Marvel Agents of SHIELD: Secret Files (Short Story)

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Written by Jexsu.

January 31st, 2017 - 1153hrs.

A door opens into a rather dark room; the only bit of light settled in the middle, shining down upon a small chrome table and two chairs, barely reflecting off the walls. Several bodies shuffle inside, blurred by the luminescent beam stretched as wide as a few feet. The door closes after, and a heavy plunk sound is heard as someone is forcibly seated.

A thick, single beige folder is dropped in front of them, opened and turned by a black-gloved hand. Photos were spread apart, one-by-one tapped by a finger for emphasis: Bobbi and Hunter, Mack, Mae, and Daisy. "Five of my best Agents, and you beat them down near-mercilessly." That familiar voice belonged to Phil Coulson, Captain America's most beloved fan. "I'm not too sure you're lucky we found you."

He clears his throat, "I'm not going to be that person but, we've been stalking you for years." He clears his throat again, "Are you thirsty? I'm thirsty." Coulson turns, signaling over his shoulder. The Agent at the door nods, leaving. A stack of papers is removed from under the photos and scuffed through, and he continues, "S.H.I.E.L.D. has gathered enough Intel, sure." The Agent returns, planting two cold bottles of water on the table.

"Russian-born. Neat. In 2000-something, you were arrested and sent to Vratsa Prison in Bulgaria for 1st Degree Murder. Nice. There, you were part of the Russian Federation of Underground Prison Fighting, where you championed over everyone and by reputation titled yourself the 'Most Complete Fighter in the World.' Fantastic." The stapled papers flopped, and Coulson uncapped a bottle but waited to drink.

"In 2006, an American boxer named George 'Iceman' Chambers ventures in and breaks your knee. Ouch. I can relate." He raises and wiggles the fingers on his black-gloved hand. "Chambers wins, gets pardoned, and is a free man. As expected, you're still rotting behind bars, cleaning up sewage overflow. Gross." Coulson finally drinks, albeit very little.

"In 2010, you suddenly get the urge to fight again, once seeing your old friend Gaga. Transferred to Gorgon Maximum Security Penitentiary, in the Republic of Georgia. Earned back your glory and released with a briefcase of millions of US dollars, thanks to your buddy Jericho, aka Turbo. I'm jealous." Coulson takes another sip. "Oh, right." He slides the second bottle toward the subject-in-question, although no response.

"400,000 of that went to surgically-implanting a titanium knee-cap. Yadda-yadda-yadda... free at last!" Coulson caps the bottle and puts it aside. "There's something bugging me, though. You're not an Inhuman, yet you've shown a number of enhanced qualities. Peak-physiology. Hyperkinetic equilibrium. It's new to me... invincibility frames. Photographic reflexes. Especially minor precognition, to a split-second. On top of being an exceptionally top-tiered mixed martial artist coupled by astounding combat awareness.

"See, that puts me in a bind. I'm confused, and trapped between a rock and hard place. I don't know whether to toss you back in prison... leave you where we found you... or grant you a chance at redemption." Coulson turns around, "Lights." The room was engulfed in digital fluorescence, revealing its octagonal-tiled walls within the confines of the Bus' Interrogation Room. As well, capitulating the presence of their captured guest, Yuri Boyka. "So, I'll leave it up to y--."

"Why don't you shut the f**k up, already?!" Yuri interrupts. He reaches forward, wrists obviously tethered by cuffs. He gathers his own bottle of water and fully consumes its contents. He crumples the plastic and chucks it to the floor. Slowly, he pulls the stack of papers over to read closely; each page vacant of words. He swipes it off the table alongside the photos.

Coulson chimes, guile to his smile, "Sorry. Interrogation tactics." A beat of silence followed, and his smile faded. "Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D."

End.

NOTES

Okay. I sort of got bored toward the end, it sounds a tad rushed. But that's alright. I think it came out fine. Let me know what you think and criticism is always a plus. I'm afraid I didn't get Coulson's demeanor properly. For those of you that don't know about Yuri Boyka, he's played by English martial artist Scott Adkins; an amazing guy. A video of Yuri's "Best Of" is provided below.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Bump for later reading

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure why your bringing this Yuri character in? I'm also certain that SHIELD would accept someone like him into their ranks so openly, especially considering how they treat reformed villains in the comics.

Also it may pay to seperate blocks of dialouge with some narrative since it gets a little tireing of one person speaking over and over without a break.

You're also missing some quote marks as well.

That said your Coleson characterization feels spot on. And the actual exposition is quite detailed indeed so Kudos on those.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Hey! Thanks for replying! I brought Yuri in because he is one of my favorite characters, and it would be humorous to see him actually an Agent (I guess you would have to see his movies to get on board). Yuri is a profound fighter, with his background he would put those five Agents I mentioned into hospital, and arguably Black Widow. The idea was to have Coulson explaining a lot to Yuri about why he was captured and how useful he is. I'm don't see any missing quotation marks except for one, since it's a carry-on to the next paragraph. Again, thanks! To an extent, it felt rushed even though I worked on it for 3 hours with interruptions and boredom kicking in. Haha.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu: No problem ?, I always try and read something new every day. Also when write in half hour bursts to keep my attention focused. As such omething that's about four pages takes about 45 to 50 minutes to write, assuming I stick to plan.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I haven't read anything you've written thus far, but I may open some I find and see what you've got going. I'm also working on an old-but-new project with a friend, on two character we hold dear to us. It'll take me much longer than this story, but I guess time can only tell what creativity can muster.