TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Previously:

Our brave hero, the mighty Jetman meditated upon Mount Everest where he found himself part of an unwarranted assault by the villainous Metal Samurai! Defending himself, the brave Jetman was distraught upon discovering he accidentally killed his attacker and left with a heavy heart!

January 1st, 2025.

Two hours.

That was how long it took Jetman to fly back to America, and that whole time the image of the Metal Samurai's skull flying clean from his shoulders stayed stuck in the immortal man's mind like how a thorn stayed stuck in someone's finger.

'It was fine.' He muttered to himself every now and then. 'Just an accident. Couldn't be helped.' And though the expression on his face was one of strength and warmth, the feeling deep inside his stomach told an entirely different story.

Halfway through his journey he paused to take a break upon a green hilltop. He leaned up against a tree and - truly realizing what he had done - put his his head into his hands and cried. This display of tears occurred for a full two minutes before ceasing, and following this emotional outburst the immortal man zipped up into the air and continued his flight all whilst trying to keep the events of the last few hours in the back of his mind.

A few hundred miles away in an office building as far from nature as humanly possible stood a king.

He looked out over his kingdom with a smile on his face and walked away with a spring in his step. This king's name was Michael Milton, and he was without a single shred of doubt the most powerful man on Earth.

'Michelle.' Michael said as he stepped from his office into the reception area. 'Could you call the boys in the garage and tell them to prep the Mech suit? Something important has come up.' He unclipped the tie that hung tight around his neck and moved towards the elevator as Michelle nodded from behind her desk.

Michelle's face, with the exception of her makeup, lipstick and blonde hair was the exact same as that of her employer's.

'Yes, sir. Shall I cancel your meetings for the rest of the day?'

'No, no.' Michael said as he pressed the button for the garage. 'This shouldn't take too long.'

It wound up taking a full 15 minutes to get the Mech suit in working order, shoddy work on the garage crew's part. Michael was sat now in the suit's cockpit, a rubbery bubble surrounded by layer upon layer of the strongest metal on Earth.

'The suit's all prepped, sir!' One of the tech boys said over the suit's communicator. An image of the speaker's face appeared upon the mech's holographic display. The speaker's face was a somewhat more weary replica of Michael's.

'Thank you, Michael.' Michael said with a sly smile. 'Open Escape Wall 13, please and have a very nice day.'

'Roger, sir.' The other Michael said. 'And you too.'

The building wall to the Mech suit's right folded into itself and revealed the side of the building across the street. Michael, the main Michael, simply lifted his leg into the air and the Mech did the exact same.

On the street below just outside of a parking lot stood the Cricketeer. He was a nervous, twitchy sort in a dark green onesie, but despite this he had a heart of gold. In his hands he was holding a wooden cricket bat, and in this young man's heart he held the proud title of 'superhero'. Though nobody would have said this to his face.

'No, ma'am.' He said in the loud, heroic voice he normally put on in front of civilians. 'Madison Square Garden is about 13 blocks thataw-'

The sound of crushing metal ripped through the air making the young hero jump out of his skin. He spun around towards the car park and raised his arm protectively in front of the elderly Norwegian lady he had been trying to help.

'Holy Moley!' He yelled as a giant, shell shaped Mech towered above him. He looked desperately to the woman behind him and in a panicked tone said: 'Don't worry, ma'am! I've got this!'

He brandished his bat, grit his teeth and got ready to fight.

'Don't worry, citizens!' A heroic voice bellowed from somewhere in the street. 'The Red Shadow shall protect you from this-'

Frowning, the Cricketeer waved his hand in the empty space next to him and felt something there. Angrily he slapped at the space causing a figure dressed entirely in red to appear out of nowhere.

'Ow! What the hell, Cricket?!' The Red Shadow yelled whilst rubbing the back of his head. The Mech was standing quietly above the two, it hadn't moved an inch since it landed.

'Today's my patrol day, Shadow!' Cricketeer snapped, gripping his companion by the arm and keeping him still with the proportionate strength of a Cricket. 'I'm not letting you take my day again!'

'I'M more popular, Crick!' Shadow said with a nasty smile on his otherwise empty face. 'Corporate wants me out and about as much as-'

A heroic voice rang out from the rooftops.

'Don't worry everyone! Silent Sailor is here t-'

In the street both the Cricketeer and the Red Shadow groaned. This would more than likely go on for a few minutes.

Inside his Mech, Michael rolled his eyes and unfolded a magazine.

'Are you okay in there, sir?' The other Michael asked over the communicator.

