Howard & Charles Vs The Dimension of Zombies Pt 1 of 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

This story follows straight after here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-new-york-s-finest-issue-5-1528945/#10

And has direct ties to: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-punisher-7-1521272/#2

And more Mayhem can be found here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/

Howard sat in the front seat of his cab and looked around in confusion “Someone’s been touching my stuff!”

No Caption Provided

It’d been a rough couple of days. Future ducks, altered timelines, Dr Bong and now someone had changed the settings on his radio. Howard slapped the steering wheel.

“Who breaks into a ducks cab to fiddle with his dials I ask you?”

Howard reset the radio to his liking before turning the key and driving off into the night as the dulcet tones of Andy Williams drifted across the airwaves.

“Cigars don’t grow on trees people,” said Howard “Who needs a ride?”

One Police Plaza

Charles Little Sky awoke in the locker room. His helmet was next to him with a fist sized dent in it.

“Oh man!” he groaned rubbing his aching head before bolting upright “ZOMBIE!”

Lieutenant Marcus Stone stepped into view “Calm down”

“There’s a zombie from…”

No Caption Provided

Stone held up his hand “Kraven was here before we arrived. He’s under arrest and linked to another case involving the Punisher. Now you okay?”

He stood up “Yeah, don’t appreciate being knocked out though.”

“I’ve spoken to Rage,” Stone took out a sheet of paper from his pocket and handed it over “And made him write it out. He’s a rough diamond.”

Charles looked at the note. It was as if a child had written it: I’m sorry I hit you! Rage. And it was written at least one hundred times. Charles smiled “Thanks”

“Thank you for your help Portal,” Stone shook Charles’ hand “Though you can keep that zombie hell hole you have access to!”

“As I tried to tell you BEFORE I can teleport but dimensionally. I can go from point A to point but I have to go through Z…as in Z for zombie.”

Stone just looked at Portal and grunted “As I said, it’s all yours!”

He watched the leader of Code: Blue leave as he began unclipping his armour “Some people got no sense of humour”

Howard pulled the cab up to the corner “Twenty one fifty toots!”

“Did you just call me toots?” said Dallas as she got out and promptly stuck her head in through the window “Because there is no way I’m taking condescending, patronising, misogynistic crap from a midget in an effing Halloween costume!”

No Caption Provided

“Hey lady!” snapped Howard “You want me to call a cop?”

Dallas smirked as she unclipped her badge from her hip “Nine one one, what’s your emergency?”

“Just give me the fare!” groaned Howard “I got bills!”

Dallas tossed the money into his lap “How do you see in that thing?”

Howard looked up and spotted Charles standing waiting for a cab and sneakily sped off “Where to?”

“JFK!” said Charles as he tossed his bag in “Are you a duck?”

“What of it?”

“Just making…,” Charles looked out the window “Never mind!” And placed his earphones in and clicked on his IPod.

“You got a partic…” Howard saw that his passenger was off in his own world “JFK it is!”

Howard tapped the steering wheel as The Everly Brothers “Bird Dog” played away, blowing cigar smoke out the window. He’d asked the guy in the back if he minded but he was dozing and had earphones in so, why the hell not! Traffic was flowing pretty well down the Long Island Expressway when a car swerved in the far lane and cut into the traffic like a maniac. Howard saw the approaching car and in that split second punched the accelerator and spun the wheel to beautifully swerve around the potential accident like a skilled stunt driver. It was genius…until he clipped a pot hole and the cab shot across a lane bounced up off the concrete divide and sailed like a bullet towards the oncoming traffic.

No Caption Provided

Charles in the back woke up with a start and all he saw was a windshield full of approaching truck coming straight at them “Oh god!”

His power ripped open a hole in front of the cab and shot them into another dimension, milliseconds before the truck would’ve hit them.

KER-RUNCH!

The cab came to a sudden halt against a tree slamming the occupants around like balls in a pinball machine.

Howard came to “What the hell?” He felt the lump on his forehead and then saw the damage to his cab. The front was neatly bent around a tree which wasn’t on the expressway moments before. Windshield shattered and held together by sheer luck.

“You okay?” he asked the man in the back who lay slumped in the seat “Mister?”

“Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr”

“Is that a yes or a no?” said Howard.

“Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr”

Howard paused as he realised the sound wasn’t coming from the guy in the back. He turned his beak towards the rear passenger window to see a decayed man pawing at the window like a puppy in the pet shop…if that puppy was a six foot tall slobbering undead thing of course.

