I want to make my own comic or book how do i do it?

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't show you my story because i am afraid someone might fix my idea and steal it. So what do you think i should do? I have writers block and can't think of a reason why something happened in my story. I have the idea but i i'm just stuck on a part i need to come up with 2 reasons in my story. Can you help me? Who could i turn to for help?

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Create backstory as to why he/she is doing what it is.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe create a flow chart or outline and track the character's progression. See how the character has progressed, see what sort of interactions he/she has had maybe you'll come up with the WHY the character might do something, then maybe you'll figure out the how, or the cause.

Best I can come up with.

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Can you answer this question for me? Who could i turn to for help? What i mean is i won't different writers to help me out

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Can you answer this question for me? Who could i turn to for help? What i mean is i won't different writers to help me out

Ummmmmmm. The best I can do is direct you the the RPG forums here. There are a ton and a half of talented writers here. Other than that you might try to Google for some writing help. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. I will say you're going to have some difficulty if you're not going to be able to share the plot and character problem a little bit. Kind of like trying to shoot a needle in a haystack in the dark. lol For an amateur writer of my meager caliber at least.

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: What do you think would happen if i post my story?

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't show you my story because i am afraid someone might fix my idea and steal it. So what do you think i should do? I have writers block and can't think of a reason why something happened in my story. I have the idea but i i'm just stuck on a part i need to come up with 2 reasons in my story. Can you help me? Who could i turn to for help?

First you need to secure your idea:

1. Write the pitch down
  2. Sent it to yourself in a sealed dated envellope

Like that you have proof that you're the creator of this idea.

Then even if they don't appear on your book, write down a back story for each of you characters. It will help you to know how your characters will act and react.

Then continue your story, if you can't finish it, maybe it's making a comics isn't for you.

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Dude, you're getting help from writers. This is as close to a Writers-Show-Off Forum as CV gets. Like Heroup' mentioned, RPG has good ones too. If you're looking for pros whose names you'll see in the comics, most of them have a policy of not looking at others' writing, simply to avoid the "they stole my idea" problem. We post original stuff on here all the time. Mostly, ideas don't get stolen, but it could happen. It's pretty clear that Batkevin74's "Batman vs Darth Vader" story was cribbed by BatInTheSun for their video. It happens.

Best I can tell you is: you have to acknowledge the possibility that your idea could get stolen, and decide what you want. Do you want to share your writing? Or do you want to hide it forever so it doesn't get stolen? I hid mine for years, because I actually *did* have some ideas stolen, but y'know what? If nobody's reading my stories, then what is the point? So I started writing here. If you don't start here, start somewhere. Don't hide it forever though.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:
@lethalpoop said:

Dude, you're getting help from writers. This is as close to a Writers-Show-Off Forum as CV gets. Like Heroup' mentioned, RPG has good ones too. If you're looking for pros whose names you'll see in the comics, most of them have a policy of not looking at others' writing, simply to avoid the "they stole my idea" problem. We post original stuff on here all the time. Mostly, ideas don't get stolen, but it could happen. It's pretty clear that Batkevin74's "Batman vs Darth Vader" story was cribbed by BatInTheSun for their video. It happens.

Best I can tell you is: you have to acknowledge the possibility that your idea could get stolen, and decide what you want. Do you want to share your writing? Or do you want to hide it forever so it doesn't get stolen? I hid mine for years, because I actually *did* have some ideas stolen, but y'know what? If nobody's reading my stories, then what is the point? So I started writing here. If you don't start here, start somewhere. Don't hide it forever though.

I can't offer any better advice than this.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@lethalpoop said:

What do you mean by won't, Do you mean 'why won't writers help me out' or do you mean 'I want different writers to help me out'?

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethalpoop: So, you want different writers to give you props on making a good story? Sure. Every writer has their own style of writing and methods of creating stories. A good place to start for you is by making a chart of all the things you want to happen in your story. After that, try a rough draft of what you have. Add and subtract from there. When I write, I have a dictionary and thesaurus open to help me not sound redundant.

Someone mentioned above that you don't really have to worry about getting your ideas stolen. As far as that is concerned, take a look at a lot of ideas thrown about the Fan-Fic and RPG and Artist Show-Off forums. People post their stuff every single day and they're not stolen.

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethalpoop: Here's a plan. Write down all your ideas from your brain. Then come up with the characters, the setting, and the background of the story. Then write everything down on a plot diagram. If you're going to write a comic book, write a script which describes every single detail. The hardest part is to find a creative team.

If you want advice from other writers, you can go to Youtube and watch videos about how they did their process.

Also, copyright your ideas first.

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethalpoop: No idea why you'd make a YouTube video with your ideas. And no need to use the Paragraph changer thing to ask us a question. Majority of us can read just fine.

lethalpoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

There are no original ideas after 1956. Everything is a rehash of a homage of an interpretation on a take of a slightly askew "new" idea.

Roll the dice, write the story and see what happens.