Marvel Converso: The Purple Man 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Essex St Station, Hackensack, New Jersey.

"What seems to be the matter officers?" Zebediah Kilgrave walked up to group of officers herding people down the platform.

"You're purple!" One exclaimed in surprise.

Zebediah sighed. "I'm your superior officer and you will simply address me as sir."

"Yes sir!"

"Now one of you please tell me what is happening?"

"Yes sir. There is a kid on drugs who has taken a carriage full of people hostage. We've got tactical on the way."

Zebediah nodded. "Keep going with your plan. I will see what I can do."

The cops continued and Zebediah walked down the platform. He could see a young man with his gun held sideways and his pants too low for no real good reason moving around the carriage like he was caught in the bumpers of a pinball machine. Inside with him were nine other people, all terrified with their heads down. Fishing through his pocket he removed a black marker before heading to the bin and removing a piece of cardboard. After writing his sign he went and tapped on the door.

BLAM! BLAM!

Zebediah ducked as the window shattered near his head.

"I told you cops to #^%* off!" roared the man from inside the carriage.

"HEY! I'm the pizza guy!" Zebediah slowly raised the cardboard sign that said pizza. "I'm just the pizza guy. I got a pizza delivery."

Several tense seconds passed by. Zebediah waited patiently, his powers of control, coercion and persuasion worked but against people of unstable minds or on drugs the results could be erratic.

"What kind of pizza man?"

Zebediah smiled to himself as he slowly stood up. "The best kind."

"Egg and carrot, 'mazing!"

"Just like you ordered. Don't shoot. I'm going to come in. Don't shoot."

Zebediah slowly entered the carriage to see the young man waving the gun around like he was playing a motion capture computer game. "See, large pizza for you. Don't shoot. What's your name?"

"Renzo."

"Renzo, can you hear me?"

"Yeah!"

"To eat the pizza, you'll need to put the gun down. Can you put the gun down?"

Renzo pointed the gun straight at the Purple Man before dropping it like it was hot. Zebediah stepped forward quickly, grabbed Renzo by the head and gazed deep into his eyes. "Sleep! Sleep Renzo."

The young man collapsed into his arms. "Everyone okay? Alright quickly and quietly, everyone go out to the officers down the end of the platform. You will all take up any offers for professional counselling, it will help. Trust me."

They all quietly filed off the train. Zebediah lay Renzo down on a seat before exiting the train from the opposite side and slipping away.

--

"...ots fired but moments later the hostages calmly got off the train before the police tactical assault team stormed the train to find the shooter, Renzo Malik Lopez, asleep on the floor. Police are looking for a purple man who diffused the situation according to eye witnesses. I'm Alan Amberson for North Jersey News, your local news."

Agent Jemma Simmons closed the news link on her computer and opened a new search. She had to be cautious and sensible about her snooping, especially since she was running comms on a shadow ops with Baron Zemo and there were a lot of eyes. But watching a local news program was fairly innocuous.

"Simmons, your tracking device needs work." Zemo's dismissive tone crackled into her ear. She brought up a series of screens. "The b@stard's right in front of me."

"That's not Doctor Whelan," Jemma explained as several red flags and alerts popped up on her screen. "It's the first operative we sent in. Take her out, Zemo!"

In a perfect world they'd kill each other, SHIELD couldn't get that lucky; then again she'd get raked over the coals by HYDRA if this mission went souther than it was already headed. Jemma Simmons typed in some passwords, brought up some new screens.

"Commander Strucker. I need clearance to activate the third contingency?"

(For more on what's happening, see Marvel Converso Team Up)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Good issue! I like the creative method Zebediah used to handle the shooter, while also being somewhat curious as to what the inclusion at the end foreshadows?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Mainly it's just to continue the directive given by Nick Fury and to show how deep in Jemma is in BOTH organisations.

And yeah Purple Man needs to be creative otherwise it's almost too easy having him walk up to whoever and say "Freeze!" or "Die!" and it ends there. This Zebediah is a lot more thoughtful about his powers and their effects on people

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@batkevin74: As long as he doesn't tell anyone to go screw themselves we'll be fine.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Hmm Killgrave is very interesting, and possibly the greatest hero of all. I mean we never see Professor X or anyone else with telepathy helping out in this way.

Kudos on another great issue

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers