Herd of bandits chapter 8

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! AAAAAAAAAAH CHOOOOO!" Deacon sneezed. "Dust always gets me stuffy." He had a huge smile on his face.

"That was sure dramatic." Terry said, with an annoyed face?

General Stonewall was dumbfounded. "How did you break through the wall? Are you some kinda' soldier or something."

"Me? No, I'm just a cowboy."

This didn’t answer Stonewall's question. "However you managed to break it doesn't matter. A mere cowboy like you can't hope to beat me. I was bitten by a Sinti Serpent. Those critters give whomever they bite a special ability." Jackson lifted his hand in the air and levitated a few stones. "I was bitten by the cobble-head snake. I can control stones and form weapons with them."

"And all you make are stone walls?" Deacon joked.

"I wouldn’t expect a stupid cowboy like yourself to understand. Walls can be versatile weapons. The point is that I make those little pea-shooters you have ineffective, Thanks to my snake bite ability."

Deacon just shrugged. "I have one too."

Everybody froze.

"What?" Stonewall asked.

"I was bitten by a Sinti Snake too." Deacon repeated.

Terry couldn't believe his ears.

"It all makes sense now." Isi said.

"Huh?" Terry asked.

"His super-human abilities, his fast gun slinging, his affinity for alcohol."

"Alcohol?" Terry asked. "I don't follow."

"When someone is bitten by a Sinti Snake, the venom stays in the human body forever. While it gives superhuman abilities, it's also actively trying to kill you. Alcohol is the only thing that prevents it from being fatal."

Terry still couldn't believe it. Things like this have been going on in the world and he was completely oblivious to it.

"You were bitten by a Sinti snake?" Stonewalling asked, unconvinced.

"Yep."

"Which one?"

"I was bitten by the bullet snake." Deacon said proudly. "I can control my bullets."

Jackson was unimpressed.

"Like this." Deacon said as he unholstered his revolvers. "Rubber bullets!"

He opened fire and a bullet hit a union soldier in the face. His comrades rushed to help him. He wasn't dead, he just felt like something hit his head hard. The bullet was on the ground in front of him. When they checked it, it was indeed a regular revolver bullet. The soldiers then surrounded Deacon, aiming their bayonets at him.

"Trigger finger!" Deacon yelled, and he opened fire. It sounded like he only shot twice, but the soldiers around him all dropped.

"Amusing." Jackson said. "But I faild to see how bullets are going to stop me."

Deacon only had one bullet left. He grabbed the revolver with both hands. "Impact shot!"

Jackson formed a tall wall right in front of him, Shielding him from Deacon's aim

Deacon opened fire. The recoil from the revolver pushed him back a few feet.

Jackson just smiled, until he saw the hole in his wall. "How?" He thought. He then felt a pain in his chest. He looked and saw a hole in his union jacket. The pain caused him to collapse on the ground."

"General Jackson!" His entire battalion yelled in disbelief. "Did he managed to shoot through the walls? Who is this guy."

Terry gave a sigh of relief. " The lucky bastard did it." He said.

His relief was short lived. Jackson slowly got up, with his hand on his chest.

"How did he do that with just a revolver? Only goldenwood rifles have been able to break my walls. He pulled the bullet out of him. The bullet managed to get through the wall, but Jackson still had stone armor around his chest. He then examined the bullet, and much to his disbelief, it was just a simple revolver round.

"Like I said." Jackson said. "Mere bullets won't stop me."

"Actually. I'm out of ammo now." Deacon said with a nervous laugh.

"Gah, that dumbass." Terry said. "He just doomed us all."

"But those aren't my only abilities." Deacon continued. "I can also move as fast as a bullet." He then made a fist. "And hit as hard as one too."

Jackson didn't want to believe that. "None of that matters. Bullets are-"

Before Jackson could finish his sentabce, Deacon dissapeared from sight. The only thing Jackson saw was His hat slowly falling downwards.

"Magnum!" Deacon yelled. He was right behind Jackson.

Before Jackson could react, he took a powerful punch to the back of the head. The force of the punch sent him tumbling forward.

"Ngh." Jackson grunted. He got up and kept his eye on Deacon. "That was pretty fast, but you won't get me a second time.

Deacon rushed at Jackson, who immediately put up a stone wall to protect himself. Deacon had already closed the gap before the wall formed.

"SMG!" He yelled. He threw hundreds of consecutive punches with only one hand. The punches connected Jackson's face with blinding speed.

Jackson was being bombarded. He tried to cover up his face with his arm.

"Akimbo." Deacon then yelled. Now both of his hands were attacking Jackson's face.

Jackson tried to cover his face with both his arms. This seemed to work as soon all Deacon was hitting was Jackson's elbows.

"Magnum" he yelled again, and he landed the punch right in Jackson's stomach.

"Huagh!" Jackson groaned in pain. The force of the punch made him drop his arms.

"Mortar" Deacon yelled as he followed through with an uppercut that seemed to launch at Jackson's chin.

The powerful punch made Jackson fly up several feet into the air, and then he crashed backwards. His body was motionless.

"Hows that for useless?" Deacon said confidently.

"Ngh." Jackson grunted. "Hehe, I'll give you that one, but all you managed to do is piss me off."

He placed his hand on the ground. A stone wall launched up from under Deacon. He barely managed to lean backwards to avoid it. Another one immediately followed, this one caught him in the back of the head.

"That’s right, I just have to outsmart him." Jackson said, as he watched Deacon try to dodge all his attacks.

Jackson was relentless. He threw stone wall after stonewall. Deacon was avoiding it and making his way to Jackson.

"Just a little closer." Jackson said.

Deacon was within striking distance. "Magnum!" He yelled but his punch was cut off by a wall popping up in front of him. Deacon was already moving forward so he smacked his face against the wall.

Jackson used this opportunity to launch the wall at another one. Deacon was caught between the two and was crushed.

"Deacon!" Terry yelled in worry. Isi also looked worried. Jackson's men however, were celebrating.

"Way to go General!" One of them cheered. "Kill that damned cowboy." Said another.

The celebration was soon disrupted. Deacon pushed one of the stone walls off of him. He then fell to his knees. Blood was dripping from his nose, and he was panting. He managed to crack a smile despit all this.

"Now, this is a fight." Deacon said.

"He survived that?" Jackson thought to himself. "He is probably going to use that speed again. Attack from the left."

Soon Deacon launched himself out of sight, in blinding speed. Jackson quickly guarded both of his sides with a wall. Sure enough, Deacon was attacking from the left. He momentarily stopped himself before he could slam against the walls again.

"Not this time." Deacon said. He positioned his right arm behind him, setting up his most powerful punch. "Fifty-Cal!" He yelled. His punch was so fast, it seemed as if it teleported to Jackson's face. The force of the punch completely obliterated the stone wall.

The punch devastated Jackson. The fist was still connected to his face, pushing him back with might force. Jackson was drifting in and out of consciousness. Deacon kept pushing his face with his fist. Forcing Jackson to the ground.

"Jackson!" His men cried.

He was unresponsive. His face was bloody. Deacon stood over him.

"That’s… What you get… You…scumbag…" Deacon panted.

He was about to walk away, when he felt a hard grip on his wrists.

"What are you doing?" Deacon asked. "This fight is over."

"Not…yet…" Jackson grunted. He then cracked a smile and tossed Deacon backwards.

"Huh?" Deacon said in confusion. The ground underneath him started shaking. Soon walls quickly surrounded him and trapped him in a small box. The box started floating upwards.

"Now you get to taste my ultimate attack." Jackson said. He was still very dizzy. "I'll admit, your punches did a lot more damage than expected, but the outcome is the same."

Deacon tried to break through the stone box, but the room inside kept getting smaller and smaller.

"That cowboy is dead." One of Jackson's men said. "Nobody could escape his shrinking box."

Jackson laughed. "Soon, that box is only going to have bones and mutilated flesh inside. Bahahahahaha!"

"I ain't dyin' here." Deacon yelled from inside the box. It has shrunken so much that it was ball shaped, Deacon was in the fetal position inside. He could feel His bones getting tighter and tighter.

Soon the stone ball started spinning. Spinning at rapid speeds.

"What is he doing?" Jackson wondered. He hoped the ball would crush him before he could pull whatever stunt he was planning.

"Cannon!" Deacon yelled.

"Oh. No!" Jackson thought, as he realized what was going to happen

"Ball!"

The ball rocketed at Jackson's chest. The force of the blow causing him to spit out blood. The stones shattered around him and Deacon was freed. The attack crushed Jackson's Gibbs. He fell backwards and continued to choke on his blood.

Jackson's men were in shock. So were Terry and Isi.

"So this is the power of the Sinti snakes." Isi said.

"What do we do?" One of Jackson's men asked. "What do you think? We kill that guy."

When Isi heard this, she was immediately enraged. She ignored her pain and attacked The entire group.

Deacon was about to take the soldiers out, when he noticed that they were all being launched in the air. After the last one was knocked out of the way. Only Isi stood in front of Deacon.

"Hey Rosy." Deacon said with a cheerful smile, as if he had not been in a fierce battle. "You get to do whatever you want to him."

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2 cbishop  Online

@mikesterman: Again, you've got historical problems with this. Jackson died in the 1860's, and most of the guns Deacon's calling on weren't invented until the 1900's. I still think a fictitious name would be better than Jackson's. You should fact check things like gun dates, or give a plausible explanation how this guy knew about them ahead of time.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: my explanation is, that this still isn't completely grounded on reality. The Jackson here and the Jackson who lived back then are 2 totally different people. The same way in one peace luffy has the gum gum gatling gun. That gun wasn't around in the pirate era. While this is based off Western US, this is not western Us.rather a new world I created.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop  Online

@mikesterman: Okay, fair enough. You might want to find a way to make that known at the beginning of the story for when it goes in your college paper.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikesterman

@cbishop: yeah, I guess it's not so clear due to how grounded in reality the first chapter seems. I'm pretty much writing a shonen.