Holmes. #1

DamianWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DamianWayne

The usual chime echoed through my ears originating from 'Big Ben'. The year is 1888. The date is September 26th. As I walk the busy gravel road leading into the Whitechapel district my peripheral vision catches a headline on the front of a newspaper. A young boy holds it, charcoal stains his face and his nails, uncovered by his fingerless gloves. But, that is not my main observation. My main observation is the headline....

"WHITECHAPEL KILLER TAKES ANOTHER VICTIM"

London was and is not safe. How could it be safe? We were living in troubled times. I turned off the gravel path slowly and walk down an alley, the ground is lined with moss covered cobblestone bricks. A few of them stained. Stained with the fading crimson glow of blood. One of the Whitechapel murders took place here. Like the other victims, was a prostitute. The one who died here was 'Mary Ann Nichols'. I bend down and examine the blood stains before finding a long strand of hair, burrowed in the crease of one of the bricks, it's blonde with a hint of grey, moderate aging. If I'm correct then it seems as though she was in her early 40's. 'Twas a shame, really. Her death. Or, at least, the way her death came to her, it was no swift ending. I examined the crime scene when the body was discovered, and I examined the body...The throat was severed deeply by two cuts, and the lower part of the abdomen was partly ripped open by a deep, jagged wound. Several other incisions on the abdomen were caused by the same knife.

I dropped the strand of hair and stood, wiping the knees of my black trousers and continued down the alley. The merky puddles of water baring my reflection and the rodents scurrying away. As I exited the dark alley, that withheld such a large secret from me I entered back onto a gravel road. The light almost blinding me at first until my eyes adapted. I turned my head slowly to where in the distance I could see a group of the police force, standing around an outlined body. In front of them all, stood a large fellow, his bowler cap slipping down his wrinkled forhead. The back tone of his hat and waistcoat brought out the bright tone of orange on his beard and mutton chops. He glared at me, obviously unimpressed. All I could do was walk toward him, grinning.

"Lestrade!"

I somehow managed to say, in a delighted tone. I really did like the fellow, though i'm afraid that I don't think he could say the same for me.....A coffee stain stuck out to the naked eye on his waistcoat, as I surveyed him closely I was snapped out of my daze by his low and raspy voice. He was impatient.

"I'm glad you finally decided to get up and join us, Holmes, now, ya actually goin' t' check out the body or not!?"He said, loud enough to make his officers stop in their tracks....I smiled, cocked my head and looked at the mutilated body of the woman, laying on the ground behind him. I pursed my lips before speaking.

"Yes......She's most certainly dead, Lestrade." I noticed Lestrade's eye twitch at my sarcasm laced comment. He through his arms up in the air and cursed under his breath before walking away to one of his officers. I leaned down slowly to see the woman's blood covered black hair. Another prostitute....Her name was Annie Chapman.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

This is awesome! It's a breath of fresh air to see some variety up in here. Thanks.

DamianWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DamianWayne

@TheWholeDamnShow: Thank you! I didn't quite know how everyone would react. Nice to see someone's enjoying it!

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DickGrayson

@DamianWayne: Amaxing! Loved it! Good Job DamianWayne!