Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TDK_1997
No Caption Provided

The Barton Brothers: Part 2

Clint was standing with his back towards his brother.

“Raise your hands slowly.” Barney told Clint with a calm voice. “There’s no need for sudden moves.”

“Hiya there, Barney! Long time no see.” Clint was speaking cheerfully as he was raising his hands.

“Stop with that childish voice.” Barney wasn’t moving a muscle. He was examining every single move of his brother.

Clint raised his hands and suddenly he turned around as he grabbed an arrow from his quiver, readied it and shot it towards his brother. His brother on the other end managed to dodge it and it hit the wall.

“Getting sloppy, are we?” Barney asked.

“You think that was meant for you?!” Clint smiled as he was lying next to the Swordsman.

Barney turned around and saw a red dot flashing on the arrow. It was already too late when he learnt that the arrow was an explosive one. The explosion sent him flying towards the side wall and knocked him out.

“Come on, Jaques. Let’s get going. That must have set off the alarms.” Clint was trying to put Jaques on his feet. They were heading out of the cell when Clint saw that the guards were unlocking the door in front of them.

“Okay, new direction.” Clint started walking to the side towards one of the ventilation shafts.

“What are you doing here, Clint?” Jaques asked Clint as he was climbing up the shaft.

“You didn’t think we’d leave you here, right? The heist didn’t go as planned but you know the best that we never leave anyone behind.” Clint and Swordsman were trying to find their way out of the shaft and right after that – the prison.

_____

The guards managed to unlock the door and headed towards the opened cell. They found Barney there who just got up.

“Hawkeye, what are you doing here?” one of the guards asked him.

“No time for explaining myself. I’ve got two idiots to catch.” Barney hurled out of the cell.

_____

“Come on, come on, where’s the stupid exit!” Clint Barton was getting frustrated more and more with each passing second as he and his companion weren’t able to get out of this shaft.

The exit was in front of them and the smile on Clint’s face finally came round. He kicked the tin end of it. When they both walked out of the shaft and turned around they saw something unpleasant – Barney Barton was already waiting for them.

“Now, Clint, I would like you to stay calm and don’t shoot at me. I am not here to put you in jail as well. I need your help little brother.” After hearing these words Clint was more than just surprised.

“Aaaa…well….I did not really expect to hear those words from your mouth.” Said Clint. He made a brief pause and then continued “I first need to hear what we have to do.”

Jaques interrupted them “You two can talk later. Now we should go because if you haven’t forgotten the guards are after me and Clint.”

Barney turned around and started running “Follow me. We have to get out of this shithole.” Clint and Jaques did not hesitate and ran after him towards a flying car in which they got in.

As they entered the car the guards had just walked out on the deck of the prison. They stopped at the end of the dock and started shooting at the car but none of their bullets managed to hit the flying craft.

“I can’t believe it. Hawkeye, one of this nation’s heroes just helped a prisoner escape.” One of the guards said.

_____

Barney Barton’s Apartment

Barney, Jaques and Clint walked into the apartment which was messy and there was leftover food everywhere. Barney left his bow and quiver on the coffee table and the same did Clint. He jumped on the sofa and immediately put his legs on the small table.

“Wow, I haven’t been here since… When was it? Two years, right?” Clint was smiling.

“And you won’t stay here for long. My identity isn’t exactly public there is more than enough people who know who Hawkeye is. And right now, after helping both of you they will be after me and you.” Barney was concerned but when he looked at Jaques his face right away changed. He was infuriated.

“That wasn’t smart of you Barney. We need to go to Buck’s hideout.” Jaques told them as he walked around the apartment and examined what was on the walls and shelves.

Barney changed his position as he was now blocking Jaques’ pathway. “Sit. I will brief on why I need you but first I need to change.”

Barney was gone for a few minutes but when he came back he was in an all black armored suit and he was holding a helmet in his hand.

“Clint, listen. It’s really serious and we cannot wait any longer.” Barney made a brief pause “She’s got her. Natasha’s got Kate and she will use her in that program of hers.”

As Clint was remembering the good old times in Barney’s apartment and was smiling everything changed drastically. He didn’t know what to say except…

“Where is she holding her?”

To Be Continued....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@tdk_1997: Which Barton is Hawkeye now? So hard to distinguish with both of them running around with bows and arrows

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: It's Barney. It is said in the second segment by the guards when they call him Hawkeye. Also, soon Clint will get a name for himself as well.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TDK_1997

bumpity bump

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Okay. So Barney is an established superhero using 'Hawkeye' as his code name? I can dig that. Makes me curious about whether the series is going to revolve around him or Clint. I liked the character mention towards the end of the issue as we know where it leads to.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I am glad that you liked the issue. I am having some problems handling so many characters at once but I will manage. However, all I think about is if I will make each one of them relevant and they will be well developed.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@tdk_1997: Okay it's a little confusing. So Barney Barton is Hawkeye, Clint is who? It needs a little bit of expansion and explanation of things; sure its good to build mystery but there needs to be a reveal or something to let the audience know what's going on.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Okay it's a little confusing. So Barney Barton is Hawkeye, Clint is who? It needs a little bit of expansion and explanation of things; sure its good to build mystery but there needs to be a reveal or something to let the audience know what's going on.

Clint doesn't have a code name as of yet, his code name will be revealed at a further point of the story. However, I don't understand how there is no big reveal or anything. For now we are up to the point where I am giving you, the readers, a cliffhanger that Kate is being held by Natasha, that is all you need to know.