Iron Age: X-Faction 6

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AweSam

To avoid confusion, I changed to third-person narrative. Enjoy.

X-Faction 6

Chase dropped to the hard ground. Blood gushing from his mouth from the impact of the iron fist that shattered his collarbone.

“Chase!” Alyssa yelled.

“Don't lose focus.” Gray says diverting his attention to Alyssa.

He attempted a kick, but she quickly vanished. Alyssa then proceeded to aid Chase, leaving herself vulnerable. Just as Gray went in for an attack, he gets crushed by a large stone arm.

“Tank!” Alyssa yelled excitedly.

“Go.” He said as he entered the battle.

Alyssa picked Chase up and made her way into the broadcasting station along with Drake and Lily.

“Should we really be leaving him there alone?” Drake asked.

“Tank can handle himself. Chase said this was top priority, so we have to complete the mission.”

Using his ability to become intangible, Drake goes to the broadcasting room where he forces everyone to evacuate. Alyssa then teleports Chase and Lily to Drake.

“Okay, everyone get your masks, we only have a few minutes. I'll prepare the cameras a equipment.” Drake said.

Meanwhile, outside of the station.

“Your team left you. It appears as if they're just using you.” Gray said.

Tank smiles. “They know I don't need them to beat you.”

Their fists clash, causing the stone from Tank's fist to shatter.

“Your little trick is quite amusing, but this suit can break through anything.”

“Let's test that.” Tank says, releasing his stone armor. He then walks to a vehicle, using the metal to cloak himself. “Come at me now.”

Gray rushes Tank, blasting the metal off his shoulder. Unfazed, Tank strikes Gray, causing him to crash into a nearby building. Gray flies out of the rubble, revealing no signs of damage. In an instant, he flies straight into Tank, but his attack fails when Tank grabs him and slams him into the ground, punching him deeper and deeper. As his fist crashes onto Gray, he catches it and blasts the metal off of his arm.

“No matter what you do, nothing will ever damage this suit. This new model grants me the power of a high class hunter while giving me the flexibility and speed to make me unbeatable. I'm not even trying.” Gray says.

Tank charges him, attempting the punch him, but Gray quickly ducks and strikes Tank in the chest, releasing a large blast, finishing off him off.

“Good job, sir. Should we go and arrest the terrorists inside the broadcasting station?” A soldier asks.

“No.” Gray answers. “We should retreat for now.”

“but, sir.”

“That's an order.” Gray interrupts.

They make a hasty escape, leaving Tank unconscious.

“Everything's ready to go. You guys prepared?” Drake asks.

“Check.” Lily answers.

Alyssa approaches Chase. “Are you sure you can do this?”

“I'll be fine.” Chase answers.

“Lights. Camera. Action! We're live.” Drake says, pointing a camera at a masked Chase.

“This is a message for Ferrum. We are the X-Faction. The mutant genocide ends now. I hereby declare war on Ferrum and the iron army. I urge any mutant watching this, please listen to me. For too long now, Ferrum has hunted us, our families, and our friends. Because of them, our lives have become a living hell. Why they live a life of luxury, we struggle just to survive. It must stop now. Only together can we end this war. This goes out to anyone working under Ferrum. Leave now or face the wrath of the X-Faction. We will hunt down anyone associated with the death of a mutant. You may think we're small and weak, but our will is strong. Like our need for justice, we'll grow. As of this day. As of this hour. As of this very second, the war begins!”

Meanwhile at the Ferrum headquarters.

“Mr. Chairman, one of out broadcasting stations in New York has been...”

“I know.” He interrupts.

“What should we do, sir?”

The chairman rises from his seat. “They want a war? They'll get one. As of now, Operation: Phoenix is a go. This world will burn for its sins.”

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

It's

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTT!

I'm not sure how accurate that spelling is.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Good Job, I have a good idea why the Iron Soldiers backed off but I'm looking forward to see how it plays out

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

@TheCannon: Thaaaannnkkksssss

@joshmightbe: It was because Gray wanted to see how things turned out, but I'm open to opinions.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: I figured they were planning on using X-Faction's message as justification for something

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: Eh, he's a pretty simple guy.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DickGrayson

Awesome! Looking forward to more.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AweSam

@DickGrayson:Thanks. Same to you.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@AweSam: Nice work. Minor mistake "Okay, everyone get your masks, we only have a few minutes. I'll prepare the cameras a equipment.” Drake said. Should be either cameras and equipemt or just camera equipment. Operation: Phoenix you say...I bet it's to do with Arizona :)

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam

@batkevin74 said:

@AweSam: Nice work. Minor mistake "Okay, everyone get your masks, we only have a few minutes. I'll prepare the cameras a equipment.” Drake said. Should be either cameras and equipemt or just camera equipment. Operation: Phoenix you say...I bet it's to do with Arizona :)

Err, I only skimmed through it once, missed that. Hah, they wish they involved Phoenix Arizona.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

Looking forward to part 7

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@AweSam:

GET READY FOR WAAAAAAAAR!!!

Seriously, though. GREAT read. That bit where Drake goes on TV to announce he's waging war on Ferrum reminds me of New Avengers #54 where after beating The Hood Clint Barton takes of his mask and tries to tell the world that "Norman Osborn and The Hood are in cahoots." and tells the world to do something about it.

I liked it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@AweSam: Casual bump