silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverspidey

Last Time On Marvel Beginnings: The Amazing Spider-Man Prologue 1

Richard Parker is been confronted by the shadowy cabal, The Pride to join their ranks after they had buying out his Laboratory Company.His co-founders, Norman Osborn and Dr. Connors have agreed to this, leaving Richard Parker as the only obstacle. Refusing to join the cabal, group leader Mr. Stein is now greatly inconvenienced by Richards moral stance.Hence, Ms Minoru has decided to deal with it.

MARVEL BEGINNINGS: PROLOGUE

NO NEED FOR PARENTS - PART IINEW YORK CITY - 2003 - NEW YEARS, 12:01 AM

Invisible to everyone's eyes, the cosmic recorder of all significant events Uatu the Watcher, swiftly phases through the glass pane window on the 20th Floor. Exiting to the foggy night air, the rain becomes heavier. Unaffected by the elements, Uatu remains floating over the street, positioned in front of the towering skyscraper's black glossy window. Ever so often, the throbbing cyan lights 'OSBORN, CONNORS, RICHARDS LABS' sign pulsates steadily, casting no shadow of his presence as he waits, watching the dark window that reflects no image of him.

Then, Uatu squints his eyes, bracing himself for the next rapid turn of events.

Suddenly a brief and violent flash of red light erupts behind the dark office. Immediately Richard Parker is sent uncontrollably crashing through the windowpane at great speed. Yelling at the top of his lungs, Richards streaks through the rain like a thrown baseball, shards of glass trailing him. Covering his head at bracing himself, Richard feels his heart sink as he suddenly plummets from the 20th Floor! Immediately a bright swell of red light blankets the inside entire office floor and a deafening explosion rocks the entire building - shattering glass on all sides of the building and trembling the air.

Floating still, Uatu tilts his head, watching Richard fall to his death.

Plummeting like a stone, cold wind and rain hits Richard Parker's face as his trench coat whips in the wind. Screaming and shouting at the top of his lungs, howling wind fills Richard ears as he descends out the fog and clearly sees the rapid approaching wet street filled with yellow cabs in traffic below!

Sorrow, anger, sadness all rush to his face and tears streak out his eyes. His momentum increasing and no help of stopping his descent, Richard Parker covers his face, flashes of his two sons with his wife come to his minds eye and he mumbles a prayer for his family, ready to hit the ground and meet his maker.

However at that moment, Richard feels the sudden and firm hold grab him by the collar of his trench coat. His body jolts and sags as if he was suddenly stopped by a taut rope. Opening his eyes in shock and confusion, Richard sees his shoe come off and fall to the passing buildings beneath is dangling feet as if he was soaring over the street by some new means of flight.

Did he die already he thought. People said the dead go to heaven, maybe this was the tour of the city before he got there?

"DON'T WORRY I GOT YOU!"

The female voice snaps Richard out his thoughts. Looking upwards, Richards sees a young woman with short red hair, a black domino mask with white frosted lens covering her eyes. Wearing a black form-fitting costume with a small white spider-emblem at the center of her chest, Richards eyes open wide at the sight of the woman, holding onto and swinging them both on glowing golden robes that seem connected to, her wrists?

Swinging down to an adjacent rooftop, Richard Parker is suddenly dropped by the young woman to the gravel rooftop. Rolling over a few times before coming onto his hands and feet, Richard prays again, this time thankful he's not an angel. Opening his eyes to the wet gravel, Richard just stares at the white gravel, beneath his hands, thankful he's not dead but still - scared out of his mind.

“WHAT THE HECK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!!”

Taking a deep breath, Richards tries to calm his nerves and sits on his rump as the rain pours down, wishing he hadn't stop smoking - he could use it.

Seeing the heroine standing before him, Richard's face frowns.

“ITS YOU!” Richard shouts to the heroine standing in the heavy rain.

Storming over to him, the heroine pulls off her mask, exposing her bright blue eyes and wet face. Her oval shaped face soaked by rain with red lines from the adhesive on of her domino mask circling her eyes. It redness matched her increasingly reddening face that matched her angry tone.

Pointing her black gloved finger at him, she starts.

“I GAVE YOU SOLID TWO DAYS NOTICE! THE PRIDE IS COMING, THE PRIDE IS COMING! AND YOU’RE STILL HERE?!”

Soaking wet from the rain, Richard attention is grabbed by a distant explosion. Quickly he scrambles onto his feet, racing to the edge of the rooftop.

"oh no no no!" Richard mumbles, placing his hands on his wet hair before bringing them down over his mouth that remains open in shock.

The rectangular building, Osborn, Connors and Parker's Laboratory, bellowing smoke from the 20th floor on all sides. Distant sirens of fire trucks and ambulance blaring deafened away the cheers of the new year. Red flames reflect against the fog. Flames crawl up and down the building like a rapid cancer, eating years of sweat, memories and belly-aching investments with only black smoke as the last will and testament to what was his life's work.

"RICHARDS!" shouts the woman.

Pulling himself out his thoughts, Richards closes his eyes, unable to watch the building burn anymore.

“I had to come back.” replies Richard, turning to his heroine with a face full of anguish, “To secure the future my family…." He pauses opening his tearful eyes to the woman an arm length away from him. "....Minoru." he mumbles.

Turning back around, Richard face drains white, scanning the sky and the streets, "I don't see her. Minoru..." he says, turning to the woman, "...did she..."

“She’s gone.” The spider woman says, hopping onto the ledge, "I didn't see her get affected by the explosion."

Placing his hands on his wet messy hair, Richard Parker backs away from the ledge, shaking his head as he looks up at the sky, "no no this can't be happening..."

Turning away from the street, Spider-Woman, looks at Richard Parker, seeing him near close to a full panic.

“It wouldn't be if you left like I TOLD YOU!" she says, turning away from the ledge and marching over to him.

"This wouldn’t have happened if you people to just left us alone.” Richard shouts, glaring at the unmasked hero standing before him in the rain, "I DIDN'T WANT THIS! I DIDN'T WANT TO BE INVOLVED! I'M JUST A..."

“FOR GODSAKE!" she interrupts, pointing at his head, "...for someone so brilliant you can be so irritatingly STUPID!” she rebukes, throwing her hands up in the air in frustration, “It wasn't an option Richard!” the spider-woman states, “You were in this before you knew it, and you need me than just as much as you need me now. You can't rely JUST on your smarts! This isn't the arena for that! These people play for keeps!"

Richard points to her, his face ardent and filled with anger as his wet hair sticks to his wet face, “I DON’T NEED YOU PEOPLE IN MY LIFE! This isn’t MY WAR! THIS ISN’T MY PROBLEM!”

“OPEN YOUR EYES!” the spider-woman shouts, “I CAME TO YOU….months ago because I saw this happening. You should have let the Spider-Clan protect you…”

“Once you start CHOOSING SIDES you put yourself in the middle of war! I am neutral!” Richard interjects, “I’m not dressing up like one of you ‘Spider-Clan’ frumpies to be a spider cheerleader…”

“IT’S MADAME WEB RICHARD…” she retorts, grabbing Richard by the collar and pulling him in close, “…and this war is a fight for you simple little people to live your lives without EVIL GOVERNING OVER YOU! The Pride is just the START and they chose you because they know what you MEAN, how you affect the world and because of your stubborn refusal to act with discretion…you’re not IN a war…YOUR FAMILY IS SMACK in the middle of it because you're special!” she says, shoving Richard away.

Staggering back Richard gulps, looking to the gravel rooftop as her words hit him hard.

“I am NOT a hero!” Madame Web snaps “But like the BALD FREAK…” she point to Uatu who now shows himself over their heads, startling Richard, “…The Spider-Clan works for Earth’s safety, don't blame me because you were tied to it before you were born! The Pride is an instrument for evil, the Spider-Clan fights them on all fronts, who knew you even had connections to us! I didn't, but they did and want to use you against us for their gain!”

“AND I REFUSED!” Richard shouts, "I DID WHAT YOU ASKED! I DID THE RIGHT THING AND I'M STILL SCREWED!"

