_Caliban_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By _Caliban_
No Caption Provided

Stilt Man had yet to change course, the metallic limbed thief making a straight line to who knows where. Sam channeled his inner Mario Andretti as he pushed his Prius to the limits to achieve the higher elevation of Pasadena Drive. This was the end of the road for Patsy, looking at the gigantic frame of the Stilt Man close the distance with his long strides. His path was now littered with the red and blue lights of the LAPD, which he simply crushed or out maneuvered. The now numerous helicopters which flew near him a mere annoyance.

No Caption Provided

Patsy rolled her head to the left, and then to the right, stretching her neck for an unfavorable showdown. She rolled the tip of her metallic claws against each other one by one - her signature devilish grin revealing they were sharp as ever. Pounding her gauntlets together, Patsy readied for the fight.

It's only the Stilt Man, her inner voice revealing itself once more. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

That is what they say, she uttered aloud. I've been telling myself that since I saw Stilt Man.

I know. I'm literally your conscious.

Her brow furrowed under her blue cat mask. I forget that sometimes.

D'uh! If you would have listened to me years ago you never would have...

Don't! Patsy stopped herself from bringing up the numerous mistakes in her past. Don't say it.

Okay...but you never would have ma...

Knowing her inner-voice tried to go an alternate route of humiliation, she stopped it again. Don't say his name either.

If her conscious had an actual body, her face would have been red with anger. Are you really going to silence me and invoke a Voldemort clause on...

You said his name.

Whose? Her conscious asked.

The one no one can mention in Harry Potter.

Voldemort?

You did it again. Every time you say his name I know you really want to say their names. Don't do it. Its bad luck.

You cant be serious!

I am, but hold that thought.

Hellcat seemed to blend in the shadows of Stilt Man as he made his way over her position. Metal upon metal clashed, her sharp claw tips finding position in each ridge of Stilt Man's telescopic legs. Each time a leg made contact with the ground, the vibration made the feline heroine quake as if living through a miniaturized earthquake. She looked upward her steep climb, making certain she dug in a groove every time his leg would strike again, until the nimble hero reached her goal.

Hey fella, you lost?

Patsy's words caught Stilt Man's attention, the armored thief visibly annoyed by Hellcat's presence. With a simple gesture gas pellets rained down upon her, each pellet discharging randomly as they fell much to his visible delight. It was an effective repellent, one which made Hellcat gag and lose her grip and fall. She could feel gravity take effect on her, death craving her blood stained body to land on an unforgiving surface. She would have no parts of it though, raising her arm and launching her claws from her gauntlets until it found its mark on a ridge of the the armor's collar.

I just want to talk, Patsy said dangling limply as he continued to walk. I mean I really thought people like Doc Oc and Big Wheel were a little lame, but after meeting you up close, I have a whole different outlook on you guys.

Lady, I appreciate the sentiment, but you are just as annoying as Daredevil or Spider Man. His voice boomed over his armor's speaker as he took aim at his new annoyance in life. Grasping his own weapon, two blast were fired which missed Hellcat barely.

Ill take the comparison as a compliment, Patsy joked but the revelation of why he had come across both those icons as much as he did became apparent- the hydraulic legs weren't just a means of transportation, they were a way of forcing any combatant onto a battle on his terms. Patsy quickly realizing that she was the underdog in the battle.

Leave me....Stilt Man's wish would be cut short as his attention quickly shifted to resistance upon one of his legs. His eyes gazed passed Hellcat, focusing more on something on the surface, something strong enough to resist the compressed force of his armor. His visor magnified his view ten folds, locking onto something green.

No Caption Provided

I don't mean to interrupt a moment, She-Hulk shouted as her mighty arms grasped and halted one of Stilt Man's legs as her own legs began to burrow deep into the surface itself, but can I cut into this dance.

The voice of her friend made Patsy smile once more. She didn't have a quick witted response for She-Hulk's arrival but decided to use the distraction to her advantage as she scaled Stilt Man quickly. She wasn't Daredevil or Spider Man, she wasn't even a green Hulk below. What she was was fiery and determined. A cat from Hell with claws to match, which launched a series of strikes upon the face of Stilt Man.

Stilt Man's armor provided ample protection, but the threat of Hellcat's attack so close to his face made its user panic and distracted enough for She Hulk to use her momentum and strength to shift Stilt Man's center of gravity, causing the armor to come crashing downward with force.

The fall caused a cloud of dust and debris, its thick nature blinding She-Hulk to the damage. The emerald powerhouse covered her eyes, slowly walking near the fallen armor as a guide until her eyes locked onto a silhouette approaching from the opposite direction.

Glad you finally decided to show up. Patsy shouted, fighting through the coughs, happy to see her friend as she appeared through the dust.

She-Hulk simply smirked at Patsy's remark. You've been waiting to say that to me since you met Sam, right?

Hellcat shrugged her shoulders, her devilish grin appearing once more. I plead the fifth.

You have absolutely no clue when to invoke that privilege, huh? She-Hulk asked, her arms crossed wanting to get into legal debate.

Hellcat simply raised one hand, extending all her fingers. One, two, three, four,Fifth!