apparently been going on a while between Gladiator and the Surfer. I don't know why but as soon as Gladiator fell I shot the Surfer, which didn't really seem to bother him and then he walked over to me and I remembered something my dad had told me the first time I ever got in a fight, "If you gotta go down, go down swinging" and then made a sad attempt to punch the Silver guy as my knees gave out on me. After that he just stood there looking at me for the longest minute of my life and then told me I had just saved the planet and left.  

I have no explanation for this.  If this man were the monster all these people told me about then why did he spare this world? or me? or everyone else who'd attacked him today? I'm very confused now but at least I'm alive and no one ate the planet so I guess this counts as a win. 

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator
@joshmightbe
Like Charlie Sheen always says, "Win-Win!".
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe
@The Impersonator: I swear eventually Richard Rider is going to be impressive it'll just take him a bit to get there