Lightning God- The 2015 refurbished Edition (Prologue / Chapter 1)

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By lowlaville

I wrote the first Lightning God early 2012....and I tried to reinvent it in 2015. Below is my attempt at it. I only have around 9 chapters in it though. I'll try to post it all. This is unedited so forgive me if you spot grammatical errors- point out and I'll fix them.

Realm of the Beast

Hi, my name is Ali. I’m a minor existence in the Realm. I live in the small country of Shea, in the capital city of George Town. No one knows why it was named that, it’s just something that has long since faded into Oblivion, like my clan’s Ancestors; The Five Heavenly Kings.

My father is the current leader of our clan ‘Outsider Clan’. We are one of the four largest clans in Shea and in George Town. The city of more than 50 square miles is divided between Shea’s seven major clans. The clans collectively combine to form the ruling council of Shea.

Me and my friend Shimon, we were walking home from school, on MC-4; a large highway bordering the western wall of Ironhide clan on one side and the Eastern wall of Castle clan territory. The road is almost 200 meters wide, and the walls tower over 30 meters in length with a width of 40 feet, evenly covering territories of 10 square miles for both clans.

We were walking on the pavement, over on the Castle side of the road, due home, about a couple miles ahead from where we were. Shimon sensed danger, and grew tense as we made a sudden stop. A storm of blurs flew from behind the Ironhide wall and completely surrounded us. Shimon was tossed aside before he was able to react.

These guys, I knew who they were. They had completely isolated me and Shimon. I looked at him, getting up as the gang tightened their noose around me. I knew well these guys would not let Shimon in to save me. I gave him a nod, and he understood it. And then in a whisk of green dust, he vanished on the spot.

Shimon is from the clan of Night Crawlers, who train in the ‘Secret Art of Teleportation’. The area of land they control to the North of our Outsider clan is no bigger than 5 square miles, one of the 2 minor clans in George Town. They possess the ability to traverse incredible distances via means of teleportation. Shimon can cross approximately 500 meters in one ‘jump’; an action of skipping a certain amount of space in a heartbeat. It would take at least half a minute for Shimon to bring help.

But this half a minute is plenty of time for this gang of aggressors to do what they have come. I didn’t need to know who they were or why they were here. I managed to land a punch square on the nose of one of those guys, sending him staggering back, before all of them activated their ‘hide’. The guys with their naturally albino skin all turned oily black in an instant; ‘Profound Arts of Hide’. This is the secret technique of the Ironhide clan, and something that can only be practiced if they have Ironhide blood in them.

This black skin known as the Iron Hide is the First level of practice in the Ironhide clan. This skin allows its users to boost physical strength and defences by more than 500%. The most dangerous aspect of this technique is not that; but Ironhides can keep their hide activated indefinitely, never tiring, never waning.

“Bastard!” The guy that I punched, he retaliated, by punching me in the face. I was thrown back into the arms of another guy, and they started beating me. I was not able to fight back at all. I was only a level 9 mortal expert, while even the weakest Ironhide is a level 1 Beast Expert.

Shea uses a unique ranking system to measure its fighting potential. It’s divided into 10 ranks, each rank possessing 9 further sub levels. Ranks from lowest to highest are: Mortal, Beast, Super, Talent, Supreme, Valiant, King, Saint, Demi-god and God rank in that order. On Earth, parallel to our Realm of Beast, I would be a supreme expert…but here in the realm, I am no more than trash. Because ever since I was young, my dantian had been clogged for unknown reasons. My father spared no expense to find a cure for my clogged dantian, but he was never able to; and so I learned to live my life as a weakling.

I pursued skill over power. Since I did not know what faction in my clan I belonged to, and I could not practice any technique of the three factions; I have learned to the highest degree many martial art skills, including the Gentle fist of the Stalker clan. I dare say there is anyone as skilled as I am in George Town; it’s just that I don’t have the power to back it up.

There is an innate ability I possess, my intellect and a healing ability. Minor cuts and wounds, as well as bruises will disappear within 10-15 minutes. It’s not much, but this ability at least means that how much they hurt me, I am back to normal in no time.

“Quick, let’s head back before his brothers come!” A boy around the same age as me suddenly emerged out from the crowd of faces. Rexxar Ironhide, heir to the clan who enjoys beating me. Because he can’t touch my twin brother Husain, a Level 7 Beast expert while Rex is only a Level 3 Beast expert, he has made it a point to gang up on me, the weaker counterpart.

While I lay on the ground unable to move, these Ironhides and Rex were about to flee into their territory. Outsiders are forbidden from traversing across clan borders into the Ironhide clan, thus naturally the guarding force would act against any invaders. Ironhides and Outsiders were never on good terms, not for the past 10,000 years of our clan’s existence.

All of a sudden, a bang sound was heard in the air above. At first it was a tiny human being akin to a dot, but this being exploded in size as he came crashing on the street below him. The brat, my youngest brother Ibrahim naturally refrained from trampling me. As he touched down, waves of tremors emanated outwards, shaking everything around. It was like an Earthquake had struck.

This giant, almost 60 meters tall, scooped nearly everyone with one swing of his arm. “You guys are not getting off that easy!” Ibrahim threw them deep into Ironhide clan territory! They flew a couple miles before crashing into a lake. Such is the strength of the Giant faction of the Outsider clan. Members of this faction can learn the ‘Art of Explosive Strength’. This allows members of the faction to turn into Giants of various sizes and strength.

Ibrahim in normal form is Rank 6 Beast level, but when he grows up to his maximum size, his strength is on par with a Level 5 Supreme Expert. This kind of strength, in his generation is unmatched. As a penalty imposed on him, Ibrahim is not allowed to use his full power in battles.

“You alright bro?” Ibrahim shrank down to regular size, which is about five feet, shorter than I am. He is a chubby little fellow with spiky red hair and blue eyes.

“It hurts like hell…do you really think I’m alright?” I shot back as Shimon helped me get up. Ibrahim really cares a lot about me. Ever since he was a little kid, he has this creepy habit of following me around. With his strength, there were few that could match him, even as a toddler.

The emergence of a 60 meter existence in the vicinity caught the attention of many experts in George Town. Their primary reaction was to discern who it was. After finding out it was only Ibrahim, they however paid him no further attention.

Waleed Manor,

Outsider Clan

George Town

This was a grand mansion that looked almost like a Castle. It alone controlled an expanse of 2 square kilometres of land. The six storied mansion had a grand porch, with a 16 step elevation and a fountain in front. A large garden decorated the front while a forest grew on the back. This was home to the Clan leader and Rage Mage Faction Master of Outsider clan and title holder of Rage Mage: Ahmed Outsider, and my father. He is a Demi-god ranked entity, one of the strongest in the entire realm. This extremely large ‘home’ belongs to just his five children and wife.

Most of the swells and bruises on me had disappeared by the time I reached home. But my mom could instantly tell what happened. Her immediate reaction was to rush out of the Laundry room as I walked in through the front door, flying through the air and coming to stand in the air in front of us, looking dissatisfied. She looked at Shimon, “Your one and only task in being assigned as my son’s ‘Guard’ is to be able to protect him, is it not so?”

Shimon nodded.

“You are a shame to your father’s name, and your entire clan!” My mom shouted at him very angrily.

“Mom…it’s not his fault.” I tried to protect my friend. Night Crawlers are usually hired as bodyguards in the entire realm for their incredible aversion skills. Shimon was only Level 1 Beast rank in the arts. He has it very difficult, because he learns the Alpha level; it is harder for him to make advancements. It took Shimon a full 3 years to break through Mortal rank, where even most new-borns in the realm are Beast rank at birth.

“I am very sorry, Ma’am.” Shimon held his head down in front of the First Lady of the Outsider clan. He really was a shame to his father’s name. As a youngster, his father was said to have already attained God rank in cultivation.

“If it wasn’t for your father…” Mother’s voice trailed off seeing the black coated figure that just appeared in the doorway, behind me and Shimon. This person had a gentleman’s finesse, neatly combed hair and a tie around his neck, tucked inside his coat. He had worn matching shoes, and a bowler hat. He had a cane in one hand, an owl crest embedded on its silver coloured handle.

“What an odd visit- “She said towards him, and then turning to us, “Run along, you two!”

It was Shimon’s father. But he never appears in public, much less our residence. I only know his face because I’d gone to Shimon’s house a few times and had dinner with the man. He is very powerful and is the leader of the ‘League of Assassins’, the more sinister counterpart to the ‘Legion of Guards’. These are extremely powerful organizations throughout the Realm, multi-national in their endeavours. League of Assassins primarily take on assassination details as well as guard details. Legion of Guards, contrary to their name, is actually the military force of Emperor Dumoose of Dominion. They behave as an entirely independent sect, only mobilizing when Dumoose himself commands. From this, one could tell just how influential a figure Shimon’s father is.

We headed upstairs to my room on the third floor. One jump and Shimon took me right into my room. He had long ago memorized every detail of our mansion and thus could effortlessly be anywhere within the premise in a single jump.

“Your father…why is he here?” I asked, sitting on my bed, falling back.

“Must be something important, he would not come over because of me.” Shimon had that much faith in his father.

My room is quite spacious, with a king sized bed, a large wardrobe, a work table, dresser, and mirror and attached toilet to go along. In one corner of the room, I have a desktop PC set up, with woofers and speakers. When I’m not In school or doing homework, I like to play computer games and listen to music. Today though, it was Shimon sitting in front of my PC. I just needed a bit of rest. I fell asleep.

When I woke, it was to the sound of someone entering my room. Picking up my glasses from the bedside table and putting them on, I stared at the wall clock stuck directly above the room door. It was 5 in the evening. Shimon had long ago left. Who walked into the room looked exactly like me, except that he had blue eyes and red hair while mine was white hair and black eyes. He wore boxer shorts and a long sleeved shirt, rolled up to his elbow. Furthermore, he looked older and stronger than me even though we were twins, born on the same night. He is a minute younger than me in fact.

“Let’s go down to tea, moms calling you.” He said briefly and then turned from the door and left. He despises me for being weak. He is a level 5 Super rank expert while I had yet to make a breakthrough from Mortal rank of practice.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading down. There was mom, dad and Husain. My big brother Mohamed and Ibrahim were out, probably on errand.

“Ironhides beat you up again?” Dad asked the moment I sat down. He is a very old man, in his 70s, white hair and a feeble body. But that’s only appearance. As everyone in the Rage Mage faction, like Husain, Dad practices the ‘Rage Fiend ’ technique. This allows its users to boost speed and strength on activation. Mastery of the technique is defined by the colour of the users Aura. There are 9 auras; White, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown and Black. White is the weakest where Black is the strongest.

My father may look like a docile old man, but he is very frightening. He once came after me with a huge boulder the size of a house, and even threw it at me in anger; but of course Ibrahim was there to save me, and mom managed to control him.

“Yes…but that’s daily drama dad, I wouldn’t worry about it.” I said, starting on the food, toasted bread, butter and jam with boiled eggs.

The temperature in the room started plummeting, even though it was cool outside at the moment. To be precise, it wasn’t the temperature, but there was a faint orange flame burning around Dad. The loose skin on his arms and face smoothened out, buffing the muscles of his arms, and his hair turned from white to a bright red colour. It looked like he had turned young once again. Highest level Rage Fiend Cultivators are capable of learning the ‘Fiend Body’ technique which gives cultivators Eternal youth, the ability to fight at the peak of their strength among other benefits. Rage Fiend cultivators are not classed by the flames they employ in battle, but the peak flame they are able to employ. Every flame aura has the capability to be cultivated through ranks. Some people have just one flame, and most people train in just that one flame aura. My father is different. He has Mastered 9 of the 10 flame techniques to the Demi-god level and 1 flame is even at the God level. He is unofficially called ‘Fiend’, after having single handed annihilated the entire army of Toroshia more than 30 years ago. No one dares offend him.

“If it wasn’t for Beyya…” After a while of just staring at me, while I was pretending, to casually survive through evening tea, Dad spoke in a hoarse voice.

“You are weak and pathetic old man!” Husain scowled all of a sudden. A fiery red aura burned around him as he stood up, almost smirking.

Dad looked at Husain, and unbelievably calmed down, and started laughing. That’s when mom arrived, forcing Husain to sit back down.

Things around mom are weird. I’ve never understood how she can control Dad and Husain without saying so much as a word. My mother is from Mankhan clan, with 2 diverse secret arts: ‘Manipulation’ technique and ‘Elemental’ technique. That’s all I know about Mankhan clan’s techniques. Unless you are a pure-blood Mankhan, they do not distribute any manuscripts of cultivation to our clan whom they consider as a mere branch clan. As for techniques belonging to other clans, they are open to be read or studied. But most of those techniques require to be born with certain qualities which only clansmen can possess, like the ability to change hides, in order to cultivate techniques. Only a few clans like Mankhans really guard their secrets, especially from Outsiders as we share blood with them.

Our ancestors whose names disappeared from the pages of history, the Five Heavenly Emperors married into Mankhan clan so indeed from their point of view, we are only a branch clan. But we Outsiders possess 3 profound lineages within our clan, three different prospects of cultivation. The Lightning God faction mysteriously disappeared with him. So in truth, we don’t really want any Mankhan techniques anyway. It’s just that in every generation, one or two purebloods appear in our clan, and they are quickly called into Mankhan clan premises and all ties with us are abolished.

Initially when I failed to show talent in the three factions of our clan, I was sent to Mankhan clan for prospecting. But I failed their tests. I was an Outsider with a naturally clogged Dantian. Reasons for it remain unknown. For the risk of doing permanent damage, no one dared tried to forcefully unclog it. And in part because my father would not allow it, thus I remained a person without talent.