Avatar image for kaiserblackbird
#1 Posted by KaiserBlackbird (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Three of us (possibly more) in a DC Comics roleplay server on discord are intending to do some sort of story with our chosen characters. They are quite unrelated from what I know, but they are: Doctor Fate (Inza Nelson Version), Raven and John Constantine. Bare in mind this place already deeply strays from the canon of DC and buffing or debuffing enemies is not a true problem. It is roleplay after all.

What I am wondering is:
A) If anyone would like to take a look at the discord itself, maybe even this little "arc" of ours.
B) Are there any villains or ways for the characters to meet each other that you can suggest.
C) If there are any other characters that we could/should add into this story.

#2 Edited by Jexsu (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care for Discord unless someone I know really needs me to log-in, so I'll pass on that. First, role play is always a neat way of fleshing out characters, especially if they're based on canon incarnations but with twists. Second, rather than introduce more canon characters, I'd focus on those you've already chosen as the main protagonists/antagonists. Third, you could try to ground your characters in realism, as it adds a new flavor to your story/role play; it's what I attempt to do whenever I role play or write stories (though I've not added many to CV).

#3 Edited by KaiserBlackbird (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@jexsu said:

I don't really care for Discord unless someone I know really needs me to log-in, so I'll pass on that. First, role play is always a neat way of fleshing out characters, especially if they're based on canon incarnations but with twists. Second, rather than introduce more canon characters, I'd focus on those you've already chosen as the main protagonists/antagonists. Third, you could try to ground your characters in realism, as it adds a new flavor to your story/role play; it's what I attempt to do whenever I role play or write stories (though I've not added many to CV).

It's no problem if you do not want to join, no worries at all there! We are relatively small group planning on growing so I just put the offer there. But thanks for the other stuff, hopefully it will prove useful!

#4 Posted by FicOPedia (2107 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Cat-like24 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaiserblackbird: I won't be of any use, I just haven't read comics in a while let alone ones with the characters u mentioned, and I'm more involved with RP revolving the MCU side of things and very specific comic books, just for your information, kindly. But thanks for posting anyways, hope you have fun with the roleplay!

#6 Posted by KaiserBlackbird (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat-like24: No problem! We do go very loosely on comics to fit everyone's stuff in, and there are quite a few OCs since the server started out as a Gotham based roleplay.

But tyvm for your kind messages and I wish you all the best of luck.

@ficopedia
I will look into that, thanks a lot!

#7 Posted by Cat-like24 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat-like24: No problem! We do go very loosely on comics to fit everyone's stuff in, and there are quite a few OCs since the server started out as a Gotham based roleplay.

No problem. :)

And that's really interesting, so do you guys read comic books on a regular basis, or do you guys have a record of reading comic books in the past?

#8 Posted by KaiserBlackbird (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaiserblackbird said:

And that's really interesting, so do you guys read comic books on a regular basis, or do you guys have a record of reading comic books in the past?

Well there is a range really. Unfortunately in my area not many comics are sold like at all. So I have been restricted to a very tight selection. I did manage to pick up a copy of Knightfall V1 (1993 version) and the Watchmen quite recently though. I do sometimes read online but find it hard sometimes. Aside from that there are a few people that really do keep up with comics and stuff like that.

#9 Posted by Cat-like24 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat-like24 said:
@kaiserblackbird said:

Well there is a range really. Unfortunately in my area not many comics are sold like at all. So I have been restricted to a very tight selection. I did manage to pick up a copy of Knightfall V1 (1993 version) and the Watchmen quite recently though. I do sometimes read online but find it hard sometimes. Aside from that there are a few people that really do keep up with comics and stuff like that.

That blows dude :/ Feel free to PM me if you need some help finding comics online.

Well good luck on your endeavors! :)