Jack vs The Universe

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Decoy Elite

(Note: I do not own any of the character's in the story besides, Jack, Lucy, and Lucy's new guy.)

Hi my name’s Jack and I’m not having a very good day. Firstly, I got fired from my job, secondly I got the crap beaten out of me by some guy who’s %$##ing my exgirlfriend, thirdly I’m trapped in some weird dimensional arena thing with a bunch of the most dangerous killers in existence. Yeah, this isn’t a good day at all. I have a feeling the last part caught your interest, so let me explain…..

Okay so I’m not a good guy, even I know that. I mean, I’ve never really been nice to anyone and the only reason I box is because I like to beat the crap out of people. Well, I like to beat the crap out of people and make money. It’s that second part that got me fired, see I was taking some money on the side and pulling a few dives. Nothing big, but my boss didn’t like. Once I got home and told good ol’ Lucy the news she decided it was a good time to give me the news that me and her weren’t exactly an item anymore. After a little “confrontation” with Lucy’s new guy, I ended up going to the bar for a few beers. After I’d gotten nice and drunk the bartender kicked me out and I ended wandering around for a few hours until I was sober. Then it happened. This is a big “it” people, this “it” was the worst possible thing that could have happened to me. I mean, if a scientist were to do a statistical study of my life then they would come up with this as the worst thing that could possible happen to me. Anyway, here’s what happened. There was this big bright light and then next thing I know I’m not standing on the nice concrete sidewalk anymore. Nah, I’m standing on cold hard metal in this glass dome thing. Well, the whole dome wasn’t glass, but the top part was. I’d assume the rest was made of metal, I wouldn’t know because I didn’t get a good look. You see, I was a little busy staring at everyone else in the dome. There was flood of other people, most of them were really big guys who could probably take me down in one hit, some of them weren’t even people I saw this one guy who looked like he was made of light and crap. Weird stuff overall. Anyway, I’m sitting there ready to piss my pant when some voice starts up. It’s a load voice and it seems to fill the whole dome. “Welcome travelers to the Realm of-“I’m not going to even try to pronounce this things name. Let’s just say it’s called “M”. “I have brought you here for my own cosmic amusement. You all shall fight in a tournament. Whoever wins shall gain a fraction of my powers.” M says this like it happens every day. I’m sitting there gawking in horror, I mean come on! Most of these guys could crush me, how am I supposed to fight them? Before I can get a word in, I’m somewhere else and I’m not alone. No, I’m not lucky enough to be alone; instead I’m standing next to some big guy with 3 shiny metal claws coming out of each hand. Goody. I look up a big guy. “So, uh, hi I’m Jack and you are…?” I ask. I’m barely able to talk, I’m so afraid. Well the big guy looks down at me and says, “I’m wolverine, and I’m the best at what I do.”  I nearly crap my pants. Before we can have more fun talking time the guys starts slashing at me like a maniac, and somehow I’m dodging him. I roll out of the way of one of his huge slashes and I grab his arm. I’m running on instinct and it seems to be working.   As push his huge arm and next thing I know I’m driving those shinny claws into his huge neck. I try not to look; I’ve never killed anyone before. I hear this big “Plop” sound and then his head sitting there on the ground. I can’t believe it, I’ve one. Just when I’m about to do a happy dance M’s voice fills the room. “Congratulations victors, please prepare for round 2.” He says. At that point I decide to faint.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

More to come.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth

cool stuff

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Constantine

lol

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Similar to my Afro Man! comment, this story lost me once Marvel elements appeared. It's a nice technique for quickly establishing how the original character measures up, but it definitely took away from the original story to have Wolverine appear. A nobody acting on pure instinct, and taking out Wolverine? Funny, but unlikely. I mean...he's the best there is at what he does. :}

Also like Afro Man!, I'd have liked to have seen more of the original concept. Why am I bumping stories from 3.5 years ago? Because I was bored, and because I can.