“This is just like when I was back in ARMOR!” moaned Howard reaching for the glovebox “Goddam zombies!”

To be continued in part 2 by Wildvine…

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74@wildvine: Howard + Portal x Zombies / Dallas's Attitude - Thunderbolts 21 (Because nobody will read it) x Part 2 by Wildvine = Epicness that I can't wait to see.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By wildvine

@batkevin74

Love your style of writing Howard. Its so similar to mine, but with your own writing flavor. And you worked in how some people notice his odd appearance. And lastly, but not leastly, we finally got the Dallas/Howard crossover. You've set the bar very high for part 2. Lets see what I come up with.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I bumped all 6 Howard's to see how you did his dialog and went from there! And yeah Dallas, she's back and she needed to go to work so the crossover worked.

The idea of an anthropomrphic duck driving a cab works because people often don't notice/care on who is driving them and if they are "weird" or "eccentric" looking then most people just accept it. Howard even gets a reference in Punisher 9 when Frank catches a cab (though it may not be Howard just Frank's eye playing up).

As for part 2, Howard & Charles are in your capable hands. I look forward to seeing it

@impurestcheese:Oh they will, they will. Hell we'll make'em! I did read it but I am way behind in my T-bolts so it made no sense to me just yet. I think I'm up to around 7-9 which in a series of 21 is pretty rubbish! (My reading not your writing) I think its where the crossover between them and Jesters and then the spin-off series like Weird Sisters and that wedding dress story arc and then the Gen-X crossover in that area makes me wonder where I'm up to and what to read first.

But we'll get there. You put the effort in on your side, time to do so from my end

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks. Don't worry about the crossover until you get to a Thunderbolts A issue and the J11 stuff is between 12 and 14 so again don't worry about it. One thing Weird Sisters is not a spin off so there is nothing stopping you from reading it at the moment (apart from uncontrollable personal stuff, real life and the passage of time obviously)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea of an anthropomrphic duck driving a cab works because people often don't notice/care on who is driving them and if they are "weird" or "eccentric" looking then most people just accept it. Howard even gets a reference in Punisher 9 when Frank catches a cab (though it may not be Howard just Frank's eye playing up).

He has a Punisher cameo too. Lol. Making him a cab driver was the best idea ever.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: It's the perfect profession for cameos, crossovers and easily quit/rehire

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Yeah Howard is quietly creeping up to Dallas levels of interaction. He even has had Marvel's Greatest Villains in his cab. I'm right in assuming 8-Ball and Overrider are Marvel's greatest villains right?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: The best kind of interactions are the subtle ones. We'll have to make a comparative list

Dallas: The Secret Defenders, Clint Barton, Wong, Frank Castle, Code: Blue, Melissa Songbird, Howard the Duck, Matt Murdock...I'll have to go back through Scourge but that's off the top of my head

Howard: Portal, Dallas, 8-Ball, Overrider, Punisher (maybe)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74You forgot Oriole for Dallas. She arrested him in Issue 11 of er J11. Also Kingpin and Hammerhead are in the Dallas Corner but Howard has met Santa/Krampus/Holly King. So he obviously wins.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I will chase that up and fix accordingly. But who says Dallas hasn't met Santa?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, cause its too soon to be on page 2.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very awesome stuff Bats and possibly Wilds. You seem to be the master of making a crossover feel natural.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Excuse me? What about the other Mayhem Crossovers. You know the ones you haven't read.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#19  Edited By cbishop
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I initally thought "How cool, Howard Hughes & Charles Darwin fighting zombies" but then thought "No, they died decades apart" but was pleasantly surprised by Howard the Duck and Charles Little Sky (I had to look up who that was). A cliffhanger pause at the end

Very good, when is part 2 @wildvine ?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: No it's actually Marvel Mayhem, it wouldn't fit in the title. The zombie dimension is where Portal traverses through when he teleports, like the Marvel Zombie universe but for Marvel Mayhem

@4donkeyjohnson Ha ha ha cool idea but no not them.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CatalinaIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Wow you write Howard almost as well as Wildvine. Kudos to you sir

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By batkevin74

@catalinaic: I did re-read everything WV had previously written on Howard to get the way he'd been portrayed down pretty good. Thanks

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Irishlad

HOLY CRAP DALLAS IS BACK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, okay it's a crossover with Howard and Charles but HOLY CRAP DALLAS IS BACK xD Good chapter it has a nice setup for chapter 2.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: See NYC 5 for your head to explode :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers