Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 70- Behind the Mask.

Note- Some of the dialogue is written in Japanese. Check the spoilers for translation.

Note- If you're not familiar with the main character of the series, check out the link for more information.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kikyo_Mikage_(Earth-101001)

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Mikage, Chapter 3- Ashes to Ashes

It was a bright, and early morning. Kikyo came out of the young man's house and noticed there were several villagers passing by. One of them said hi to the boy. But Kikyo didn't reply back. The villager had noticed this, and then shrugged. He left on his daily routine of carrying sacks of white rice. The master known as Tanba Yagyu, have also noticed this. He walked towards the boy, and laid his hand on the shoulder. He said, `Anata ni wa kanjō ga nai koto ga wakarimasu. Sore wa anata ni totte kibishī ni chigai arimasen.' Young Kikyo looked at him and said, `Hai. Nani mo kanjimasen.' Tanba looked out the hills that were quite far away. He remembered that the first time, he used to come here and taught several of his students. After all, the teacher had developed new sword techniques over the years, even as a young man himself. Now, he saw something different here. The boy who is now standing beside him, have no human feelings at all. That was true. But it didn't mean that Kikyo wouldn't have to be his student. The master have recognized this potential for other purposes. For now, he will have to teach Kikyo, the basics of sword training.

`Watashitoisshoni dono yō ni torēningu shitaidesu ka?' Tanba said. The boy looked at the man, thinking that he sounded crazy of teaching a young kid like him. But in those days, he always wanted to try out the swords, while his father went away in secret missions, and that the mother cooked food, and washed clothes daily at home. Kikyo had the urge to do something like that. But he was too young for all these things. Either that, he was too emotionless. There were times, his teachers used to say, `Kare wa watashi no shitsumon ni kotaemasen. Kare wa tada soko ni suwatte, kangaete imasu... Ano shōnen wa kimyōdesu.'

Now, Kikyo had found his new master. He didn't smile or say anything about what the young man said. He just nodded, and Tanba smiled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along the lines, the Hellfire Club was beginning to lose its valuable members and for that particular reason, Selene had no qualms of what was going to happen in the next few years. But she knew that something had to be done, or else there wouldn't be Hellfire Club anymore. Since her return, she found out that the three members have recently sold the club out, either for money or something else. However, there were some members, who were still active, appeared in lonely, dark nights, and enjoying their secret pleasures. She had sent Wither, also the member of the Hellfire Club to track down the traitors, who had shared secret information about the club itself. Kevin Ford was one dangerous mutant, not to mess with. He had killed a lot of people with his powerful gift. For this reason only, he couldn't join the X-Men, or any other peace-seeking teams out there. For Kevin, there was no peace at all. He drove his car, locking the target of an old member of the Hellfire Club from the video screen. The screen display told Kevin that the traitor was currently living in Atlanta. Kevin knew the man alright. The man had been working at Roxxon Incorporated for many years, and he was a valuable member of the club. But unfortunately, the man named Fred Willis, had the nerve to sell the secrets of the club to a non-member. Kevin thought it could have been a former co-worker of the Roxxon Incorporated, or some mistress who wanted cash very badly. And that Kevin couldn't take it. He will not accept it, nor Selene. He stopped the car besides the man's house, and walked out.

It was a big house. Fred had done so much in his years that he couldn't even quit. He loved his job. A 45-year old man and a husband who had two daughters, and one son. A beautiful wife who stayed most at home, and taking care of the kids, while Daddy Fred has gone off to work at Roxxon Inc. However, today was Saturday. Fred wanted to spend quality time with his kids, laughing and playing games with them. It was a Daddy thing. But that thing was about to go down, when Kevin arrived at his house. He rang the doorbell. And the woman said, "I'll get it, Fred." The woman opened the door, and stared at the young man. The man himself wore black gloves, and a suit along with the same color. He was all dressed in black. A mysterious man, which even made Mrs. Willis stumbled backwards a little. Not that Kevin had planned to kill Fred's wife, of course. That is if the woman have ever attempted the killing. Kevin said, "Hi, Mrs. Willis. I've come here to speak to your husband. Is Fred here?" Mrs. Willis was quiet for the moment. She looked back at her husband, still playing with the kids in the backyard. She looked back at Kevin and said, "Um... Yes, he's here. Who are you?" Kevin smiled at the thought, and said, "My name is Kevin Ford. I'm a friend of his." Mrs. Willis still hesitated, and then opened the door wide for Kevin to come inside the house. She closed the door, and said, "You wait here. I'll get Kevin." She left.

Kevin looked all over the house. It was big like a mansion that he couldn't even afford. But Kevin always had to stay with Selene, and sometimes have sex with her. He could only touch her, and it was the precious moment that Kevin have never felt such a thing before. His touch was much dangerous as Rogue's, but only on a funeral level. Kevin tried to control his powers from the very beginning, especially at his young age. But it backfired, and Kevin was all alone in the world. Years have passed, and he had no friends, and no allies to work with. He took some odd jobs with his gloves on, and one of the co-workers had noticed this all the time. He had said to the other co-worker, "Do you think he's a mutie?" The guy must have guessed really good, and Kevin have never felt so angry before. The other co-worker answered, "How should I know? I see people everyday, wearing their damn gloves all the time. It could be some infection. Only God knows." Yes, Kevin thought the guy was right. But he will pay his co-worker a visit, and show him what kind of infection it was.

Fred Willis, the great-hard working man just arrived to see his visitor and stopped. He gulped, and couldn't believe it. Kevin looked down at him and said, "Nice place you've got here, Freddy. Should I call you Freddy?""

"What do you want?" Fred said, glaring angrily at the unexpected visitor. His wife just stood in the kitchen, overhearing things of what being said, and watched the kids at the same time. Kevin sighed and said, "We need to talk in a more private space. Do you have one?" Fred pointed towards his main office, where he usually works at home, while he was sick or bored to death. Fred went to the office while Kevin followed him. Kevin closed the door, and looked around the office. It was too small, even for a man, who had just sold the secrets of the Hellfire Club.

"Listen, Kevin," Fred said. "What are you doing here?" Kevin looked back at him, and said, "You must be real stupid to do a thing like that." The 45-year old businessman looked at him, confused. He said, "What the hell are you talking about?!" Kevin shook his head, and shushed him with his finger. "Your pretty wife will hear you. She wouldn't want to know. Does she?" He sat on a comfy chair behind the wall, and looked all over his office, and then back at the man himself. "Now Freddy... I just want to ask a question. Very simple. Okay?"

Fred sighed and said, "Okay... What is it?"

"Hmm... I heard some rumors about Mr. Fred Willis had gone to great lengths in exposing the important information to the highest bidder. Or I could be wrong here. Now... Tell me, Freddy. Why did you do it?"

Fred gulped again. He didn't realize that the most powerful mutant named Selene, would send her subordinate and lover to his house, just to find out the reason. He said, "I... I had to... Okay? I didn't have a choice. The guy forced me."

"Which guy?"

"I don't know. The guy was a total, complete stranger. He always hides himself in the dark. He said that if I didn't give the information to him, he would have my wife and kids... kidnapped."

Kevin laughed and said, "Oh, is that so? Or it could be money that you're asking for."

"Oh come on, Kevin," Fred said. "I have all the money in the world to take care of my family. Why would I want more? You must be crazy to think that way."

Kevin thought for a while, and said, "Hmm... No, you're right. You got a good point there. But you still told him."

Fred sighed again and said, "If you don't leave, Kevin. I'll have to call the police. I'm serious."

Kevin sighed. He got up from the seat, and said, "Okay, Freddy. I guess I'll be going right now. No hard feelings?" He put out his hand in front of the businessman. Fred stared at the gloved hand.

