Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PyroFN

Marvel Civil War Legends #1: You Are Invited

*Manhattan, New York*

No Caption Provided

“Parker! Have a seat! You can leave the new pictures you got for me on my desk. I got a new assignment for you.”

J. Jonah Jameson, Publisher of the Daily Bugle and Peter Parkers’ boss. No ones favorite person in the world, that Peter knew at least, but the most reliable source for Peter to get food on the table for his wife.

“New assignment?”

”Yes, Parker. That’s what I said. Now, pay attention! You know how much I don’t like repeating myself!”, Jameson shouted. As much of a shock as it was when Peter had first met his boss, Peter had gotten better over the years gauging the man’s moods and found him to be more bombastic than grumpy. He was still grumpy and bitter of an older man. No argument about it, but Peter did find varying degrees that hinted on Jameson’s moods. From the look of Jameson’s features, the man was disappointed, but not angry.…..well, if he was angry, it was not with Peter.

“I was invited to a social gathering from one of the top party planners in the city. You recognize her?”

”Seh•r•see…….Sersi?”, Peter sounded it out as he picked up an invitation Jonah unceremoniously threw on the messy desk towards Peter. “I can honestly say I have no clue who this woman is, sir.”

“Of course you don’t”, exclaimed his boss. Although it sounded like a statement, Peter was positive he saw slight hints of surprise in the man’s face. “One would think that your time spent here would’ve given you some form of idea of the trends of the city going on, but it just can't be helped.”

”To be fair, sir, I don’t really spend time here or reading the paper”, Peter said, which caused his boss to raise an eyebrow at him. ”I-it’s not because I-I don’t want to, I just never have enough time. Chasing Spider-Man and other supers across the city is hard work, ya know? And I have a wife as well to get back to, sooo-“

”Alright, enough of your stammerin‘ Parker. I was invited to attend the event for the sake of mutual benefits. Miss Sersi would get advertising on her party designing and planning and I would get first scoop in the middle of all the biggest crowd drawers in our society. Whether you’re aware or not, this woman has connections to not just important people, but even connections to those vigilantes called the Avengers and Fantastic Four”, Jameson explained to Peter.

”You mean heroes, sir?”, Peter asked, though with hopeless underlying insistence. As Peter had expected, it fell on deaf ears.

”No, Parker! I meant vigilante’s! They aren’t government hired and they constantly disrupt the peace with their constant bickering with rival gangs and super-villains. They are a nuisance that think they are above the law thanks to a misinformed view from the public. That is where you come in, Parker! You’re gonna accompany my top reporters to gather photos of the event. Keep special eye for superhero interactions. If you find anything suspicious regarding them, alert any of my reporters and catch photographic evidence of their activities! I have made myself clear!”

”Crystal”, Peter simply said, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. Different scene, same job. Collect photo evidence of the menaces of superhero society. Why people like him couldn’t see the good that was done from the heroes efforts was beyond Peter, but at least the heat would be off of Spider-Man for once.

No Caption Provided

*Penthouse Party; the next evening*

No Caption Provided

“Okay…….Wow!”

Peter stared at the crowds of people conversing with each other and enjoying themselves. The atmosphere was jovial, the decor looked extravagant, and Peter felt every bit out of his element.

“Well, we’ll. Parker. You got an invitation as well?”

Peter turned around to find the man known as Tony Stark and Iron Man. One of the few men in the city whose name and superhero alias were of equal importance to most in the city, due to his wealth and genius.

No Caption Provided

“Oh, hey, Mister Stark. Nah, I am at work at the moment”, Peter said as he showed his camera with a shrug.

”Well, that‘s no fun! When I said you could bring a plus one Tony, I didn’t think you’d bring such a part pooper”, a female voice said. Peter turns around to meet eyes with a raven-haired beauty in what looked to be expensive fashion designer clothing to Peter’s untrained eye.

“Trust me, Sersi. I didn’t bring him with me and I never said I would bring a plus one. I said I may go home with one”, he said as he gave a cheeky smile.

“You’re gonna at least try the complimentary food I got made specifically for this event before you do, aren’t you?”, Sersi asks.

”You didn’t make them yourself, did you?”, he asked with a raised brow.

”No! Oh my- why would did you ask as if it were a bad thing?!”, she slapped his arm with a smile.

”You just have strange way of cooking and baking is all”, Tony shrugged.

”Forget you! I’ve gotten many compliments from people who’ve tried my food“, Sersi crosses her arms, though still holding that jovial mood she had when she came.

”I’d argue that would be their brains either blocking out the truth or being tricked into thinking its delicious”, Tony said as he puts his shades on and readies to walk away.

“One of these days, Stark!”, Sersi calls out to Stark who merely responds with a slight raising of his hand to notify he heard her witho it looking at her. “So, Peter, was it?”

No Caption Provided

”Yes, uh, Peter Parker”, Peter says as he holds a hand out. The woman returns it in kind with a smile before her expression changes slightly eyes slightly widen and then her smile growing.

”Pleased to meet you, Mister Parker. Tell me, what brings you to my humble abode? I could have sworn no Peter Parker was ever sent an invite by me. I would know since I create the invites and send them out myself. Do I perhaps have a party crashed on my hands?”, the woman days as she puts her hands to her hips, though her smile completely betraying her tone as just teasing.

”Well, I am a photographer for the Daily Bugle. I was commissioned to take pictures of the event, if you don’t mind, Miss Sersi”, Peter explains.

”Oh, please, just Sersi. I know Tony called me ’Miss Sersi’, but the bugger knows how much I hate the formal title, especially considering how it goes with my name. I mean, would you call Cher ‘Miss Cher’? I think not!”, she slightly rants as she takes Peter by the arm and leads him closer into the party. “Ah, Steve! There’s my darling Captain!~”

Peter looked ahead to see the man she called out, finding none other than basically everyone’s hero, Captain America.

No Caption Provided

“Sersi?”, the Captain said confusingly before his eyes lit up at the sight of Peter. “Parker! It’s been a while. How has life treated you, son?!”

“The usual, Cap, until now that is. I’ve never been to a party like this before”, Peter said.

“Really? Not even Tony’s?”, Sersi asks.

”Tony’s parties are more geared to technological advances. I’m not the biggest fan of any of these parties to be completely honest, either, but Sersi insisted I show up”, Cap shrugged.

”More work! I swear, you people need to learn when to have fun for once in your lives!”, Sersi exclaims exasperatedly.

“Isn’t this party a part of your job too?”, Cap asked.

”Yes, but I get the work done before the party starts and after the party is done. I can at least say I enjoy the fruits of my labor because I recognize when it’s time to relax and a party is exactly when to do that”, Sersi explains.

”If it’s any consolation, it’s a pretty great party, Sersi”, Peter offers to her.

”Thank you, Peter. I take great pride in this one above the rest so far because for once, I finally got my closest friends in the community to come”, Sersi said as she looks at Steve petulantly.

“Sersi-“

”I know, I know, Captain. You don’t need to tell me. I am just sayin’ I’m happy everyone is here”, Sersi says with her hands up in surrender. “And to ensure that I can guarantee you keep coming back, Peter, I am gonna start adding you to my invitation list.”

“You are?”

”Of course. A friend of my friends might as well be my friend. So now, I dub ye my friend, which means its a requirement for you to visit for my parties”, Sersi winks to him.

”Alright. Sweet…..so, who else did you invite?”, Peter looks around, overwhelmed by the multitude of people.

”Right! You are here on behalf of the Daily Bugle. Well, we wouldn’t want you getting fired, so……..”, Sersi trails off before putting her hands together and unfurling paper with a list of the people invited to her party. “Pick anyone off this list and I can direct you to their whereabouts.”

”You can?”

”Sersi, has a way of finding people”, Steve said in a deliberately cryptic way.

”Alright. In that case, is-“

Before, Peter could finish his thought, a large boom is the last thing heard before Peter is knocked unconscious.

*later that evening*

No Caption Provided

“What did you do?!”

The figure turns to the owner of the penthouse and party, angry for the attack made on her home and her guests.

“I have no idea what you are talking about, dear Sersi”, the figure says mockingly to her.

”Zuras will hear of this. I will make sure he does!”, she says angrily at the figure.

“Good luck, considering the man is dead”, the figure answers.

”Wha- no, you-you’re lying. That is just-“

”Entirely possible and is the truth. The time for these hiding and protecting an inferior race is over Sersi. This is but a beginning of a new era where-“

”Shut the hell up!”, Sersi snaps as she unleashes a cosmic energy blast from her eyes. Hitting the figure dead-on, they are flung through a brick wall, only to have disappeared the moment Sersi checks up on them. “Damn you….”

”Freeze!”

Sersi turns around to find a couple of human officers pointing their guns directly at her.

”Miss Sersi, you are under arrest for questioning of active local terrorism. You have the right to remain silent and anything do and/or you say will be used against you in the court of law”, the officers states reading her rights as he cuffs her.

She knows she could easily escape. Easily overpower them all…..but she sadly watches the ruins of her party as multiple police and ambulances surround the building.

End of Chapter

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I...am all on board for this!