'I'm fine, Michael.' Michael sighed whilst browsing the gossip columns.

He was just over the Pacific when he heard what was happening.

Jetman liked to listen to audiobooks whilst flying but would often switch to the news channels to see if anything was happening.

'-giant Mech in New York. Dozens of superheroes are on the scene outside the Milton Mechanics buildi-'

Jetman's face dropped and anger filled it. 'Milton.' Was all he said, before bursting through the air at even greater speeds than what he had been flying.

'Sir?'

To his surprise Michael had fallen asleep, magazine still on his lap. He looked through the cockpit's viewpoint and saw that a small crowd of superheroes were now stood in front of him, all of whom were too busy bickering among themselves to notice that he had awoken.

'Don't worry, Michael.' Michael said. 'I'll repay the employees for any of their property I've damaged.'

'Not that, sir.' Other Michael said. 'You have incoming!'

Micahel's eyes drifted to the suit's pinging radar system. It was blinking fast as a red object seemed to be streaking towards him.

'Oh good! He's here!'

In the span of a second something terrifically fast slammed into Michael's Mech at a force that shouldn't have been possible. The result of the impact was a deafening shockwave that sent the Mech as well as the heroes stood in front of it flying in different directions. The Mech itself slammed into the side of the Milton building and Michael lay rattled on the floor of his cockpit.

'He's in a mood...' Was all that the Trillionaire managed to say before the cockpit's walls were ripped open apart like paper.

Jetman cast the cockpit walls aside with a ruthless, uncaring nature and he looked down at Michael who looked up at him completely unfazed.

'Hello, brother.' Michael said with a bloodied smile. 'I was hoping that we could talk.'

Next issue!

Who is Other Michael?!

Who IS Jetman?!

And what dastardly secret is he hiding?!

Find out NEXT TIME in INFINIVERSE!

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That last line, dude. Lol. Great job with the humor, and I like your premise (at least what I'm able to gather of it so far). I feel like you changed the characterization of Jetman though. From what I remember in the first issue, he seemed like a jerk, and he wasn't all that concerned about killing the Samurai. Now it's the complete opposite. Wonder if that's intentional...

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4 wildvine  Moderator

Interesting recap, to say the least. Now this could be an awkward retcon, but it seems to obvious for that. An unreliable narrator is also possible, but that fits more with a slapstick/4th wall breaking story. And the first chapter was devoid of comedy, unless the violent decapitation was meant to be shock humor, and if so then I must say it failed splendidly. Now you may be trying to shift into comedy-- I certainly see some elements here, but if so then (not to beat a dead horse into hamburger) maybe murder was not the way to begin. I think the narration may be from Jetman's perspective, in short.

We have yet to see any hint of a secret Jetman is hiding, not counting multiple murders.

So far what I've seen a man pushed to the point of a mental break due to being the seemingly one capable superhero in the entire world, at least with Metal Samurai dead. Which makes me wonder, did Jetman kill all the heroes that could challenge him? Because what's left act pretty ineffectual.

Maybe this is a commentary on how jaded even heroes become in a world where wonder itself is mundanity. Or should we take this as Lovecraftian horror, the world and its "defenders" being unaware paper dolls for an unstable god who could kill everyone on a whim, with everyone powerless to stop this force of destruction. It almost feels like the silly age heroes transplanted into Watchmen-verse. Someone write that fanfic.

Character-wise I must confess a bit of boredom with Jetman. Thus far we see him brood, and be violent, twice in rapid succession. What kind of hero is he? Or was he? Is he a fallen hero or was he always a douche? Let us see him through another's eyes, telling us about him while protecting his undesirable secrets from us crafty readers.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Thanks for reading Wildvine.

Yeah we’re absolutely gonna see Jetman from other viewpoints, this issue was just more about setting up his brother Michael, whilst also showing the state of the superhero community of this world. All of which is gonna be more developed going forth.

Thanks!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Thanks for reading.

I’m not trying to make it overly comedic, except for maybe the ‘previously’ part, just trying to keep it straight.

Thanks.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@tommythehitman: My guess is "What if Superman went senile?" Your Michael touches on a concept I have for one of my villains- interested to see what you do with it.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Thanks for reading.

I’m not trying to make it overly comedic, except for maybe the ‘previously’ part, just trying to keep it straight.

Thanks.

And yet...lol. I didn't think you were, but you pull it off naturally. Noticed it in the your last fan-fic, too. And I might just have a morbid sense of humor because I laughed when he chucked the body into space. Anyway, looking forward to part 3.