Help me decide, I'm writing a comic

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

So, I have decided to create my own comic series, just for fun not for sale, and I'm having trouble making up a few decisions for the book. Here are some of the aspects that I want you to decide if you like or dislike-

- No aliens (I have decided to take a more dc approach than marvel, but I want the characters to have more human qualities with smaller superpowers)

- Bringing in a lot of culture ( Comics have tend to stray toward American superheroes, or at least superheroes living in the u.s. I want to have a series of comics that take place in other parts of the globe, with different problems to deal with.)

- Antiheroes (A wide majority of the superheroes I will want to use are antiheroes)

- Death (A death of a superhero will not be uncommon, and the superheroes do age over time.)

- Language ( For the superheroes living in different parts of the globe, I want to have one book with 2 variations of the comic, one in English, the other in whatever language that hero's culture speaks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

DC is FULL of aliens: Superman, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, The Green Lantern Corps, Aztek etc but an alien free universe could be good

Culture: Superheroes and the USA just work. But I'd love to see a Brazilian, Sri Lankan or even Fijian take on it

Antiheroes: Just a cool word for vigilante

Death: If you kill'em, keep'em dead! I hate revolving door heaven

Now do it!

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC is FULL of aliens: Superman, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, The Green Lantern Corps, Aztek etc but an alien free universe could be good

Culture: Superheroes and the USA just work. But I'd love to see a Brazilian, Sri Lankan or even Fijian take on it

Antiheroes: Just a cool word for vigilante

Death: If you kill'em, keep'em dead! I hate revolving door heaven

Now do it!

Actually, the term antihero means a superhero who does things other superheroes do not. Typically it means killing. Don't worry, I'm not bringing any of them back to life once they die. And I didn't even think of any Brazilian, sri Lankan, or Fijian superheroes, nice suggestion.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Just my thoughts:

Dead means dead unless you have a way to bring them back that makes sense. If you bring back make sure you explain the way within the same storyline.

Levels of allignment: Hero (typicla hero), Vigilante (goes somewhat outside the law), Anti-Hero (does anything they want to stop crime), Anti-Villain (criminal who helps people), Villain (typical criminal)

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god:

I realize the dead thing. I hat it when comics are constantly brining back characters who we thought were dead.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Yeah keep things dead unless it's a legit way to bring them back. Necromancy = Okay, Cybernetic Restoration = Okay, Reincarnation = Okay. Just appearing because you can = No

Wouldn't mind seeing a German Superhero or team, the country has long been the breeding ground for villains yet we so rarely see heros come from there

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers