joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

The Log of Cpt. Mar-Vel    
                 As the engineers gathered round the ship the rest of us set up camp and set about making a meal of the sparse provisions Ronan had stored, we were all in awe of him this legendary warrior. It is said that the reward the Skrull have on his head is enough to buy your own planet. The stories of his accomplishments echo throughout the Empire, and yet he seems not to care. After our meal he sat down across from me and we had a conversation, I told him of my infant daughter Phyla who had just begun to walk and my son Genis who had just entered the finest military academy on Hala where Ronan himself had graduated from. He started to say something but stopped while looking over my shoulder. I turned and saw a cloaked man with gold skin and an oval gem embedded in his forehead floating above our camp. I can't explain why but I somehow knew this man was powerful possibly even beyond that creature that had destroyed our fleet, I couldn't say if the others felt it but to me it seemed almost oppressive.  

The man stated in no uncertain terms that we did not belong here, when Ronan asked why the man told us that this moon was the tomb of the mad Titan. This brought laughter from the camp, as children we had all heard the old men tell stories of this Mad Titan to scare us into behaving. The laughter didn't faze him he went on to explain that the monster Thanos had been buried here alive to stop his reign of terror and it was unknown whether or not he still lived for they had never found any weakness in him and it wasn't known if age would harm him. Ronan halted the laughter and told the man that we'd be on our way as soon as the ship was repaired, the man then warned us to be cautious because this moon had defenses to keep would be trespassers away and with that he was gone.  

Later as we watched the engineers start the last few repairs we heard a yell from the far end of the camp, the soldier shouted a word that filled us all with dread. He shouted the word "Brood". 
Those horrible creatures more vile than even the Skrull, them being in this sector has been unheard of for a thousand cycles. Perhaps this was the defense the gold man spoke of. We formed a perimeter around the ship in hopes of buying the engineers time to finish the repairs. They attacked with ferocity but we managed to hold them at bay at first, Ronan had even killed a few with his bare hands while shouting that we Kree will never submit to these mere insects, but by the third wave even he was beginning to  tire. Suddenly the ground shook as if a giant strode across it and the brood halted and scattered away as if frightened by something. We weren't sure what it was but the egineers told us the ship was ready and the survivors quickly loaded in and we flew off with as much speed as we could muster.

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Blizaga101

awsome stuff really enjoyable especially when you included the brood.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe
@Blizaga101: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it 
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator
@joshmightbe: Great chapter! I liked how you put this log into nice and concise format. Well done.