"Don't worry," Kevin said. "I won't bite. Trust me." He grinned. Fred slowly shook his hand. And then Kevin took out his free hand from the left side of the pocket, and touched Fred's neck. The pain shot throughout the businessman's body. Everything began to crumble away, and the skeleton remained.

A few seconds later, Kevin opened the door, and then closed it. He just saw Mrs. Willis, staring at him. Kevin smiled and said, "It's a business matter. Have a nice day, Mrs. Willis." He opened the door that led outside, and walked back towards his car. He thought, One dead. Two more to go." He started the engine, and drove away. Somewhere behind him, the woman screamed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikyo was currently training along with the other mutants in the advanced facility of the SMID base. One of the rooms had holographic projections of certain enemies that they had to destroy, like the Sentinels or recognizable, mutant villains from days of past and present. But here in this very room, it was to control their mutant abilities at the utmost reach. So far, the Japanese mutant have honed his new skills, showing them off in front of the other trainees. One mutant who can alter different parts of reality, had said, "He must be real good." The other mutant, who can change her entire body into different shapes and sizes, said, "Yeah, tell me about it. He's just new here. But he's too quiet though."

Kikyo jumped high over the brick wall, and then unleashed his both adamantium katanas through his wrists. He slashed the brick with a huge impact, and a crack appeared. The trainees hadn't seen anything like it before. They know for the fact that Kikyo was once part of Project X, and one of the mutants, who can project visual information through his eyes, had said, "Yeah, he's just like Logan. But quite different. Those adamantium katanas... That's one thing. Plus, he can sense things like most other wild mutants out there, except he's not wild. He laughed at the thought. The mutant who can manipulate all forms of paper, had said. "Yeah, I know. Right? But I wonder... Why doesn't he talk? Is he deaf or something?"

"Maybe, he doesn't want to talk," one mutant said, standing in front of them. They all looked at her, and saw it was Kitty Pryde, who came to watch the handsome, Japanese mutant, practicing his moves. The other mutant, who goes by the name of Boom Boom said, "Are you in love with him?" She popped out her bubblegum. Kitty looked at her and said, "Oh come on, Tabby. Get a grip. He's too old for me." Tabby snickered and said, "I know you, Kitty. Don't try to fool me. Ain't that right, Rusty?"

Rusty Collins was practicing his flame powers, and then stopped. He said, "Huh? Oh yeah, right."

"You didn't listen, Rusty." Bubblegum popped out of Tabby's mouth, again. Tabitha Smith had just joined with the Secret Mutant Intelligence Division, regarding the fact that she couldn't sometimes control her explosive powers. But then again, she had to try it several times, just to make Pete happy.

"Listen Tabby," Kitty said. "I better go now. I have work to do." She looked at Kikyo for a while, and then left.

While Kikyo was still focusing on his new moves, the comm-link came through the training room and said, "Kikyo. I need you here at my office." Kikyo stopped training and looked up at the ceiling. It was Pete Wisdom's voice. The mutant assassin left the room, while the other trainees continued their exercises.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikyo arrived at the office, looking tired and weary after all that training. Pete knew that he couldn't feel a thing, let alone a guy who didn't know how to take rest for once in a while. "Kikyo, we have a problem."

"I can see that. You asked me to come here."

Pete sighed and said, "Yeah. I did say that, mate. But this is quite dangerous if I tell you about it."

Kikyo was silent as always, but he knew that something was up. He said, "Okay, Pete. Who is it this time?"

Pete said, "His name is Kevin Ford. A long time ago, he used to be an artist. Well, a struggling one at that. But he did some odd jobs here and there. So... yeah."

Kikyo looked at his new boss, wondering why Pete didn't activate the holographic screen of the latest mutant. But the former, covert agent got the look from the Japanese mutant's eyes, and said, "Kikyo... If I showed you the information about Kevin, it could prove fatal to your healing abilities. I know this because there was once a mutant, who had the same healing ability, and he got killed instantly. His healing factor got override somehow, due to Kevin's powers. Do you want me to show it to you?"

Kikyo didn't know what to say about this new information. He figured that he could take down the mutant, just like the first one. But the Kevin character could be entirely different. He said, "Just show me."

Pete sighed and said, "Okay mate. But I'm warning you. It's not pretty." He got up from his chair, and said, "Cerebro. Pull up the information on Kevin Ford, also known as Wither."

Working...

A few seconds later, the holographic screen showed an image of a man, who wore black sleeves and jacket. He also had black hair. Kikyo observed his mutant power carefully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please..." The bald man said. "Don't hurt me." A man who worked at Stark Enterprises, used to be a member of the Hellfire Club for five years. Kevin just arrived at the second traitor's house. A man whose wife was still lying down on a coma, back at the hospital. One of the worst outcomes that came out of this incident was the guy, who sold the information about the Hellfire Club, would think that his wife could be saved. But that wasn't the case. He was fooled by the man, who always hide himself in the dark. It was the second time that Kevin have heard the same guy. Now, Kevin only hoped that the bald man, would give that true description of the culprit. So far, there was nothing.

"Do you know who he is?" Kevin said. "If you tell me, I'll let you live."

"I swear. I... I don't know. Please. My wife... She's in a coma."

Kevin snickered and said, "You should have thought of that, when you first joined the Hellfire Club." The man was crawling back towards the wall. He was literally crying, and then bent down towards Kevin's shoes. "Please... I'll do anything."

"Tell me what he looks like!" Kevin said. "Or else..."

"Please..." The man looked up, sweating all over. "Anything but that."

"Hmm..." Kevin said. "It looks like you don't have any other choice." He pulled out of his glove, and touched the bald man's head.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The man was turned into a skeletal corpse. Kevin left him behind, and came out of the house. He walked back towards the car, and sat on the front seat. He thought, Okay. One more to go. But as he was about to start the engine, a text message just came through the video screen. The message said this.

Urgent message from Gene Nation

ACCEPT DECLINE

Hmm... Kevin thought. This is interesting. What do they want from me? Oh well... He accepted the message, and read the details of the previous incident, which happened back at the mutant sex club.

I see, Kevin thought. I guess the last traitor will have to wait for now. But I'll have to remind Selene about this latest news. He dialed up the line through the video screen. A few seconds later, the call came through, and the woman said, "Yes?"

Kevin said, "Hey love. Just to let you know that I've killed the last two traitors."

"I see," Selene said. "That's good. I knew that I would count on you."

"Yes, but..." He stopped, thinking whether Selene would allow him to take the job from the Gene Nation. He continued, "I just got a message from Gene Nation. They have this assassin problem to deal with."

"Hmm..." Selene said, wondering about this surprise news. "Go on."

"Well... one of their members named Empath was killed by the assassin. They need desperate help."

"And you're that person, I bet."

"Yes, love. Should I do it?"

There was a moment of silence. Then Selene said, "I don't mind you doing their job, Kevin. But we have one more traitor left. We don't have much time."

"Don't worry, love. I have the information already. Once, I'm done with this assassin, I'll go and get the last one."

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Mikage, Chapter 4- Dust to Dust.

We have another traitor on our midst, and this time it's the Hellfire Club. Who is this dark stranger, getting the information from these traitors? You'll find out. Next, Kevin has just got a new job in his hands, and he'll have to kill the mutant assassin for good. Find out in the next chapter of Mikage.

Translation

1. `Anata ni wa kanjō ga nai koto ga wakarimasu. Sore wa anata ni totte kibishī ni chigai arimasen.'

"I can see that you have no feelings. It must be tough for you."

2. `Hai. Nani mo kanjimasen.'

"Yes. I don't feel a thing."

3. `Watashitoisshoni dono yō ni torēningu shitaidesu ka?'

"How would you like to train with me?"

4. `Kare wa watashi no shitsumon ni kotaemasen. Kare wa tada soko ni suwatte, kangaete imasu... Ano shōnen wa kimyōdesu.'

"He doesn't respond to my questions. He just sits there, thinking... That boy is strange."