Legion of Super-Heroes/ Aliens #3: Earworm

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

Edited By cbishop
DateLegion of Super-Heroes/ Aliens #3:ViewRead the...
03/21/18Earworm(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
RatingRating explanationLast Issue:
TViolence and barf.Xenomorphs on Bismoll!
"We marshalled our forces, ...and fought back at last."

"Anyway," Kem continued, "the massacre was just from... well, everything else about them. They claw, and bite, and stab with their tails. They were mowing through the population pretty good when they realized implantation wasn't going to work. We marshaled our forces, grabbed some weapons, and fought back at last. It finally took just about every able-bodied Bismollian and a grid search of the entire planet to wipe those things out. The queen had gone mobile, and made nests in several spots. It took a long time to get them all." Tenzil went silent as he remembered the horrors of that long conflict, until Supergirl put a comforting hand on his back. He smiled at her briefly, then looked back to the containment chamber.

"So, what do we do about him?" asked Brainiac 5, pointing at the containment chamber.

"I don't know," said Tenzil, walking up the chambers window, emboldened by Supergirl's presence. Speaking into his ring, he said, "I've never heard of a sentient Xenomorph. How is this possible?"

"...And he was this big. I asked Herman what happened, and he said, 'I swallowed five watermelons'..."

"What the sprok?" asked Phantom Girl.

"It's...it's a camp song..."

"It's...it's a camp song...from the twenty-first century," Supergirl said with confusion.

"Camp song?" asked Brainy.

"It's for kids, Brainy. It's a nonsense song to entertain kids," said Kara.

"Hey!" shouted Tenzil. "What the grife are you?"

"...And he was... Oh, what?" asked the creature, but its mouth didn't move. "Oh, yes! The creature you see before you is just as wild and menacing as all the rest, but I have control of it."

All four Legionnaires now stood at the window, staring incredulously.

"Down here," said the voice, and their attention was drawn to the bottom of the window as the creature's flight ring tapped on the glass. "That's it, look closer. He's not moving while I've got him."

"You can call me Earworm!"

They all four leaned in very close, and just as their noses were about to touch the glass, the voice yelled, "BOO!" and Tenzil recoiled in horror. "Bwah-hahahahaa! I couldn't resist! I'm so sorry! Hey, will this thing hold him if I let go?" the voice asked.

"Without doubt," stated Brainy.

Supergirl leaned in and said, "I see it. It's...a worm."

"Not just a worm!" it said. "You can call me Earworm!"

Kara started "You look like--"

The worm's eyes got big, and it said, "Ah! I see you know my ancestor! Yes! I'm a descendant of Mister Mind!"

"Mister...? Brainy? Can we get him out of there?" asked Kara.

Brainiac 5 motioned to the chamber with one hand, and said, "Tinya? Do you mind?"

Phantom Girl handed Earworm to Supergirl
Phantom Girl handed Earworm to Supergirl

Phantom Girl phased her hand into the chamber, and gently lifted Earworm and the flight ring in the palm of her hand. She then phased them out of the chamber, and the Xenomorph immediately started squealing, and clawing at the chamber's inertron glass. Phantom Girl handed Earworm to Supergirl, since she seemed to know what they were dealing with.

"How did you wind up in one of these things?" asked Supergirl.

"Think I'll start with you."

"Oh, I was trying to take over the queen, and couldn't quite do it. I had to escape to that guy," said Earworm, nudging his head towards the chamber. "I was trying to take command of the entire army, but when it didn't work, I figured maybe I could just use him to make a new army out of you guys." The inchworm-like creature's body almost seemed to shrug.

"You... you were going to use us to make an army of those things? On purpose?" Supergirl asked in shock.

"Well, yes," Earworm said simply. "Still intend to. Think I'll start with you," he said to Supergirl, and just like that, Kara went rigid, now under Earworm's control.

"Oh my god!" shouted Tinya. "He's got--"

"Someone order a flash-visioned worm?"

Fzzzzt! came the sound of an energy blast, followed by Ssss, as Earworm sizzled into vapor. Supergirl shook herself out of her mind controlled stupor, and everyone looked to the doorway of the lab.

"Someone order a flash-visioned worm?" asked Ultra Boy.

"Jo!" shouted Tinya as she ran across the room and flung her arms around his neck.

"Ew, babe, your breath," said Ultra Boy.

"You're supposed to be in quarantine!" shouted Tenzil. Ultra Boy gave him a hard look, and Kem said, "I mean...um...if you don't mind...why are you out of quarantine?"

"Infectious Lass cleared me," answered Ultra Boy, "and I came to see if I could help with anything."

"No, I don't know."

Tenzil sighed with deep relief. "Uh...thanks," he said simply.

"Why 'Earworm' for a name?" asked Brainy.

"It's slang, Brainy. Twenty-first Century slang," answered Kara. "It means a song that gets stuck in your head, you know? One you can't stop singing?"

Brainy thought for a moment, and said, "No, I don't know."

Supergirl patted his chest lightly, and smiled. "I'll explain it to you later. He must have time traveled with me somehow. I'm really sorry, guys." Looking to the containment chamber, she asked, "What do we do with him?"

Blarghhhh!
Blarghhhh!

Jo simply ripped the inertron door off the chamber, caught the creature as it leapt out, and ripped it in half, spraying green blood everywhere. He had switched from strength to invulnerability, and was protected, just as Supergirl was protected by her invulnerability, and Brainy by his force field. Phantom Girl phased and let it pass through her, but Tenzil got splashed by a good amount of it. He wiped his face with his hand, licked it off of a finger, and walked over to the table with the frozen pieces on it. "I'm...um...just gonna..." he threw a thumb over his shoulder towards the door.

Tinya ran towards the opposite wall and phased through. Blarghhhh!

The others looked at Tenzil who shrugged and smiled weakly. "What? they're good."

Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cbOriginally Presented In: CCC #69.
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
OC Names:
Characters:
  • Earworm*
*I reserve the right to use Earworm separate from Mr. Mind's image, or in any way connected to DC Comics.
Comic Characters used in this fic:
Picture Credits:
GIS = Google Image Search
Picture
Credit: All pictures were found in the CV wiki or through GIS, and are property of DC Comics. Except for the Xenomorph picture, which belongs to either H.R. Giger, 20th Century Fox, or Brandywine Productions.
CCC #69 comments for Legion of Super-Heroes/ Aliens:
Just a quick note, guys, to credit the songs. "One of these things does not belong" is a song used on Sesame Street, and the other song is "Herman the Worm," a camp song I found on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-rg7EIt1x4cbishop
Well, this has been a tough one. Of all the entries I have to pick from, I'd have to give my vote to @cbishopRichGenX

It’s a tough choice but @RichGenX gets the vote with @cbishop in 2nd.

Good job everyone

batkevin74

Honorable mention: cbishop. Helps that I love a good Xenomorph tale.

stumpy49er

@stumpy49er: Your vote has been recorded. I can't argue with you on a good Xenomorph tale. That's part of why I gave @cbishop my vote. The other part was how he presented the OC in that one.

RichGenX

I go legion of Superheroes/aliens by @cbishop

DanteKesha

@dantekesha: Cool! Thanks. :)

cbishop

@richgenx: Voting Bishop. There you go

wildvine

@wildvine: Holy crud! Just saw this. Thanks, Wv. :)

cbishop

CBish gets my vote!

TommytheHitman

@tommythehitman:Whaaat? Thanks! :)

cbishop

Voting for Cbishop

Time_Phantom

@time_phantom: Thanks! :)

cbishop

All good reads, thank you.

My vote goes to cbishop today.

Maniac2312

@maniac2312: Thanks, Maniac'! (Never thought I'd say that) :)

cbishop

And as of about six minutes ago, we have a winner. Congrats @cbishop You've won CC#69.

RichGenX

Sweet! I really thought @batkevin74 was going to run away with this, considering Rick & Morty was in his. I'll have the new one up by this weekend.

cbishop

@cbishop: congratulations. You had a great story.

Time_Phantom

@cbishop: A well fought, well deserved victory my friend. I was confident but the peoples have spoken. Rack'em up lets go again

batkevin74

@time_phantom, @batkevin74: Thanks, guys. Still, I'm really surprised. Pleasantly, but really. lol :)

cbishop
.Full Fan-Fic Index. (My library of fics)

Thanks for stopping in! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to be edited.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 17

finally got around to reading this. great story :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop
@amazing_webhead said:

Sorry, man! I didn't get a notification on this. I just happened to see it on the forum. Appreciate you reading it. Parts of this I had always wanted to write. Mainly, the "Matter-Eater Lad Leads the Way" part. As long as I've though of an LSH/Aliens crossover, I knew that Bismollians would have just eaten them. lol

Oh, and Urk would eventually lead to something if I continued this. Another idea that's been in the back of my brain for a long time. :)

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 17

@cbishop said:
@amazing_webhead said:

Sorry, man! I didn't get a notification on this. I just happened to see it on the forum. Appreciate you reading it. Parts of this I had always wanted to write. Mainly, the "Matter-Eater Lad Leads the Way" part. As long as I've though of an LSH/Aliens crossover, I knew that Bismollians would have just eaten them. lol

Oh, and Urk would eventually lead to something if I continued this. Another idea that's been in the back of my brain for a long time. :)

s'okay, it happens

cool