Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Injustice - Hawker #4: The Red Dawn

All characters apart from Hawker are owned by DC Comics

For the previous issue click the first link for Issue 3.

Mount Hood, Oregon, United Stated

“ID checks out.” The soldier at the gate stated blankly, “Please proceed for a full body search Dr. Minerva.” He added as the woman dressed in a hooded arctic parker nodded and staggered along the cold concrete floor on the pair of crutches she used. Ducking inside the corrugated iron hut the woman blinked as a man dressed in a black parker and a woman with blue skin moved to intercept. She knew both of them; Sonar had been offered a cash incentive to aid in the One Earth’s indoctrination programme and Killer Frost was a victim of Sonar's manipulations, both were potentially deadly enemies.

“Really Dr Cyber you think you could get in here without us knowing?” Sonar stated as security forces stalked up behind Minerva and pushed an assault rifle in her back. “You are number twenty nine on Superman’s thirty most wanted.”

“I came for Hamilton.” ‘Minerva’ stated as she flicked the hood back to reveal a dark skinned face with sparkling hazel eyes and a beautiful half smile on her face. “You have any questions, comments or stupidly regrettable actions you want to do now before I leave.”

No Caption Provided

“That’s…that’s not Doctor Cyber!” Sonar spat, “Who the hell is that?”

“Have you heard of Hawker?” ‘Minerva’ asked as she leaned on the crutches. “You must have right?”

“Isn’t that the woman who was bitch-slapped across Metropolis by that Doomhound thing a few weeks ago?” Killer Frost asked. “Was that you?”

“A little to your left.” Hawker answered, “And yes that was me hence the crutches.”

“Your orders Mr. Walden?” One of the soldiers asked as Sonar levelled a sonic blaster at Hawker before narrowing his eyes. “Is it worth putting the control chips in this one or not?” Sonar was about to reply when a shot rang out and a bullet slashed through the wall of the hut before flying through Sonar’s head and Killer Frost’s chest before exiting through the opposite wall. Stunned the troops tensed up for a minute before opening fire only to see Hawker spin round armed with a bo-staff hidden in her crutches before being swiftly disarmed.

“Hawker Actual this is Hawker One.” Hawker said as she smacked a staggering Killer Frost around the head with her staff. “Security is disabled, head to exfil point while I acquire the package.”

No Caption Provided

“Roger that Hawker One.” Hawker Actual replied “Got my sights on the T120 Cargo Transporter Train parked in the station. While you rescue Hamilton I’ll weaponize it ready for our escape.”

“Roger that.” Hawker answered as she sprinted across the snow covered concrete to a second corrugated iron hut, a blur of metal and ceramic catching the corner of her eye as Hawker Actual flew towards the station located at the far end of the base. Barrelling through the door Hawker neutralised the shaking guard before walking over to the bespectacled man in a lab coat tied to the bed. “Doctor Hamilton I’m here to rescue you.” She stated as she cut the bounds with a combat knife tapped to her leg.

“Aren’Aren't you a little short,” Hamilton gasped, “to be one of Kal-El’s stormtroopers?”

“Don’t worry about that.” Hawker answered before lifting Hamilton to his feet before he walked over to the workstation and pulled a brief case with attached handcuffs before slapping them over his wrist, a time lock appearing on the case in big red letters. “I’d wager that this is more important to your client then I am. Now please get me out of here before more security shows up. Hawker nodded and policed the unconscious guards M21 before peeking out the door and looking over to the flat bed carriages in the station. “Okay go I’ll be right behind you.” She ordered before pushing Hamilton out into the open before following him out just as an alarm started blaring. “And you may want to run.” She added as troops emerged from the huts and underground guard posts only to be met with pinpoint gunfire that cut them down swiftly as she and Hamilton climbed onto the railed flatbed cars of the train.

“Jesus what is that?” Hamilton swore as an armoured figure strode forward holding an Y3 AGL Grenade Launcher as the train lurched forward.

“You enjoying yourself Doc?” Hawker asked as she pushed Hamilton under cover before leaning on the 23mm AA gun mounted on the carriage.

