TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

January 1st, 2025.

'One day.'

If there was a place in all the world that made Jetman feel at home it was 29000 feet atop the world's largest mountain. Atop this rocky peak the only sound that filled the man's ears was the sound of the wind blasting into him at many miles an hour, yet strangely the caped hero was alright with this. He took a long, deep breath with the world's most powerful set of lungs and exhaled. He closed his eyes and hoped, practically begged for a single moment of peace.

From his perch above the world Jetman felt himself begin to calm. Sometimes this tiny break from all the screams for help and constant battle was all that got him through the year.

'Jetman?'

Sadly, it seemed this break had just been interrupted.

Almost wearily the hero opened his eyes and sighed. Hovering before him entirely by his own power was a fellow wearing an armored suit that strongly resembled a medieval samurai. The suit was red and gold in color and if the wearer were to sand on the peak where Jetman was now standing, the suit would have allowed him to almost reach the elderly hero's chin.

'You're not here for an autograph are you?' Jetman asked before his armored guest could continue to speak.

'N- no?' The suit stammered. He seemed nervous, awestruck to be in Jetman's presence, and a quick flash of Jetman's see-through eyes confirmed that the boy's heart was beating rather quickly. 'I-I-I... I saw you fly over my village and-'

'You want to fight me then?' Jetman asked. He stretched his limbs, brushed his hair and checked that his cape was flapping in a dramatic enough fashion. 'You want to prove you're the strongest hero on Earth, right?' The armored hero nodded his head eagerly, and Jetman actually smiled. He cracked his neck, his knuckles and folded his arms across his chest before saying to his visitor: 'Then let's see what you've got!'

The armored boy smiled underneath his helmet, filled with youthful energy and pride. He flew backwards to gain some space and readied his fist before punching Jetman square across the jaw! Yet it was the boy who screamed. He felt his arm pop underneath his suit and stumbled back clumsily from the invincible man who hadn't even blinked.

'Not bad, kid.' Jetman lied, smiling as he rubbed his jaw, pretending it was injured. He clenched his own fist and began to approach the injured hero.

'Wait! D-' The boy began to say, realizing too late what a terrible, terrible mistake he had made.

'Lemme show you how a pro does it!' Jetman grinned, and with terrifying ease punched the boy's head - helmet included! - clean from his shoulders. The head flew off into the sky, gaining speed until it was little more than a dark blip on the horizon.

It took Jetman a moment to realize what had happened.

He looked down at the boy's body, confused. Then he looked at his own body and fist, both of which were now covered in thick, red blood.

'Whoops.'

With unsettling calm and speed Jetman gripped the boy's foot, checked to make sure that nobody was watching and flung his opponent's body up into Earth's atmosphere.

It wasn't the first time something like this had happened.

It almost certainly wouldn't be the last.

Longingly, Jetman looked at the snowy mountain peak that was now splattered red like some sort of morbid art's and craft's project.

'One day.' He sighed, before flying up into the air and leaving Mount Everest for what would almost certainly be the last time.

A few hundred miles above the Earth hung the body of Bao Li, otherwise known to his family and friends as Metal Samurai. He'd been an up and comer, a source of genuine brightness in a world clogged with superheroes, villains and darkness. He had fashioned his armored power suit himself from scavenged materials and over the last year had been using it to keep his village and the Chinese border safe from the supernatural monsters that plagued it.

He had been 16 years old.

Next Issue!

Who are the Two?!

Who IS Jetman?!

And what dastardly secret is he hiding?!

Find out NEXT TIME in INFINIVERSE!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow. Jetman is an asshole.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Jetman: um kid.......you dropped something

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

@tommythehitman: Very nice openning issue. Jetman might come off as a jerk but I like the bastard so far lol.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Lol. "Whoops". Dude is so casual about punching someone's head off and tossing the body. Great opener.

silverspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so unexpected and just like, cool and weird and awesome. I really like this.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By wildvine

No time skips, no ellipses. You have certainly improved your writing style. A couple thoughts, not really critiques per se. More like theories really.

1) Why pretend for the sake of the kids feelings? I suspect our "hero" has a split personality and that is the titular 'two' referenced in the title.

2) Jetman, for being invulnerable (to a degree I assume, if superhero tropes are at play here) he seems oddly concerned with being caught as a murderer. I would theorize here that he's more worried about his public image, thus the cover up. Or that other heroes would discover his instability and stop him, or even that some villain or villains may twist his alter ego to their own devices.

3) He will probably kill again, but probably won't be to the mountain top again. Either Jetman will seek suicide, either from remorse from his crimes, or to prevent his evil alter ego from taking over.

4) His alter ego will probably take over. Or, plot twist-- he was always evil and the good side is the alter ego.

Just some thoughts I had. No need to confirm or deny.