Marvel Evolution: Spider-Man #1

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sentryssj4

Hello everybody I'm going to be writing Spider-Man probably a few others as well, anyways just so you know this is WAY different than other Spider-Man fics. So I can't promise that you will all like it, but I hope you enjoy regardless. Please tell me what you think. Rated T for mild violence. 

Sometimes, Peter Parker felt like he didn't understand the world. It made no sense to him, he thought, as he sat in the plastic chair and hugged his teddy bear. He was a good boy; he did what he was told to do by his aunt and uncle. He ate all of his vegetables, he went to bed when he was supposed to, took baths even when he didn't think he needed to and behaved in public and for his teachers.

What didn't make sense was that bad things still happened to him. A lot. When he was even littler, his mom and dad and died, though he barely remembered that time. Then, though, he'd had an aunt and uncle that he'd been sent to. So he'd figured that things were OK; he missed his mom and dad but Aunt May and Uncle Ben loved him.

Then they'd gone on vacation; Uncle Ben had saved for a long time for the trip to the Grand Canyon and Peter had really been looking forward to it. It was supposed to be fun – then the accident happened. He was sitting in the back and had been pulled out in time. But his uncle had died in the wreck, they said, and his aunt on the way to the hospital. With no relatives left and they bodies badly mutilated, the funeral had been short and quick. And he'd ended up here, brought to a home by a lady who said she was from some place called social services, with only a vague promise that they would give him his stuff from home soon.

The home was a busy place, Peter thought as he watched the other kids play. He hugged the bear tighter; he wasn't sure he liked it there. He didn't know anybody and he missed his aunt and uncle. Everything was confusing and scary and nobody seemed to notice him. He wondered if anybody would tuck him in when he went to bed. This thought brought a fresh wave of grief and he buried his face in the fur of the bear so that the other kids wouldn't see him cry. His head was still buried, so he didn't noticed the other boy walked over to him, only realizing he was there when the newcomer poked him in the shoulder.

"Hey."

Peter lifted his teary eyes to see another boy, about his age, with brown eyes and curly hair.

"Hi." Peter gave him a little nod.

"You're from New York too, aren't you?" He sat down next to Peter, who nodded.

"How'd you know?" Peter looked at the boy in wide-eyed awe while he wiped his running nose with his sleeve.

"I heard you talking when you came in. You speak like people back home." The boy picked up a truck that was at his feet and played with it. "People out here talk funny." He dropped the truck and looked at Peter. "Why are you here?" He leaned in without waiting for a response. "Don't tell anybody, but I ran away. Did you run away too?"

Peter shook his head. "My aunt and uncle died."

"Oh." The other boy's face fell. "Where are your mom and dad?"

"They died too." Peter hunched his shoulders. "But a long time ago."

The boy nodded as though he understood. "My mommy died when I was born. My dad's alive. But he doesn't love me," the boy told Peter in a matter-of-fact tone.

Peter looked at him, confused. "But he's your dad."

He shrugged. "Doesn't love me."

"He's gotta though. He's your dad," he repeated.

"Lots of dads don't," the boy explained as though he thought Peter were an idiot. "That's why there are places like this. For kids whose moms and dads die or if their parents don't love them or treat them bad. They get taken away and come here."

"Oh." Peter played with the bear's ear. "How'd you get here? Aren't you from New York?"

"Took a bus." The boy stretched. "Came here. Got picked up; last driver saw I was alone. But I didn't say anything." He grinned at Peter. "Can you keep a secret?" He whispered.

Peter nodded enthusiastically; he was lonely, but this boy was from back home and he very much wanted a friend.

"My name is Harry."

"That's not a secret!" Peter frowned. "Everybody has a name!"

"Yeah, but I haven't told anybody mine. Not my real one."

"You lied?" Peter looked slightly aghast.

"'Course I lied, silly." He stuck his tongue out. "Don't want my dad to find me. Right?"

"Oh." Peter pondered this for a moment and decided it did make sense. "So what did you tell them?"

"Lots of names," Harry said casually. "Omar and Tim and Reginald and Seamus… lots and lots. I'll tell them. Some time. But they won't know if I'm lying or not." He sounded rather proud of himself. "But you can call me by my real name." He said this as though it were a privilege.

"I'm just Peter."

Harry nodded and regarded him pensively. "You're nice," he said at last in a decisive tone. "We should be best friends," he informed Peter in a voice that made it sound as though the matter was settled. "Come on."

He took Peter by the hand and they went off to build a puzzle until it was time to go to bed.

All characters belong to Marvel and therefore are not mine.

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

Yep, that is definitely a different take. I'll try to keep an eye out for more from this... I'm following, I don't know how many, fan-fics while trying to write my own, lol.

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sentryssj4
@Jackson_Hartley:  
Thanks man and just so you know there is already a part 2 out.