“CONGRATULATIONS!” Madame Web says, folding her arms, “You stood for what’s right! That doesn't mean its easy! So you can be mad at me, hate me, feel whatever you want to feel, but right now, its Twelve Fifteen in the Morning on New Years. Cops are drunk and your family has NO protection and Mrs Minoru has a BIG window of opportunity to kill your family. So you want my help or shall I just leave you to get slaughtered?”

Staring into the young woman’s wet yet firm face as her short red hair sticks to the sides of her face, Richard turns around and shakes his head, rubbing his face, “I cant believe this…”

“RICHARD!”

“FINE!” Richard shouts, turning to her, he pulls out a yellow disc from his pocket, “Whatever happens, just be sure you help my family and don’t let them get THIS!” he says.

Shaking her head, Madame Web walks over and grabs a hold of him.

“What are you doing?!” he asks in surprise.

“Look I maybe a Highly trained Spider-Clan agent…but that doesn’t mean I have a satellite in my head to just pinpoint where you live. So c'mon be the ‘smart guy’ and give directions.” She says, grabbing him by his collar and streaking straight off the rooftop in flight into the rainy night.

WILLIAMSBURG, BROOKLYN

Hearing the rumbles of rolling thunder and cracks of lightning, a brown haired woman in a simple tied black kimono robe, pulls her hair back as she washes the dishes in the wood paneled kitchen. Her green eyes look at the window over the sink, observing the shaking branches in the gusty storm winds. A messy New Year Eve and a messy commute back home for her husband on such a late night. Shifting her attention to the small boy sleeping in front of his Nintendo GameCube in the Living Room.

“Eddie…” calls Mary Parker, “…time for bed. New Years is over.” She shouts.

Scrubbing the pan before her, Mary Parker turns to the clock, 12:17 am. Concern had now officially turned over to pure worry; her husband came home every night by ten, not past twelve in the morning. Letting out a nervous breath from her nose, Mary Parker dismisses the worrisome thoughts that plague her mind, shakes the water from her hands and strolls into the Living Room.

Leaning on the door-sill, a smile escaped her mouth as she watches Eddie and Peter on the burgundy carpet, fast asleep with the video game, ‘SONIC ADVENTURE 2’ stuck on pause on the television.

Shaking her head, Mary flicks the light switch on with her finger, immediately hearing the boys grumble awake.

“Ah Maaa!” Eddie Brock grumbles, rubbing his eyes as drool escapes his mouth onto his shirt.

“Geez boy you were out of it.” snickers Mary, watching Eddie look around confusingly until his eyes rest on the time, 12:20am.

“Daddy home yet?” Eddie asks, stretching his arms before letting out a wide yawn.

“Not yet kiddo…” Mary responds, helping him up, “…but no need to worry, you know Daddy works late.” She smiles, patting him on his spiky blond hair.

“But why isn’t he home?” Eddie asks, “Its New Years! What is he doing, making another family or somethin'?!”

Mary's face turns serious at his statement.

“Eddie please…” Mary sighs, placing her finger under her chin, “…you know Dad works late some nights. Maybe that’s why you’re Aunt May and Uncle Ben want to see you tomorrow, spend some time with you."

“I don’t wanna see them!” he complains, stamping his foot in protest, folding his arms and pouting his lip, “They’re boring!”

“Don’t be so venomous Eddie.” Mary groans, picking up Peter from the couch who is still fast asleep, “Its not good for your brother or for you.”

Grabbing hold of the side of his mother’s robe, Eddie scratches his head through his blond spikey hair, “Okay.” He tiredly yawns, unable to fight more as he staggers beside his mother. Making their way into the hallway, Mary carries Peter towards the stairs with Eddie walking in tow, ready to go up the stairs to the bedrooms.

Suddenly at that moment, the sharp crack of the lightning echoes in the distance causing Mary and Eddie to jolt in surprise. However it was not the lightning, rather the abnormal crack seemingly coming from within the house behind them. May and Eddie turn around, registering that this thunderous crack sounded more like snapping wood than lightning, settling their eyes to the backdoor. However, as they peer down the hallway, Mary's face drains with fear as backdoor is in mid-air and then slams on the hallway floor, its hinges dangling off the door frame.

Standing in the door frame, a shadowy silhouette holding a glowing Staff angled towards them as wind and cold wind howls through the hallway like a wind tunnel. Instinctively Mary pulls Eddie behind her. Peter, roused from his slumber, rubs his eyes, confused.

Fear seizes Mary's body at the sight of mysterious figure standing behind at their backdoor with glowing red eyes while storm winds whip leaves and rain past the figures legs and into the hallway.

“Mommy…” Eddie whimpers, staring at the woman who holds a staff in her hand.

Paralyzed with fear, Mary gulps at the sight of the mysterious figure, but musters up some courage.

“GET OUT'VE OF MY HOUSE OR I CALL THE POLICE!” she shouts bravely despite the feeling of her knees knocking against each other.

Her protest is answered by figure stretching her leg over the threshold. Her firm step against the wood floor seemingly like a verbal threat itself.

“Ah so this is the…wife?” Mrs Minoru says, crossing over the threshold of the house like grim death.

Her red eyes focused on Mary Parker, her face clenched tight, Mrs Minoru face drips with rain water. Her pace slow like a cat stalking a mouse, Mrs. Minoru decked in her glittery sequence gown, gracefully drags her thin finger with a sharp painted red nail along the old wallpaper. Instantly bright red embers burn into wall at the trail of her nail. Eddie squeals as Mary gasps in horror at Mrs. Minoru grinning at them as she draws closer.

“I should tell you, your husband is quite the loyal man.” she nods, looking at Mary Parker up and down before coming to a stop. Glaring at May Parker, Minoru's false pleasantness quickly fades to a visceral hatred. The weighted silence with only howling wind grows a tense atmosphere between the two woman that Mary could swear tasted like ash in her mouth. Then, Mrs. Minoru, leans forward mockingly.

"Seems like all good men are destined to die and leave messages for their widows." she says.

Mary Parker clutches Peter in her arms tightly as her eyes fill with tears while Eddie clutches his mother leg in horror. The evil smile comes again across Minoru's face, standing up right, she holds her staff to her left, dangling it inches over the wood floor.

"Your husband had a message too, he said..." Minoru states to an increasingly horrified May Parker, "...Happy New Year.” she snickers, dropping the end of her weighted Staff to the wood floor!

Her staff goes clank. Then a blue wave erupts from the gold staff, spreads in a radius, spreads along the floor, up the walls and then combusts into flames all around Mrs. Minoru.

"EDDIE RUN!" Mary screams, pushing him to the living room.

Standing in the center of the flames, Mrs. Minoru throws her head back laughing, "Oh trust me susie homemaker..." she growls, cracking her neck to the side before pulling out a flat thin chrome blade from her sleeve, "...there's no running from me!"

to be continued...

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TDK_1997

@silverspidey Interesting development of the story. Like where you are going and definitely did not expect for Eddie and Peter to be brothers. Good job.

However, why is Peter's mom called May as well?

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 - thanks a lot, i wanted a fresh take. Peters mom is named Mary. Auto correct screwed me lol. But I made the correction.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

@silverspidey: Ah, alright. I was just wondering if you are trying to do something but I didn't get the hint or sth.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By silverspidey

;-)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Interesting follow up. You’re taking some liberties with the character’s history and it’s nifty. I like the ‘subtle’ foreshadowing for Eddie’s future.

I think you should write an Uatu miniseries as you seem to have a good grasp on the character and it genuinely makes me smile seeing him used.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting follow up. You’re taking some liberties with the character’s history and it’s nifty. I like the ‘subtle’ foreshadowing for Eddie’s future.

I think you should write an Uatu miniseries as you seem to have a good grasp on the character and it genuinely makes me smile seeing him used.

Thanks!! I'd love to write a Uatu mini-series. I could do one in the near future. I've always appreciated his role in the Marvel Universe. I wish they made more use of it!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@silverspidey: Sometimes you confuse your Richard with your Richards :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers