TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Resurrection: Part 2 of 5.

No Caption Provided

A man stood behind a sheet of protective glass, dressed in goggles with a white lab coat hanging over his torso. This sort of appearance was quite common in Facility X, a building just inside the capital city of Germany, afterall the place was a haven to men of science and wisdom. Men who supported the current regime anyway. The only true difference between this man and his fellow scientists was the fact that he wore a hood over his head in an attempt to conceal his face from the people around him.

"We're ready, Doctor." A soldier dressed in black with a blood red swastika stepped into the man's view, face hardened and grim, a stormtrooper who had seen much combat in his time. "We're just waiting on your command."

From the other side of the glass, a group of people dressed in experimental radiation suits were busy toying with a metal device resembling a cannon from the past. It was large, bulky and far beyond the comprehension of ordinary people. Its nickname was the Death Ray, a name used mostly by the Nazi soldiers too stupid to pronounce its actual designation.

"Wonderful." The Doctor activated the intercom just in front of his chest and leaned in closeto give the relevant command. "All personnel prepare for testing!" Any unnecessary personnel immediately moved out of the area, while the remaining scientists wheeled out a potted plant for observation. "If we're successful, the Allied forces will be crushed within the month."

With nervous anticipation the man moved back to the intercom, desperate to see the results of the last few years of his life.

"Heil Hitler." The stormtrooper from earlier said while giving off the required salute. The man ignored him and instead chose to focus on the greatest moment of his life.

"Prepare to commence testing in: 3. 2. 1-"

Something flickered behind the glass, red energy sparked from the side of the cannon, and before the doctor could ignite the relevant failsafe methods the device exploded, sending out waves of red, deadly energy across the room.

A sense of numbness filled the man's body, his eyes closed for a brief moment and when he awakened he was no longer in Berlin, but a black, empty void.

"Where am I?" He asked, somehow standing on his feet when there was nothing solid beneath him.

"You're nowhere."A soft, beautiful voice answered as golden light streamed down from above. What appeared to be an interdimensional portal opened up before the frightened scientist and outstepped a tall, pale, blonde female dressed in a somewhat provocative green outfit. Her red lips twitched into a seemingly uncomfortable smile as she gazed upon her future ally.

"Hello, Zemo."She said.

Present day

A glittering sword twitched slightly in Baron Zemo's hands as he angled the blade in such a way that it would deflect the giant metal frisbee spinning towards him. The device bounced off the walls of the hut, striking the men behind the Baron before ricocheting back towards him.

With a loud, metallic clang the two weapons met, and the sudden force of the meeting forced the blade's wielder to take a step back as the shield returned to its master.

"I'd almost forgotten the sound." Zemo hissed before reasserting his position and adjusting his position. He aimed his blade towards his opponent, ready to attack.

"Where am I, Zemo?" Captain America asked as he caught his shield and placed it back around his arm in a defensive position. The blue colour of his armour was further illuminated by the red and white of his weaon. "And how the hell did I get here?!" He added.

"You've been gone for quite some time, Captain." The Baron said as he slowly began to pace around the hut in a circular motion, the Captain did the same, and as the two men locked eyes a sense of rage began to fill Zemo's heart, replacing the sense of peace he'd felt in recent years since he'd created his home. "People thought you were dead. Evidently not." With a quick swipe Heinrich brought the sword to his side, ready for an attacking motion. "Allow me to correct that!" He yelled as he lunged forward in a blurring motion, his sword aimed towards his opponent's heart.

KLANG!

Sparks flickered through the air as Zemo's ceremonial sword struck Captain America's indestructible shield. For a moment no sound filled the air, as the two men struggled in silence to overcome the other through sheer strength and skill.

"Enough." Before the Baron could react his opponent's foot spun out from beneath his shield, knocking him down the ground, and before Zemo could get back up he found his own blade being pointed inches away from his throat. "You're not good enough, Baron." The Captain said, faint smirk on his face. "You've never been good enough."

From beneath his mask, Heinrich narrowed his eyes and felt his heart begin to beat heaviliy like a frightened rabbit.

"Try and say that without the shield." He growled just before feeling his opponent's boot smash into his skull.

In the blackness of the void, Zemo was almost rendered blind by the majesty of the creature before him. She carried herself in a way only a member of royalty could, and as she stepped forward the young man felt his cold skin begin to tingle.

"Who are you?" He asked, that was when he noticed the way he was dressed. A purple mask covered his face and his body was dressed in some form of military equipment, although it was far more advanced than anything the Doctor could have ever dreamed of. "And... and what am I wearing?!" Zemo gasped as he pulled at the mask on his face, pain filled his body like he was trying to tear off his own skin.

For whatever reason his plight seemed to amuse the woman, she gave a low laugh and fixed him with a look that made his legs feel like they'd turned into clay. There was something about her that made it seem like she'd enchanted a thousand men just by staring at them.

"It's true what they say."She muttered. "Even the meek can become as fierce as a lion over time."With a sigh she materialised behind the Doctor, making him turn in shock at her supernatural gifts. "Listen. And listen well, mortal. Time is short and I shall not repeat myself. If you continue down this path of destruction you have selected, not only shall you damn your own black soul to the pits of Hel, but the world will forever suffer the consequences."

With a click of her fingers, the woman conjured up an image of what seemed to be the distant future, showing entire cities engulfed in flames and what appeared to be an army marching through the burning rubble. Zemo stared in silent horror as the image transitioned to a man stood far above the flames, dressed in golden armour and gripping a small cuboid radiating with pure, uncontrollable power.

"I... I don't understand." Heinrich stammered as the woman slowly began to pace away. She looked back over her shoulder, skin slowly becoming transparent to reveal the skeleton beneath her flesh.

"You will."She told him."Or we will all die."

Slowly she began to fade away, and as she did so the world began to crumble, Zemo watched as the world turned black before returning to the land of the living, buried beneath rubble with blood dripping from his scarred face.

"Oh my god!" He yelled upon feeling the numerous wounds on his body.

Present day.

When Zemo awakened he was amazed to still be breathing, having felt certain he'd finally met his end at the hands of his old rival. Amazingly he was still here, even his sword had been left behind by the merciful Captain.

"Lord Zemo, are you alright?" A villager asked as the Baron stumbled out of the hut, clutching at a wound he'd suffered to the side of his body.

"I'm fine!" He snapped before remembering the injured men still inside the hut. "But those men need medical attention!"

"Already on it." A familiar voice said.

Up above, a steel vessel hovered above the treeline, onits side it bore Zemo's family crest, symbolising its allegiance to his cause. Several ropes shot down and a group of armed soldiers rappled down to the ground, dressed in combat armour and wielding a wide array of advanced weapons.

"Spread out! Form a perimeter!" Their commander ordered before looking to the Baron. "Hey, dad." He said before grinning.

"Helmut." Heinrich rubbed at his neck, still sore from where the Captain had struck him. "I want this man found immediately. He's far too dangerous to be left unchecked."

"You're still here." Helmut pointed out. "I'm sure we'll be fine."

"He was holding back around me. Your men won't have the same courtesy."

Helmut Zemo was the spitting image of his father, or at least how he remembed how he had once looked. Grey eyes beamed from the young man's face and what appeared to be a permanent smirk was chisled into his pale skin.

"I have guards searching all over Refuge, dad." Helmut said, snapping into a more serious tone as they discussed military tactics. "If Captain America's still here we'll find him."

"No you won't." The Baron sighed, rolling his eyes. He paused to ponder where his foe could be and a thought crossed his mind, the very idea filled him with horror. "God." He muttered, trying to think of some other possible option. "GOD!" He yelled upon deciding there was no other potential outcome.

"What?"

Zemo began to run towards the jungle in the general direction of the island's capital city, the Vita-Rays in his system making him move faster than any land vehicle.

"He's not in the jungle anymore, Helmut!" He yelled, heart pounding violently as he left his son behind. "He's going after your mother!"

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Nice, and two Zemo's :)

Good fight as well

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I swear they decrease in the following issues!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Looks like this version of Zemo is indeed 'Born Better'. Can't believe I didn't read this when it came out, so sorry for the wait. I assume the woman is Amora the Enchantress?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: It's fine Cheese. We all have busy moments.

As for whether the woman is the Enchantress... If I give you any answer it will answer it. So...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14