waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

“So… hey, what’s up with those arms, doc?”

Flint felt unease as the scientist Octavius’ four mechanical arm moved around like snakes, poking him, attaching electrodes to his skin. They were inside some giant dome in a lab. The doc was accompanied by Herman Schults, his assistant, who checked that that the machines inside the dome was prepared for the grand experiment.

“Don’t mind them.” Octavius said. “They just help me multitask. Quite useful, once you get used to them. Now, Mr Marko… Prepare to make history?”

“Sure… but what exactly is going on again?”

“You will, if the experiment is a success, be infused with millions of microscopic silicon granules, creating sub-dermal silicon armour, making you impervious.”

“… Eh?”

“What doc here is saying is that you will be untouchable. Nothing and no one can harm you physically.” Schults explained, as he checked the electrodes attached to Flint.

“Oh… cool!”

Schults and Octavius left Flint inside the dome. Flint noticed that they looked nervous, which alarmed him a bit. Before he got the chance to tell them that he needed to pee, the two scientists activated the machine. Giant beams of energy zapped Flint. He screamed in pain. Octavius and Shultz watched in horror as Flint’s body slowly fell apart. In the end, there was nothing left of Flint Marko but a huge pile of sand-like substance.

“Oh no…” Octavius turned the machine of. “Not again. This is our fifth experiment that didn’t bear fruit.”

Schults shrugged. “To be fair, Morris Bench IS technically alive. He is just, you know… liquid.”

“That’s not funny, Herman.” Octavius said irritated. “Osborn won’t be pleased if we can’t-”

“Hey, doc…”

“Don’t interrupt me, I’m seriu-”

“Doc, LOOK!”

Octavius turned his attention toward the dome.

And gasped.

The sand inside the dome was moving. If one looked closely, he would notice that a face was drawn in the sand. One that made a silent scream.

“… Herman.”

“Yeah, doc?”

“Take notes.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Toomes was not in a good mood.

After all, would you be trilled if you stood face to face with a charlatan who had made contracts with the military instead of you? The very same man who had who had just recently bought up your company??

And besides… could anyone, with just a slight amount of sanity, stand to be alone in the same room with Norman Osborn in more than 5 minutes?

“What’s the matter, Adrian?” Osborn smiled one of his fake, self-satisfied smiles. “Someone peed in your coffee?”

“What is it you want, Osborn?” Adrian Toomes looked like he was ready to eat the man in front of him. “I’m warning, you, I have practically nothing left to lose, and I’m sure you know that.”

“Please, PLEASE.” Osborn chuckled. “I’m here to talk business.”

“BUSINESS?! YOU TOOK MY COMPANY AWAY FROM ME!” Toomes grabbed Osborn by the collar. Unwise, since he was not a young man, and Osborn was a head taller than him. “I ought to…. I should… I… I…”

“Toomes… take it easy.” Osborn got himself free from the elderly man’s grip. “You might just get a heart attack. Now, listen to me… I’m not taking it away from you.”

“What?!”

“Toome Tech belongs to the both of us. You lead it, I pay the bills. We both know that even though you are an brilliant engineer that finances never was your expertise. So I will let you work, create as much machinery as you can in whatever is left of your life, and I will take care of the finances. Like partners.”

Toomes was quite for a moment. Then, he said;

“What’s the catch?”

“Adrian, can’t I just do this out of the goodness of my heart? Or maybe I realized that a brilliant man like you should be allowed to share his creations with the rest of the world?”

“Poppycock! Your Norman Osborn! You always want something!”

“Heh, true. Adrian, I need your flight technology to take care of this city’s spider problem. I need you to make me the best damn flight suit without money being a problem. And I need you to get me the best man possible to fly it.”

Toomes raised one of his very thin eyebrows. “You need my help to get rid of Spider-Man?”

“Exactly.”

Toomes bared his teeth in a smile. “That would be my pleasure. You will get that suit, Osborn. And I will even fly it myself.”

“You? Toomes, you are an old man…”

“I may be old, but I’m the best damn pilot you will ever meet, I assure you. And I want my pound of flesh! Spider-Man killed my grandson!”

Osborn chuckled. "Oh, I know."

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“You know… I’m getting pretty good at this!”

Flint was getting used to his new sand-body. At first, he had been terrified. But as he learned to regain his old body, he realized that he could shapeshift as he pleased.

“Facinating!” Doctor Octavius was as happy as a child who had just received that extremely expensive action figure he always wanted. ”He can will his body hardened, compacted, dispersed or shaped or a combination of those qualities, an earth manipulation of sand and rock particles. This is incredible!”

“We did it, doc!” Schults shared his enthusiasm. “Our first success! We made a super-guy!”

“Indeed! Next, we will test the rhino-suit. I assure you, Herman, we have finally-”

“Hey!”

Flint interrupted the men as they celebrated.

“So… Tell me something, eggheads.” Flint smile, as he turned his left hand into a mace. “What exactly is going to stop me from using these new nifty powers from kicking your cans and rob bank, making me rich in no time?”

The reaction Flint got from the doctor and his assistance was not quite what he had expected.

“… You can’t be serious!” Octavius said, as if he was looking at some third-graders homework that was worth less than a F. “We just gave you powers beyond your wildest dreams, and you want to use them to commit petty crimes?”

“That’s just plain stupid, dude!” Schultz shook his head. “Just become a superhero, and money will most likely not be a problem. Plenty of masked guys have sponsors or makes a living as bounty hunters.”

“Not to mention that it would be a waste of your talent and time.”

“We practically made you a rockstar, wouldn’t you rather like to be praised instead of constantly have the cops on your neck? And I can name at least FOUR superheroes who can kick your ass.”

“You though prison was bad? How would you like a science cell, specially designed to keep you from gaining physical form?”

“It won’t be nice, I’m telling ya.”

“Not to mention…” Octavius crossed his arms, while his robotic tentacles made threatening gestures. “We gave you your powers, and we can easily take them away from you again.”

“We know all your weaknesses, so don’t mess with us!” Schultz was now wearing some sort of high-tech gauntlets. “So… still wanna rob banks? You wanna freaking go!? Or how about you do something useful with your life?”

Flint just stood there. He had absolutely no comeback prepared to that landmine of logic. All he had was a Umm that he had to fight not to release from his lips.

“… it…” Flint chose his words carefully. “It was just a hypertital question.”

“It’s hypothetical, dumbass!”

Flint had not been this embarrassed since he dropped his pants in fourth grade.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3 wildvine  Moderator

Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, Sandman and possibly Hydro Man? Hmm, wonder who gets the last slot.

Toomes bared his teeth in a smile. “That would be my pleasure. You will get that suit, Osborn. And I will even fly it myself.”

Aha! Why would he let an old man--

“I may be old, but I’m the best damn pilot you will ever meet, I assure you. And I want my pound of flesh! Spider-Man killed my grandson!”

Dammit! You preempted me. And you kinda covered yourself as to their loyalty to the cause. Well played. Still hate Osborne though. : P

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Nice! I like the way you set up the characters and am looking forward to seeing the final roster.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Really good. It's building. Would I have preferred "good" versions becoming the SS: yes but these guys are pretty cool too.

Good job

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: You may need to check the spelling of Schultz, it's mispelt in some places