“Now I know why you where this thing.” Doc answered, “It’s like being plugged into both nature and the World Wide Web, the data streaming feature alone helped me to enhance our journey to Metropolis.”

“Good for you.” Hawker answered as the train rounded a bend and ran parallel along the access road to the base. “I assume everything is wirelessly networked using my awesome suit?”

No Caption Provided

“You reckon?” Doc answered as a pair of Jackal patrol vehicles drew level with them. With a flick of her wrist she lased the first vehicle and the AA guns opened fire, ripping the Jackal to pieces as the second opened fire with its machine guns. Springing behind cover both Doc and Hawker watched as the Jackal stopped and the driver got out and lased the train itself.

“There trying to zero in their artillery.” Doc said as the AA guns ripped the side of the road to pieces. “Not a problem.” She added as she threw Hawker a detonator which the merc squeezed before discarding. “That should scramble them.” She added as the train neared a station carved into the mountain wall bustling with troops and a parked Jackal patrol vehicle. Almost immediately the train stopped and the guards opened fire forcing the pair of mercenaries to the other side of the carriage as the AA guns returned fire.

“Can we avoid stopping please?” Hawker asked as she shot Hamilton a look as he sat huddled up in the engine cab before throwing the M21 away and removed her SS-77 Vektor Machine Gun and suppressed the gunners on the Jackal. “And now we have unwelcome boarders.” She sighed as Doc launched a round of grenades onto the platform behind them.

“First carriage go.” Doc ordered as she dropped the Y3 and followed Hawker to the front of the train before uncoupling the second carriage. “Okay one rock slide incoming.” She added removing a second detonator and squeezing it as the train pulled away from the station, the remaining carriages exploding behind them. “While you were playing babysitter I was busy.” She added as the mountain shook and a set of flying rocks hovered alongside, all loaded with troopers.

“Geomancer crud.” Hamilton swore, “I thought he was out of commission.” He added as a man dressed in black leapt off the piece of flying stone and onto the tracks in front of the train a wall of rock holding onto the engine as the troops on the rocks opened fire. “Do something Kal El must not find out what we were working on and for whom.” He added as a rocket took out the AA turret.

“Any ideas?” Doc asked Hawker as she removed a radio beacon strapped to her arm.

“Just one.” She added, “Grab Hamilton and get out of here.” She ordered, “While you were picking a good sniper perch I was busy.” She finished as Doc flared the Hawker Huntress’s wings, grabbed Hamilton and leapt off the side of the mountain. “Hey Geomancer I’m here to rock your world.” She purred before pressing the ‘send’ button on the beacon before following Doc down. Confused Geomancer felt the earth tremble before seeing an avalanche of falling rock head towards the train at a velocity that was impossible to stop. Shifting focus he trained his thoughts on the rockslide before creating a bubble of safety around him as his men fell to their deaths.

No Caption Provided

“Control the thieves leapt to their deaths.” Geomancer stated blankly. “Heading back now.” He added as he flew back to the prison base on the mountain plateau. As he left he saw a slight movement but ignored what it might be. Perched on a ledge thanks to her magnetized boots and the series of pitons drilled into the rock Hawker smiled as Doc landed in the cave behind her and removed the camouflage sheeting to reveal a regime gunship stored away.

“Easy day.” She snorted as Hamilton snuck inside the armoured helicopter. “Next stop Denver, then Smallville, Gotham and finally Metropolis.”

“Day’s not over.” Hawker added, “Something stinks about all this; the mystery client, that case and the timer. Let’s just hope we get to Denver for starters, and hope our presence remains unnoticed.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hawker is such a bad ass! Great stuff!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Thanks. Doctor Cyber is no wilting violet in this either. I assume you noticed the Bloody War and New Hope references?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@impurestcheese: I was a little confused in the beginning but the story sort of picked up towards the end. Not as much action as the last issue but I think that it turned out to be a wise decision (allows us to examine the main character more than the cameo fighter). So is Elenore Hawker Actual or Hawker One?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Hawker One. She and Doc swapped places because wearing a bronze face mask and being wanted makes you stick out like some kind of sore thumb.