I love you, too.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

He tried to leave through the front door.

Only to be met by a giant rabbit-mask wearing man.

So he ran to the back door.

But was almost shot to death by a woman wearing bunny ears.

He searched for a window big enough for him to come out of. And he did find one.

But outside was an assassin dressed in red, armed with two bloody daggers.

He realized that he couldn't escape. But maybe he could hide? He decided to hid himself in the basement.

But down there waited a red-haired crimeboss who was about to light up her kiseru.

After wasting time on running around in circles, he ended up behind his computer once more. The very thing he had tried to escape.

The author groaned.

As he sat there, his three cats came and tried to get his attention. Ella and Nat jumped up on the table and stared at the author with a mix of demand and begging in their eyes. Nat began to dig his claws in one of the table's legs. The author scolded his firstborn cat, but Nat did not mind. He just wanted his human's attention.

After feeding his cats, the author went back to his laptop. First, he tried to write about a boy who was not a boy at all... but after twenty minutes of absolutely nothing, he had to give it up. He couldn't write it wholeheartedly. So he tried to write about a little town with citizens who all had shady pasts... but after ten minutes of staring at what was not even ten percent of a full chapter, he decided to do it some other day instead. Finally, he tried to write the first chapter in a tale about a flying man with a cynic world view... but that ended sour as well.

"You might as well give it up." Someone giggled behind the author.

The author stood up, turned around, and was met with the source of his problems.

"Aw, great!" The author groaned. "It's YOU!"

"Aw, don't be like that!" The character clapped the author on the should. "You like me! I'm your favorite! We both know that."

"Yeah, that's the problem." The author went to the fridge to fetch himself a glass of water. "You want something?" he asked his uninvited guest.

"Thanks, but no thanks." The character found himself a nice but worn out armchair the author had been given as a gift from his pseudo sister. "You know I don't need food or water. Just you."

"Well, you are starting to use me up, pal." The author made himself a sandwich as he gave the character a frown. "Would it kill you to leave me alone? Just for a month or so?"

"Technically, yes." The character patted one of the cats who now sad on his lap. "But we both know why I'm here, don't we?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..." the author sat by the dinner table and ate his sandwich. "That doesn't mean that I have to like it."

"Too bad. Suck it up, bucko. You started it. And you have to finish it, too. You might as well get back to typing."

The author glared at the character. "I could scratch you, you know. You won't be missed by more than... I don't know, four readers. So don't get cocky."

"If you did that, you would never forgive yourself." The character gently pushed the cat off his knees and stood up, stretching his long limps. "What is your problem? You tired of me?"

"I..." The author sighed. "No, it's not that. It's just... I hoped I could write three series at the same time, you know. But you fill too much. I do enjoy writing you, more than anything else I ever wrote before. But-"

"It's not just that, is it?" The character found himself a chair next to his creator. "I need you to exist. But you need me too, don't you?"

The author buried his face in his hands. "Dear god, yes. It sometimes feels like you are the only thing I can do right."

"We both know that ain't true."

The author gave a bitter laugh. "Tell that to my chemistry teacher. It's the THIRD time I failed that exam."

"So you don't get chemistry. Not everyone does."

"It's not just that, it... I... It feels like I just can't get a win, nowadays."

The character looked at his creator with a worried look... not that you could see that since he was wearing a mask. "Hey, you aren't going all Leap on me, are you?"

It took a second before the author got the reference. "Oh. No. No, I'm not THAT depressed."

"Good. Now, stop beating around the bush and get typing. We both know you will feel better afterwards. But, ah..." the character giggled in a way that suited his silly mask. "Don't get me killed, okay? That would be a total bummer."

The author smiled. "Well, it WOULD be one heck of a plot twist. I've considered it. Really."

"Aw, you wouldn't do that." The character made a dramatic gesture with his arms. "Not to me."

The author tapped his chin, pretending to be in deep thoughts. "Well... maybe not. I am quite fond of you."

"Fond of me?! That's the understatement of the year!" Cat laughed as he opened the front door. "And one more thing: Get some more sleep, okay? Or your brain will turn into mashed potatoes and you will see things that aren't really there."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..." The author rolled his eyes.

"Good. See ya later. I love ya!"

As Cat slammed the door shut, the author sighed in relief.

"I love you, too, dad."

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@waezi2: Kind of funny, but I don't get the ending. Is it saying Cat is based on the author's dad?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yes. I based Cat on my father Abdullah. He was a even sillier man than me:)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

Concept is good. Writing overall is fine. But you continue to abuse the ellipses. 18 ellipses in this short chapter is too many dude.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Alright, I have to ask(even thought it might make me look like an idiot):

What is ellipses?

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@waezi2 said:

@wildvine: Alright, I have to ask(even thought it might make me look like an idiot):

What is ellipses?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By waezi2

@wildvine: I guess you are right. I do "abuse" it.

How was the two recent Cat chapters? Any complaints?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#10 wildvine  Moderator

@waezi2: Ellipses is the "..." Haven't read them as I have yet to get caught up.