man_of_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By man_of_forever

1 person narration by MOF:

I’m Man of Forever but for some reason everyone calls me MOF. I do think it’s rather catchy but that’s not what we are here for. I’m here to tell a story. But due to how Comicvine’s (CV or Vine) Role Playing Games (RPG or RP) usually turns out, my memory fades often around the climax of each major event. So bare with me. After my “Awakening” My mind was going throw many changes. I don’t know if you have tried to read an entire RPG story, but imagine all of those long posts being played out in your mind simultaneously while you try to fight a group of super powered people. It really starts to take a toll. After trying to stay involved in multiple stories, this gift… more like a curse at the time, was eating away at my mind. I was trying my hardest to stay in control but after the Vine Civil War and the end of my team, Tenth Magnitude, I couldn’t handle it anymore. There were rumors circulating that I had gone insane. And even though I hate to admit it... it was true. I was crazy. So this is the real story of what went on during that time when I was in a questionable state. The sons of the Dark Prince, TM, the Shattered Skulls, whatever you want to call us. It all starts there…

MOF walks up to the door of the TM HQ and a hologram of woman was projected. It was B.E.T.H. the teams AI system.

“Welcome back ztz Man of Forever ztz I kept the building secure ztz will you were out ztz.”  

“I’m sure you did. But the war is over now and things will revert back to normal. So you don’t need all the guns out front… and why are we still talking? Let me in!”

“Of course sir ztz.”

The hologram disappears and the door swings open. Ducking so he doesn’t hit his head, the Balance Keeper walks into the building’s main lobby. Even though it housed multiple super beings it was still a cooperate building. It was clean and not to flashy. Just how a hotel lobby would look. The first thing he sees is the group picture of the original ten who formed the team. He was in the picture but whenever he looked at it, it made him sick to his stomach. All but three of the originals had quit after a few years of it starting. Even though he was maybe the only one who paid any attention to it and knew its history, he was to prideful to take it down.

His cloak, paints and armor were covered in dust, mud and blood. The war started off petty and MOF didn’t have to do much. But the final push of both sides made him get involved. He only fought to make sure neither side would fall under the force of the other. They charged at each other in the most basic of was. Two groups going head on with people in the sky and people on land. The clash was deadly and MOF had his work cut out for him. He tried his hardest to make sure he didn’t take a life and didn’t tip the balance himself. Even though the RPG Awareness was helping him keep track of everything it also made his head want to explode.

He takes his time walking up the steps. His body wasn’t sore and he wasn’t physically exhausted but he was mentally worn out. Dragging his heavy armored boots he finally reaches his quarters. He doesn’t turn the door knob like usual, instead he pushes on the door and it becomes something like plasma. Not completely liquid but not completely solid. He walks throw it with out the door losing its form. As soon as all of the Blue Giant was through the door it restored itself to solid. MOF sets his sights on his bed. He never uses it but each bedroom in the TM building came standard with a bed, a closet, a computer desk, a rolly chair, and a bathroom.

He plops on the edge of the bed and lets out a huge sigh. His hands placed on the bed’s comforter and his head dropped so low that it looked like he didn’t know how to use his neck muscles. He sighs again and uses his left hand to pull his hair back and out of his face. He reaches down and starts to unfasten his boots. After both are off, he tosses them over by the closet. In a very non caring manor he slips his gauntlets off and drops the on the floor. He pauses for another time as if taking off his clothes was the hardest thing ever. He lifts his armor chest plate and his cloak comes off at the same time.

He places the black piece of metal on the other side of the bed. He stands up and takes his belt off which holds the handle to his sword. He tosses it on the bed as well. He walks into his bathroom and takes his pants off and takes a shower. After a few minutes he is back out and dry with what it seams is a brand new pair of red pants. But all he did was uses his matter manipulation to clear off the grimy parts and patch up any tares. He isn’t wearing any shoes or shirt. And he walks out his room and downstairs.

Narration:

At that time no body was really active on the team except me and Siphon so the house was always quiet…

While the Man of Forever walks down the steps Siphon walks up the steps.

“Sup…”

“Sup…”

That’s was the extent of their conversation because MOF knew that Siphon was even more tired then he was. The Glowing Champion walks to the lounge room and sits in the middle of the couch in front of the TV. It was a large plasma screen TV and MOF hardly watched it. He grabs the remote and turns it on. 4 smaller screen where on the TV. Each playing a different channel. MOF learns fast now ever since he met the Weak One in the middle ages. He only watches “educational” television such as things like: History channel, Discovery channel, Animal channel, and the world news.

B.E.T.H. appears again. MOF hated the hologram mainly cause she was always was popping up saying things he already knew.

“Ztz Man of Forever, ztz you have received a message ztz.”

“Well patch it through…!”

Narration:
What the message said was no less surprising and devastating… but I’m glad I got it...

man_of_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By man_of_forever

B.E.T.H. plays the message. It wasn’t in her voice, which means it was a recording.

“To the leader of Tenth Magnitude, Man of Forever. I am the leader of a separate and secret sector of TM and I am pleased to be the one to tell you that the Dark Prince is completely destroyed. We have stalked him through time and space and caught him off guard. But we couldn’t have done it with out your sector of the legion. If you hadn’t stopped many of his plans on Earth we wouldn’t have been able to stand up to his power. So I thank you and also bring you even more good news. Now that he is dead all the ones who helped destroy him will revive immortality. From leader to leader our job is done. Signing off.”

“That is ztz the end of the ztz message sr.”

“I figured since he said, “Signing off.” But what I don’t understand is how we will receive the immortality.”

“Ztz this was sent at the ztz same time as the message ztz.”

A hovering platter like object flew into the room and on it was a small chess. Next to the ancient looking box was a note and MOF picks it up and reads it.

It simply said: “Open and live forever.”

With a little chuckle the Blue Gant says. “I will most likely do so with out it… so when it comes I will cherish my death. Maybe Siphon would want to be immortal. B.E.T.H. could you ask Siphon to come downstairs please.

“Yes sir ztz… ( a few seconds) it is done ztz.”

Just then MOF’s most loyal friend comes down stairs in completely new and clean clothes.

“Yo, what’s up, Big Man?”

Narration:

Hahaha. I love that mutant. We’ve been through so much together its ridiculous. I often wonder how we can have this friendship when we are no doubt opposites. Anyways back to the story…

“The Dark Prince is dead and keeping the promise those who want it can receive Immortality. The box is right here if you want it…”

“What would I want that for? Life is crazy as it is so why would I want to stay on this heel hole forever? And besides. Almost everyone that lives for multiple centuries end up going insane.”

“You have no idea…” MOF thinks.

“Well that is certainly fine with me.” MOF says out loud. “B.E.T.H., please take the box and put in the armed chamber.”

“Yes ztz sir ztz.”

She disappears and the hover-plate exits the room. Siphon sits in his usual chair and starts talking.

“Ah, do you think B.E.T.H. seams strange lately?”

“She has been strange ever since we installed her. She is pushing my patience.”

“Hahaha. No, I mean like she’s on the frits. You ever hear her spark up like that when she talked before?”

“Honestly I try to ignore her when she talks…”

“Ok… well I think we need to check on her.”

“Why? She is not some child that needs a doctor check up.”

“Yeah true…”

The two brothers watch the TV shows for about a couple of hours. Then it starts up again. The tremendous head aches that MOF periodically gets. The Alien begins to rub his head at the temples and moan.

“Is the screen messing with your freaky eyes, MOF?” Siphon laughs a little.

“Yeah I think so… I’m going to my room and take a break for a while.”

“Aight cool man.”

The Balance Keeper stands up and turns to leave the lounge room when B.E.T.H. appears in front of him.

“You ztz are not ztz going anywhere ztz!”

“B.E.T.H. I already have head ache and now you’re just being annoying…”

“See, bruh, that’s what I’m talking about. Since when does she tell us what to do?”

MOF continues to walk and pass up the hologram. Suddenly robotic arms, that moved like snakes, pop out of the ceiling and punch MOF in the face and gut. Siphon instantly jumps up with fist glowing with energy.

“Oh heeeeell no!”

The Leader of TM was hit in two places at once but no pain was felt. He held his head to the side MOF says.

“Ok… I really hate this holographic whore!”

Then MOF reaches up and grabs the arms and uses his matter manipulation to cause them to explode.

“Sit ztz Lamont ztz!”

More robotic arms burst out of the chair were sitting in. They grab him and pull him onto the seat and squeeze tight on him trying to pin him down and constrict him.

“Phorealio?!” Siphon says as he grabs the metallic bars and absorbs all their energy, disintegrating them. Then the Hooded Hunter hops out of the chair and says.

“I’m going to go shut her off!”

He takes off running trying to get to TM command center. As he ran projectiles flew out of the walls aimed at the Energy Reaper but his skill was too great. He flips, dodges, kicks and absorbs anything that he had thrown at him.

MOF says ”Come on, B.E.T.H. give everything you can! I’m going to have fun dismantling you!”

As soon as he finishes his sentence a pole shots out and hits him in the stomach.

“Foolish machine, didn’t you just try that?”

MOF grabs the pole and was about to rip out of the wall.

Narration:

This part was really painful…

“No ztz you are the fool ztz!”

From the wall a huge electrical charge traveled through the pole and electrocuted the Laidback Conqueror. The bolts were powerful and because MOF was holding the pole, it over powered his nervous system to the point he couldn’t control his muscles and such. All he can do is scream for a while. He finally concentrates on the current of electricity and used his probability manipulation that the power will go out in the whole facility. It does for a while and the whole building is dark. B.E.T.H. is gone and the pole stops shocking MOF.

MOF glows bright in the darkness and the spot in his belly and hands are smoking from the electrical burns. Suddenly the lights turn back on and B.E.T.H. reappears.

“What the…?!” Siphon says.

“Nether of you will leave this building alive! And nether of you will stop me!” B.E.T.H. says to the brothers that are in two separate rooms but she is now in the whole at once.

B.E.T.H. tries to do the same electric pole thing to Siphon but he drops to his back and kicks upwards snapping the pole. He then pushes off the ground and lands on his feet, He takes off to the command center and roundhouse kicks the door down. Siphon smiles when he can see the over ride button on the wall. The bars shoot out of the ground and block the entrance

MOF is still down stairs trying to fight something he can’t hit and is trying not to concentrate on his head ache. He can see everything that just happened to Siphon even though he is filled with pride on how easily his brother has gotten to the room he doesn’t want to have it happening in his head. The man that never sleeps is surrounded my many high-tech weaponry and is trying to stall until Siphon shuts B.E.T.H. down.

Narration:

What happens just topped the day off for the worst thing that could happen...

Siphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Siphon

Nice dude great detail along with believable dialogue and action. I think you portrayed Siphon well. Great job man. lemme know if you need any help with this.

man_of_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By man_of_forever

Thanks bruh. :P I'll hit U up If I cant think of nothin else.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Narration:

I could only use my stolen fighting skills and my original powers because I left all my items in my room. Its not that those are the only things I know how to fight with anymore because I used to defeat people with out any my upgrades. But my items sure do make my job quicker and easier.

The Overgrown Smurf spin kicks a laser shooter and sends it flying into the wall. As he lands bullets fly at his back but they smash into his indestructible skin and fall off after being crushed. Small but deadly razor discs are launched at MOF and as he reaches out to them they vaporize as he uses his matter manipulation. This fight with B.E.T.H. seams endless, because every time MOF destroyed a piece of weaponry more would come and take its place.

Narration:

I often wished B.E.T.H. was a living organism so she would learn when to cease speaking and recognize the fact that I didn’t even want her around. But when Siphon gave me the idea for an AI system it seamed appealing at the time. Usually his ideas are great and work out good for everyone, but if only we planned B.E.T.H. more…

Siphon got cocky when he saw the metal bars keeping him from entering the room. He felt that once a computer system is programmed it can’t be modified on its own. But this was a rare piece of technology. It learns just as we do. The Hooded Hunter grabs the bars and was about to absorb the energy from them, which was exactly what B.E.T.H. wanted.

A large flow of electricity channeled through the bars just like before against MOF. As he concentrated only on the molecular make up of the metal he left himself vulnerable to the raw power of the electricity. As he is struck with the bolts he is sent flying backwards. He hits the floor of the hallway behind him. His hands, face, and torso smoking from the attack.

Narration:
I've been around Siphon a long time but I’m still not sure how his abilities work. So I might have been wrong with that explanation. My apologies...

“Ztz this is very ztz amusing that you ztz two think you ztz can stop and ztz even destroy me. You may have ztz installed me and ztz felt that you controlled ztz me but I have grown by ztz watching all of you ztz in this building. Ztz so now I control this house ztz and since you ztz defy me… you will perish ztz!”

The TM AI system unleashed every attack on MOF while she lowered an arm with a saw on it over the seemingly unconscious Siphon. She really did know the team better then anyone had previously thought. She knew the Man of Forever even with all his powers couldn’t handle too many obstacles at once. And she knew if Siphon was knocked out he couldn’t use his powers to heal from any injuries. But what she didn’t factor in was how living organisms will do anything to survive and how creatively simply those ways can be.

As the spinning blade was about to sever Siphon's chest he opens his eyes and grins. He uses his belated phasing ability and falls through the floor and lands on his feet downstairs. The saw stops immediately as B.E.T.H. relies her failure. Right before the weapons in the Lounge room fire MOF stops time. Now MOF can deal with each obstacle in due time. He walks up to each piece of technology and smashes, melts or explodes all of them and then returns time.

“Ztz no! This doesn’t add up ztz! You both should be dead ztz!”

Man of Forever runs out into the lobby were he mentally saw his brother land.

“You couldn’t beat us if you wanted to B.E.T.H.! We do this stuff for a living!” Siphon yells back.

Feeling desperate to murder the members of TM she only has one move left.

“Fine! Ztz I will show you ztz!

As the lights flicker, the building begins to quake. Not from natural forces but B.E.T.H. was causing the building to collapse on itself by shifting the technology and interior she infected.

“Oh Snap!” Siphon yells.

“The Balance!” MOF yells.

The brothers are technically saying the same thing. Something equivalent to “Oh My God!” But because of their different cultures that they are from, those are the words they choose.

Narration:
Chunks of the ceiling fell on the two of us. And we tryed to dodge them all but all we were doing was delaying the inevitable. After only a minute the whole building is laying in rubble and we were buried underneath.

man_of_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By man_of_forever

Suddenly a segment of the debris glows blue then explodes. Out of the whole a glowing Siphon levitating out. Not far away the ground begins to shift and separate then the Blue Giant leaps out of the hole.

Siphon lowers himself on top of the crumbled building and says

“Aint this some stuff…”

Knowing what he meant MOF replies.

“Indeed it is… one second please.”

Time is frozen once again and MOF starts’ digging through the rocks and dirt and then finds his items. He cleans them off and puts them on. Then he walks back to where he was before and returns time.

After seeing MOF go from topless to fully suited up in a matter of a second Siphon slightly jumps.

“Could you at least worn me next time before you do your quick change thing? Almost gave me heart attack.”

“My apologize. I thought you knew it was coming…”

Out of the wreckage a levitating piece of technology projects B.E.T.H.’s face.

“You haven’t ztz finished me yet ztz! I will have my ztz –“

The voice was cut off when MOF clutched his fist and used his mater manipulation to crush the projector. It falls to the ground.

“Finally she is silenced…” MOF whispers to himself.

Turning to face the city Siphon says.

“So what now, bro? The Dark Prince is destroyed, B.E.T.H. destroyed, TM is destroyed… half of is destroyed.”

Narration:

After Siphon put all the horrible facts out there it all sunk in. I hand nothing holding me to this planet other then Lamont. I have seen the super beings of this planet at their worst. My mind began to corrupt just then to a level that I would have feared if I were still in my right mind. I begin to hate this world, despise its inhabitants. I was completely insane that moment and it appeared nothing would turn me back…

“Leave this planet or share its fate…” MOF said to Siphon.

“What are you talking about, MOF?” The young man replied.

“They will suffer my wrath but I am willing to spare only you.”

Just then the enchanted MOF-Cycle appeared and its rider climbed on.

“You can’t destroy this planet! What about the Balance?! What about all your other friends?! What about all the innocent lives?!” Siphon yelled trying to bring his friend back to his senses.

No words left the lips of the Mad Balance Keeper but only a glare that meant “Do what I said” was sent at his brother. Then the Blue Giant looked away and twists back the handle of his motorcycle and in an instance his was in the sky and out of the Earth’s atmosphere. Siphon raised his hand over his face blocking the flung debris. Then he looks up to the sky and he can still see the hole in the clouds that MOF flew through.

“What has happened to you, Man of Forever…?” The Energy Reaper says to himself.

Siphon leaps off of the mountain of rubble and lands on the street.

“Time to keep my on kind of balance…” Siphon says right before blasting off into the city.

mark1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By mark1212

mind blowing i wish i would ev been here when TM was full force would of loved to join but know we BA's lol great story

man_of_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By man_of_forever
Siphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Siphon

Nice dude I like the way you brought out Siphon's personality. Perfect.

mark1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By mark1212

great ones

man_of_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers