Marvel Converso: Spectacular Six#5

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Rhino was getting airsick.

One of the downside with being a big superstrong dude was the big-part. It meant that there were a lot of things and buildings where he wouldn’t be able to fit in. Such as the helicopter he was dangling underneath. Alex O’Hirn tried not to burp, as he tried to focus on the upcoming battle with NY’s number one psychopath; Spider-Man.

No one really got what the deal was with the spider guy. Only that he was dangerous. At first, he gave it as avenging anti-hero, but then he started to do… odd thinks. Like killing Jameson just because he wrote in his newspaper that he didn’t like Spider-Man. Then, he killed a whole bunch of high school students AND their gym teacher. Then, he went back to the whole anti-hero thing by breaking into a prison, killing a bunch of the inmates as well as the guards. And then he attacked a clinic for former drug addicts. FORMER drug addicts.

And now… he robbed a store for… DVDs?

“O’Hirn!”

Rhino looked up. It was the old dude who called himself Vulture who had jumped out of the helicopter, now flying.

“O’Hirn, they are going to drop you. Then I will stay airborn. That way, he won’t be safe on the ground as well as hen he is swinging. Ready?”

Rhino didn’t get to answer, as the steel wires that held him let go of him and he fell as a rock. Vulture started to fly in circles as a, well… As his namesake.

“Attention, citizens!” Shocker’s voice could be heard from the helicopter’s loudspeakers. “Please leave the area and remain calm! The Spectacular Six ae the situation under control!”

That was less than true. Rhino had been webbed in the face and couldn’t see a thing, while Vulture was about to crash.

“God, we are so dead…” Sandman rolled his eyes, as he jumped out of the helicopter. Shocker jumped out as well, using his gauntlets to create sonic waves that slowed down his fall, making him survive a superhero landing. Very unpractical and it did hurt on the knee when you landed, but it looked freaking cool. Doc Ock landed the chopper on the nearest building, and used his mechanical legs to run and leap from buildings in haste to the battle against the most unpredictable lunatic in NY.

As he arrived, it looked like his team mates had gained the upper hand. Sandman dealt out attacks in the form of hammers and large fists made out of sand while being immune to all of the Arachne-themed villain’s attacks. Shocker assisted Vulture in repairing his flightsuit.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

“General Ross, so glad you could make it.”

The old soldier stepped inside Osborn’s office with a less than cheerful look on his face. He had no reason to be happy, since he for the last couple of months had, without much success, tried to hunt down the possibly most dangerous man(if you could call that creature man) on the planet, and lost a star due to the many millions of dollars the creature had cost the military by thrashing highly advanced and expensive weapons and tanks as if they had been puny toys.

“Hello, Osborn. What do you want?”

“Oh, it’s not about what I want-”

“I find that hard to believe…”

“It’s about what YOU want. And need.” Osborn pressed a button on a remote he held in his left hand. The light was turned off, and three big screens attached to the wall on the left were turned on. “Take a seat, general. And enjoy the show.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Spider-Man crouched low as his internal spider sense buzzed in his ears as he got to his feet after the hit from Sandman.

The group fanned out around him; Vulture in the air above, Rhino peeling webbing off his face with his big fingers, Sandman making himself larger to prevent escape, Electro’s hands crackling away with raw power as The Shocker let out a low hum whilst Doctor Octopus brought up the rear.

“You’re going to jail for a very long time!” Sandman said pointing a large sandy finger. “So you can do this the easy way or the hard wa-”

Spider-Man threw out a web line catching Electro’s wrist and jerking it; the energy based mutant’s hands flared up as he made contact with Sandman flash frying him in place.

“MARCO!” Electro yelled. “Oh man, I’m…” He didn’t get to finish as Spider-Man hauled him forward like he was tuna fishing. Vulture swooped in and saved him, millimetres from Spider-Man’s fist nearly knocking him into the ground. Rhino charged in as Shocker let off some concussive blasts of which Spider-Man leapt away like he was playing a game.

“Work as a team!” yelled Octopus as a tendril lashed out clipping Spider-Man’s jaw.

Spider-Man grabbed the metal arm and pulled hard, using it like a giant whip smacking Otto into Rhino and taking them both out. “I was just gonna swing away, but now I think I’ll kill you super cops!”

“Welcome to try,” yelled Vulture as he flew down unleashing a hail of razor feathers. Spider-Man bounced and flipped out of the way before placing his flat hand on the old man’s face. Then he pulled his hand back and the Vulture screamed out in pain, covering his face. Whatever made Spider-Man cling to walls apparently worked on human flesh as well.

“BASTARD!” Shocker fired a blast, Spider-Man leapt high using his webs and slingshot away.

“He’s getting away!”

Spider-Man as he shot a webline that had a bungee effect, and he flew back towards Shocker like a red and blue bullet. Rhino pushed his teammate to safety and Spider-Man’s feet slammed into the concrete belly. Rhino flew into a building as Spider-Man landed awkwardly.

“All of you are wasting my time.” He moaned before ducking under a bolt of lightning that if not for his uncanny danger sense would’ve taken his head off. “You must be Electra.”

“Electro,” said Max.

“If you say so.” Spider-Man wrapped a fist in webbing to make a boxing glove. “I don’t really care!”

…………………..

“So, general…” Osborn asked. He smiled as the snake he was. “What’s the verdict?”

Theodor Ross sat in a comfortable chair, watching the video footage of the six men Osborn had hired to fight Spider-Man on three big screens.

“… Well, I’m not interested in hiring any of them, if that is what you mean. They don’t work that well together, they seem troubled with taking care of a single threat, and most of them lack actual combat experience as well as military training.”

“No, no, no. I’m not talking about hiring these men specifically. I need them myself. No, I’m talking about their powers and equipment. I know that you have some trouble with a certain jade vandal. Trust me, I have my own green monster to deal with, so I can set myself in your place-”

“I doubt that…”

“What I’m offering is an upgrade of your already VERY competent soldiers. In these times, being organized and trained can only get you so far. Bu how would you like soldiers who can turn into AND control sand? Or how about human rhinos who can take down tanks? Or if you prefer weapons, then you can get gauntlets that can create shockwaves or additional superstrong limbs?”

“… I would say that you have my attention.”

Osborn smiled. He often did that. But this time, it was a smile of satisfaction.

Creating the team that the news would very soon address as the Spectacular Six was the best idea he had had for years. Not only would Mayor Fisk be in his depth, not only would it create even more positive attention to his company, but it would also mean that many of the superhuman experiments he had been forbidden from doing for so long would be glorified in order to create a squad of heroes who could take care of NY’s eternally many menaces, like the White Tiger, the Black Cat, Rage and (once the Daily Bugle had destroyed his reputation as a hero) the Green Goblin. And he could sell powers to the military as well while being the savior of New York, praised for cleaning the streets for the many villains that appeared every day. And last but not least; HYDRA had contacted him. They wanted to negotiate terms for an upcoming partnership. Seemed like they could use his help.

Just like he had foreseen.

…………………………………………………………………………………

Sandman was frozen in his glass form as he watched Spiderman webbing Rhino’s face once more. Only this time, the webbing was extra thick. He saw his old friend swinging his arms in panic as he was about to chock. Octopus attempted to make a sneak attack, but Spider-Man apparently had eyes in the neck, as he grabbed one of the metal arms and ripped it off, using it as a club on the Rhino.

“Alright, THAT’S IT!” Shocker turned the power on his gauntlets to MAX. “Kiddy gloves off!”

That was most likely a bad idea. But then again, Shocker WAS a bit desperate. They had been prepared to fight a psychopath without self-control. A brute.

But he was apparently quite calculating once he was forced to. Extremely agile, and had an eye for details as he could deduct how to fight them. Sandman was a glass statue, Rhino was dizzy after almost chocking to death, Vulture had to retreat after his face had been damaged, Electro knocked out, and Doc Ock was one arm short.

The time for tactics and team play was long overdue. Now Shocker just had to hit him hard.

… Aaand then, he ran away. Swung away, to be exact.

… Shocker turned off his gauntlets, realizing that it was good the same, as they had caused destruction enough. Two buildings had been severely damaged.

“Hey, Doc?” Shocker decided to check on his team mates. “You alright?”

“I’m fine…” Octavius groaned. “… Why did we agree to this?”

“To fund your research?”

“… Right… How bad is it?”

“We got our behinds handed to us, and he got away. Also…” Shocker pointed at the crowd of civilians who had come.

Shocker and Doc watched the many bystanders who just stared at them, waiting for hell to break loose.

Needless to say, they were quite surprised as the people starte t clap and cheer.

“Did you see that?!” A young black man yelled. “Those dudes scared away the Spider-Freak!”

Shocker and Doc shared looks. Were these people stupid? Did they not realize that they had done more harm than good?

They shrugged, then waved.

……………………………………………………………………………………

“You made a vice decision, Ross.”

Osborn led Ross to the elevator that would get them to the basement lab where all the equipment for the production of super-soldiers was ready.

Or that’s what he thought.

Osborn didn’t like surprises. Mostly because there was no such thing as a good surprise in his life.

And it was most defiantly a surprise when he and Ross entered a lab that had been ripped apart.

“Mr. Osborn!” A security guard greeted him, looking like he was attending his own funeral. “Sir, please, it’s not our fault, we don’t-”

“Who… Did… it?!” Osborn looked like he was about to explode. His usually very calm and smug facade was gone.

Ross coughed. “No offence, Osborn, but I don’t think that the US military will have any interest doing business with you.”

…………………………………………………………………………………

Osborn was not a drinker. Being a drunk was bad for business.

But he had had one drink too many tonight. But for some reason, it seemed like alcohol only sharpened his mind instead of slowing it.

He sat alone in his office with an empty bottle of whisky. He didn’t pity himself, not at all. No, he was furious.

It had been destroyed. Ripped apart. OsCorp’s superhuman lab facility had been reduced to a ruin. Blown to pieces. Somehow, a certain someone had gotten pass security, planted explosives that had been set to detonate the moment general Ross had entered his office.

And that certain someone was the jade pestilence who had bothered him for months;

The Green Goblin.

But that wasn’t the worst of it.

Beside planning the destruction of the lab equipment, the Goblin had hacked into OsCorps database and destroyed all files on the experiments and the equipment. Years of hard work, gone.

How Osborn knew that the Green Goblin was to blame? Simple; All the files on OsCorps database had been replaced with one single Word document that said: No more Frankensteins, Normie. Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood GG.

Still, today had not been a complete disappointment. Sure, his glorified group of human trash collectors called the Spectacular Six had not captured the sociopathic Spider-Man, but they had fought him while looking oh so flashy as superheroes do. The word had too many meta-criminals compared to the amount of superheroes, so whenever a masked hero appeared, everyone almost instantly loved him or her.

It wasn’t going to go as smoothly as he had hope, but in a few months, he would be known for more than just being richer than god. The mayor would eat from his hand, HYDRA would soon realize that they couldn’t do without him, and one day…

“… President Osborn…” Norman laughed. “Has a nice ring, doesn’t it?”

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@waezi2: Can I have the SS for a while until you get back up to speed?

Sure I've got HYDRA, the X-Men, 75% of the Fantastic Four, Magneto and his growing Brotherhood, Titania, Dr Doom, the Vault, the Mad Thinker, Obadiah Stane, Tony Stark and a few others; but the Spectacular Six! Oh the places we could go!!

A few typos/word errors like vice decision instead of wise decision and Theodore has an E at the end. Osborn for President could work, except for the fact he may be a green gliding psycopath with delusions of goodness :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I really liked this. The fight between the Six and Spider-Man was really good, with all members being relevant and having their own moment to shine.

Curious about seeing the Green Goblin become a hero in the future. Love the idea of Norman becoming President, we should get started on that.

Loved the Hulk, Elektra and Deadpool references as well.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#5  Edited By TDK_1997

@waezi2: The action sequence was handled well and I liked how dangerous and unstopable Spider-Man actually is. Also the dialogue felt pretty natural which is always a good thing.

One minor problem that I had though, I don't really get how Thunderbolt Ross was supposed to be of need of Norman's help. He is supposed to be a general of the U.S army and I think he should be able to get funding if he has problems with Hulk. It's nothing crucial or anything but it made me wonder.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Not funding, weapons. Or in this case, power-soldiers. You are right, money is not a big problem, that's why Norman want him to buy his powers and weapons.

Still better than Trump;)

Curious about seeing the Green Goblin become a hero in the future. Love the idea of Norman becoming President, we should get started on that.

Main reason to why I wanted to write this series:)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

@waezi2: For a person with such a big ego isn't it strange that he would go straight to Ross and ask him if he wants to make his very own super soldiers?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: BTW, you can have the S6 and Osborn. You will do them right, I'm sure.

@tdk_1997:Well, it was implied that he has tried to get the jade giant for some time now, and that he lost a star.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@waezi2: Oh I'm going to have some fun, will PM you something shortly :)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I was talking about Norman. LOL. No problem, as I said its not anything major just got me thinking.